|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brandishes a knife at Sharpe?
(a) A dog owner.
(b) A childhood friend.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A drunken sailor.
2. What does Pumphrey give Sharpe?
(a) The name of an emergency contact in Copenhagen.
(b) Clothes suitable for a British noble.
(d) A new pistol.
3. What do Willsen and Lavisser have in common?
(a) They are both from the nobility.
(b) They are both part Russian.
(c) They are both part Dane.
(d) They are both third sons.
4. What does Sharpe do after throwing the sand?
(a) Kills the snake.
(b) Opens the chest and retrieves his weapons.
(c) Flags the ship.
(d) Runs to the dunes.
5. What is Sharpe's present assignment in the Army?
6. What does Captain Dunnett say is the penalty for stealing from the Danes?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Twenty lashes.
(d) Reduction in rank and 20 years hard labour.
7. Who is Jem Hocking?
(a) The master of the workhouse.
(b) A ship captain from Germany.
(c) A high-ranking crime boss.
(d) A ship captain from Denmark.
8. What happens to Willsen?
(b) He is knocked unconscious.
(c) He is attacked from behind.
(d) He is beaten in cricket.
9. What does Sharpe tell Hocking before Sharpe kills the man?
(a) His mother's name.
(b) His real name.
(d) His mission in the slums.
10. What does Sharpe discover when he comes out of hiding?
(a) The cavalry left one man behind.
(b) Lavisser is badly wounded on the beach.
(c) There is a draft horse tied to a tree near the water.
(d) Lavisser is waiting for Sharpe.
11. Where does Lavisser lead Willsen?
(a) Into an alley.
(b) To his family's mansion.
(c) To a pub.
(d) To the aviary.
12. Why does Lavisser suggest taking the service entrance?
(a) So they can leave their gear to be cleaned.
(b) So they can find the ostler.
(c) To shorten their path to the rear gardens.
(d) In case any French agents are watching.
13. What does Sharpe find for weapons?
(a) A butcher knife in the kitchen.
(b) His folding knife and two of Skovaard's pistols.
(c) A samurai sword.
14. What is approaching the Danish shore?
(a) American ships.
(b) Russian ships.
(c) French ships.
(d) British ships.
15. Where does Lavisser invite Willsen?
(a) To the docks to see his new cutter.
(b) To a play.
(c) To the opera.
(d) To dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Sharpe say he is interested?
2. What does Hocking say Sharpe can do while waiting?
3. What do Brown and Belling explain to Sharpe about his commission?
4. What does Barker say when Sharpe asks him for the key to the chest?
5. What does Sharpe buy from a sailor on the ship?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)