|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe do as he is riding in the hay wagon?
(a) Plotting revenge against Pumphrey.
(b) Making plans to retrieve the gold.
(d) Plotting revenge against Lavisser.
2. Who is Ole Skovaard?
(a) The farmer who treats Sharpe's wounds.
(b) The name on the paper Pumphrey gives Sharpe.
(c) The leader of the Danish cavalry that is hunting Sharpe.
(d) The sailor who gives Sharpe a ride across the harbor.
3. What does Sharpe doubt?
(a) That someone will take over Hocking's business.
(b) That Hocking had very much money.
(c) That anyone will suspect him of the murder of Hocking.
(d) That anyone cares that Hocking is dead.
4. What do Willsen and Lavisser have in common?
(a) They are both from the nobility.
(b) They are both part Dane.
(c) They are both part Russian.
(d) They are both third sons.
5. Why does Willsen teach?
(a) He has been commanded to do so by his superior officer.
(b) He likes to show young men the correct way to fight with swords.
(c) He does not teach; he is in the Army.
(d) He cannot support his family on his army pay alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hocking think Sharpe is?
2. What does Baird advise Sharpe to do on his next assignment?
3. What does Sharpe ask his childhood friend?
4. Why does Lavisser suggest taking the service entrance?
5. What does Sharpe's former friend say about Hocking?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)