|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sharpe say he is seeking?
(a) His father.
(b) His former girlfriend.
(c) The Drummer boys.
(d) The crime head of this section of the slums.
2. What does Baird advise Sharpe to do on his next assignment?
(a) Wear civilian clothes.
(b) Take insect netting.
(c) Watch for a traitor.
3. Who is chasing Sharpe after he kills Hocking and one of the bodyguards?
(a) No one.
(b) One bodyguard.
(c) A number of men.
(d) The town guard.
4. Why does Willsen teach?
(a) He has been commanded to do so by his superior officer.
(b) He does not teach; he is in the Army.
(c) He cannot support his family on his army pay alone.
(d) He likes to show young men the correct way to fight with swords.
5. What does Sharpe hope about the murder?
(a) It will free some of the girls who are basically slaves.
(b) It will be published in the London times.
(c) No one else gets blamed.
(d) It will start a domino effect.
6. What does Sharpe hear coming from the house?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) Some people yelling at each other.
(c) A scream.
7. Where does Sharpe go after killing Hocking?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) His superior officer.
(c) A tavern popular with the officers.
(d) His old home.
8. Why does Willsen know the name of the young Captain who speaks to him, though they haven't met?
(a) The man is speaking Danish.
(b) The man is speaking Spanish.
(c) The man is speaking Russian.
(d) The man is speaking Italian.
9. Who is Barker?
(a) Willsen's best friend.
(b) Lavisser's brother.
(c) The man who slashes Willsen's throat.
(d) The man who tries to kill Lavisser.
10. What do Willsen and Lavisser have in common?
(a) They are both from the nobility.
(b) They are both part Dane.
(c) They are both third sons.
(d) They are both part Russian.
11. What does Sharpe discover when he comes out of hiding?
(a) Lavisser is badly wounded on the beach.
(b) There is a draft horse tied to a tree near the water.
(c) The cavalry left one man behind.
(d) Lavisser is waiting for Sharpe.
12. What does Sharpe do with the soldier's horse after killing the soldier?
(a) Rides it into Copenhagen.
(b) Rides around in an erratic circling route.
(c) Takes it upstream several miles and lets it loose.
(d) Kills it.
13. Who is Jem Hocking?
(a) The master of the workhouse.
(b) A ship captain from Denmark.
(c) A high-ranking crime boss.
(d) A ship captain from Germany.
14. Where does Lavisser enter the carriage in which Sharpe and Baird are riding?
(a) Kingsley Road.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Trafalgar Square.
15. What do Lavisser and a woman do as Sharpe comes into the room where they are torturing Skovaard?
(a) Take Astrid as hostage.
(b) Jump out the window.
(c) Charge Sharpe.
(d) Yell for more of their guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baird say that seems to momentarily shock Lavisser?
2. How does Sharpe feel about going up a chimney.
3. What does Sharpe do when Hocking brings him a young girl?
4. What is Sharpe having trouble doing?
5. Where is Astrid?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)