|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the ships do as they approach the fort?
(a) Salute the fort with cannons.
(b) Ignore it.
(c) Wave white peace flags.
(d) Anchor in the area.
2. What do Lavisser and a woman do as Sharpe comes into the room where they are torturing Skovaard?
(a) Yell for more of their guards.
(b) Charge Sharpe.
(c) Take Astrid as hostage.
(d) Jump out the window.
3. What do Brown and Belling explain to Sharpe about his commission?
(a) It expires in two years.
(b) It can be passed on to Sharpe's son if and when Sharpe has a son.
(c) It is provisional.
(d) Sharpe cannot sell it.
4. Where does Lavisser invite Willsen?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To the opera.
(c) To a play.
(d) To the docks to see his new cutter.
5. What does Lavisser say that surprises Sharpe?
(a) That Sharpe is no gentleman.
(b) That Sharpe will be lost in Denmark.
(c) A statement about gold.
(d) That Lavisser doesn't want a thug coming along.
6. Who does Hocking think Sharpe is?
(a) A man named Dunnett.
(b) An agent of the Crown.
(c) A Scotland Yard undercover agent.
(d) A common footpad.
7. Why does Sharpe throw sand into Barker's eyes?
(a) For Barker saying insults about Grace.
(b) For Barker refusing to give Sharpe the key.
(c) Barker is coming at him with a knife.
(d) Sharpe was throwing towards a snake that was about to bite Barker.
8. What does Sharpe do with the soldier's horse after killing the soldier?
(a) Rides it into Copenhagen.
(b) Rides around in an erratic circling route.
(c) Kills it.
(d) Takes it upstream several miles and lets it loose.
9. What is Captain Willsen doing at the opening to Chapter 1?
(b) Drinking in a tavern.
(d) Marching his troops.
10. Where does Lavisser lead Willsen?
(a) To his family's mansion.
(b) To the aviary.
(c) Into an alley.
(d) To a pub.
11. What nationality does Sharpe claim to be?
12. What does Sharpe do after throwing the sand?
(a) Kills the snake.
(b) Runs to the dunes.
(c) Flags the ship.
(d) Opens the chest and retrieves his weapons.
13. What does Lavisser tell Sharpe and Barker to do once that have made landfall?
(a) Wait for him.
(b) Guard the chest.
(c) Hide in the dunes.
(d) Get some rest.
14. What do the British fear about what may happen in Denmark?
(a) The French may try to seize the Danish naval fleet.
(b) The Danes may fall to Napoleon's forces.
(c) The Danes may start privateering for the French.
(d) The French may start recruiting Danes.
15. What does Sharpe not mention as one of his future career choices if he leaves the army?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baird say will ensure Sharpe of advancement?
2. Why does Sharpe stay in the wagon as it starts moving?
3. What is approaching the Danish shore?
4. How does Sharpe throw off Hocking's bodyguards in the hallway?
5. Where does Sharpre meet Aksel Bang?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)