|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Baird in a foul mood the next morning?
(b) His wife was mad at him.
(c) The King wants Baird's army to return to India in two weeks.
(d) The Duke of Wellington upbraids him for a protocol error.
2. What shocks Sharpe about where he and Astrid visit?
(a) At how kind and welcoming her grandmother is.
(b) At the variety of good available on the market.
(c) How humane the orphanage is.
(d) At the burn scars on Astrid's aunt's face.
3. Where does Sharpe accompany Astrid?
(a) To an orphanage.
(b) To market.
(c) To her grandmother's home.
(d) To her aunt's home.
4. What happened to Grace?
(a) She is living with Sharpe's mother.
(b) She is killed by one of Sharpe's longtime enemies.
(c) She left Sharpe for another man.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
5. What does Lavisser say that surprises Sharpe?
(a) That Lavisser doesn't want a thug coming along.
(b) A statement about gold.
(c) That Sharpe is no gentleman.
(d) That Sharpe will be lost in Denmark.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what do Bang and Skovaard become increasingly annoyed?
2. What is the Danish Crown Prince preparing to do?
3. For how long does Peyman have to defend Copenhagen?
4. What does Pumphrey give Sharpe?
5. What has Baird heard about Sharpe?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)