|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has decided to take Helene back to the convent?
(a) El Matarife.
2. Who does Sharpe almost encounter as he is walking?
(a) El Matarife.
(b) General Verigny.
3. How will it help the Spanish king if Sharpe gets word to Wellington?
(a) The king will not be blamed for breaking the treaty.
(b) It will harm the Spanish king.
(c) The king will be released.
(d) The king's family will no longer be in danger.
4. What is wrong with Captain Saumier?
(a) He has fits of hysteria probably due to battle stress.
(b) He is injured and ugly.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He can't read.
5. What do the gunners sponge the guns?
(a) To keep their hands cool.
(b) To avoid an explosion.
(c) To make the gunpowder last longer.
(d) To keep the gunners from getting too hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction does Saumier take Helene?
2. What does Helene claim to Sharpe about the letter she wrote?
3. Who is Captain Saumier?
4. Why is Sharpe poor again?
5. To where does Helene want to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe do when el Matarife shows up at the inn? How does that end?
2. What do the British cavalry do at Vitoria and how does Jourdan respond? What does Jourdan think of the French prospects at Vitoria?
3. What do the French do at the end of the battle of Vitoria and what does King Joseph do?
4. What do Sharpe and Harper discover about Helene and what do they do?
5. Of what does Sharpe remind Helene and what does she tell him to say to the French?
6. Where is Sharpe taken in Burgos and what is the place like?
7. What do the British do when they arrive at Vitoria and how do they feel about what they are facing?
8. Where does La Marquesa want Sharpe to take her?
9. What does Hogan learn about the explosion, what does he think and what is the Spanish family doing with him?
10. What does La Marquesa tell Sharpe in Chapter Sixteen about his situation and what does she and Montbrun want Sharpe to do?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)