|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe give the girl?
(b) A slap.
(c) A slash across the face by accident.
2. Why does Willsen know the name of the young Captain who speaks to him, though they haven't met?
(a) The man is speaking Italian.
(b) The man is speaking Danish.
(c) The man is speaking Russian.
(d) The man is speaking Spanish.
3. Who does Sharpe say he is seeking?
(a) His former girlfriend.
(b) His father.
(c) The Drummer boys.
(d) The crime head of this section of the slums.
4. What does Sharpe ask his childhood friend?
(a) If Sharpe's mother is still alive.
(b) If the man's sister is still around.
(c) If he minds that there will be trouble later.
(d) If Sharpe's brother still lives around there.
5. Who brandishes a knife at Sharpe?
(a) A dog owner.
(b) A childhood friend.
(c) A drunken sailor.
(d) A young woman.
6. Where does Lavisser enter the carriage in which Sharpe and Baird are riding?
(a) Trafalgar Square.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Kingsley Road.
7. Where are Willsen and Lavisser going together in several days?
8. What does Pumphrey give Sharpe?
(a) Clothes suitable for a British noble.
(c) A new pistol.
(d) The name of an emergency contact in Copenhagen.
9. What is Captain Willsen doing at the opening to Chapter 1?
(a) Marching his troops.
(b) Drinking in a tavern.
10. What does Sharpe hope about the murder?
(a) It will start a domino effect.
(b) It will be published in the London times.
(c) No one else gets blamed.
(d) It will free some of the girls who are basically slaves.
11. What does Barker say when Sharpe asks him for the key to the chest?
(a) He throws it out into the ocean.
(b) He refuses to give it to Sharpe.
(c) He opens the chest.
(d) He says he does not have it.
12. What does Sharpe discover when he comes out of hiding?
(a) Lavisser is waiting for Sharpe.
(b) Lavisser is badly wounded on the beach.
(c) There is a draft horse tied to a tree near the water.
(d) The cavalry left one man behind.
13. What happens when Sharpe and Bang pass through the city gates?
(b) The guards search Sharpe carefully but not Bang.
(c) The guards search Bang carefully but not Sharpe.
(d) They are detained for several hours.
14. What does Sharpe find for weapons?
(a) A butcher knife in the kitchen.
(b) A samurai sword.
(d) His folding knife and two of Skovaard's pistols.
15. What does Sharpe do with the soldier's horse after killing the soldier?
(a) Rides around in an erratic circling route.
(b) Rides it into Copenhagen.
(c) Kills it.
(d) Takes it upstream several miles and lets it loose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Willsen surprised to encounter Lavisser?
2. Whose life did Sharpe save that resulted in the commission?
3. Where does Aksel say Skovaard is?
4. What does Sharpe have to do before dressing?
5. Where is Astrid?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)