|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What village does the Fifth Division invade?
(d) Gamarra Mayor.
2. What does General Verigny ask of Sharpe?
(a) His sword.
(b) His signature on the prisoners exchange document.
(c) His advice about La Marquesa.
(d) His parole.
3. What does Helene claim to Sharpe about the letter she wrote?
(a) She had a gun to her head.
(b) She didn't know it would get him in trouble.
(c) She didn't write it.
(d) She wanted him to get arrested.
4. What does Sharpe have Helene do for the problem in question # 89?
(a) Swim in the river.
(b) Take a bath with special soap.
(c) Put ice on her.
(d) Put on different clothes.
5. Why does Ducos hate Sharpe?
(a) Sharpe broke Ducos's spectacles.
(b) Sharpe killed Ducos's son.
(c) Sharpe seduced Ducos's wife.
(d) Sharpe impregnated Ducos's oldest daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helene shoot people around her wagon?
2. Who becomes the commanding officer after Leroy's death?
3. What appalls General Verigny?
4. What do the French forces do in Chapter 24?
5. To where does Helene want to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wellington's plans for the battle at Vitoria?
2. In what shape is Sharpe at the beginning of Chapter Sixteen and what does he think about?
3. About what do Harper and d'Alembord have a bet concerning Sharpe?
4. What happens after Sharpe enters Burgos?
5. Why do Sharpe and La Marquesa stop at an inn and what does Sharpe do about it?
6. What do the British cavalry do at Vitoria and how does Jourdan respond? What does Jourdan think of the French prospects at Vitoria?
7. What happens when Sharpe arrives at the Fifth Division?
8. Of what does Sharpe remind Helene and what does she tell him to say to the French?
9. Who does Sharpe think of when leading the troops and what does he do with the troops?
10. Why does Sharpe call for a bath and what does Helene ask of him?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)