|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do they say Sharpe can travel is he is incapable of riding a horse?
(a) They tell him he has to ride a horse.
(b) In the artillery wagon.
(c) In the food wagon.
(d) In La Marquesa's carriage.
2. Who does Sharpe almost encounter as he is walking?
(b) El Matarife.
(c) General Verigny.
3. About what treaty does La Marquesa tell Sharpe?
(a) Between the King of Belgium and the King of Spain.
(b) Between Napoleon and the Spanish King.
(c) Between Napoleon and the Prince of Orange.
(d) Between Napoleon and the King of Belgium.
4. What do Sharpe and Angel decide to do when Angel finds Sharpe?
(a) Return to Burgos.
(b) Go find Hogan.
(c) Go find Helene.
(d) Go find Wellington.
5. Where does Sharpe stop briefly when coming in after the battle of Vitoria?
(a) Helene's carriage.
(b) In Verginy's tent.
(c) Near the river.
(d) In the British baggage train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What village does the Fifth Division invade?
2. Why does La Marquesa want Sharpe to escape?
3. Who captures Sharpe when he escapes into the city?
4. What does Sharpe decide to do about the parole?
5. How can La Marquesa regain her wealth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Sharpe taken in Burgos and what is the place like?
2. Why do Sharpe and Patrick return to La Marquesa's wagons, what does Sharpe see and what does he do?
3. What happens after Sharpe enters Burgos?
4. What does La Marquesa tell Sharpe in Chapter Sixteen about his situation and what does she and Montbrun want Sharpe to do?
5. Of what does Sharpe remind Helene and what does she tell him to say to the French?
6. What do the French do at the end of the battle of Vitoria and what does King Joseph do?
7. Where does La Marquesa want Sharpe to take her?
8. How does Sharpe escape from Verigny?
9. What do the British do when they arrive at Vitoria and how do they feel about what they are facing?
10. Why does Sharpe call for a bath and what does Helene ask of him?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)