|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sharpe and Harper discover when they get to Helene's position?
(a) She is on her wagon.
(b) She is missing.
(c) She was shot.
(d) She was raped.
2. Why does La Marquesa want Sharpe to escape?
(a) To bring a rescue force.
(b) To warn Wellington about the treaty.
(c) To go rescue her daughter.
(d) So Sharpe is not executed.
3. What is wrong with Captain Saumier?
(a) He has fits of hysteria probably due to battle stress.
(b) He is injured and ugly.
(c) He can't read.
(d) He is blind.
4. What does La Marquesa do when the British overrun her position?
(b) Find Sharpe.
(c) Run with Vierigny.
(d) Try to escape in her wagon.
5. What does La Marquesa admit?
(a) That she has always been in love with Sharpe.
(b) That she killed Ducos the day before.
(c) That Ducos made her sign the letter.
(d) That she killed her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe blame for his current predicament?
2. To where does Helene want to go?
3. What does La Marquesa do when French gunfire begins?
4. What appalls General Verigny?
5. What village does the Fifth Division invade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does La Marquesa do at the start of the battle of Vitoria and who protects her and why was he chosen?
2. What happens when Sharpe arrives at the Fifth Division?
3. Where is Sharpe taken in Burgos and what is the place like?
4. What do the French do at the end of the battle of Vitoria and what does King Joseph do?
5. Why do Sharpe and Patrick return to La Marquesa's wagons, what does Sharpe see and what does he do?
6. What happens after Sharpe enters Burgos?
7. What is Wellington's plans for the battle at Vitoria?
8. Where does La Marquesa want Sharpe to take her?
9. How do the French feel before the battle of Vitoria?
10. What do Sharpe and Harper discover about Helene and what do they do?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)