|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is killed at the barricade?
2. Whose release is Sharpe negotiating with El Matarife?
(a) La Marquesa.
(b) No one.
3. How can La Marquesa regain her wealth?
(a) By Sharpe getting word to Wellington.
(b) By Montbrun being killed.
(c) By Sharpe killing the Duke of Wellington.
(d) By Sharpe killing Ducos.
4. In what castle's dungeon is Sharpe languishing?
5. Where does Sharpe stop briefly when coming in after the battle of Vitoria?
(a) Helene's carriage.
(b) In the British baggage train.
(c) In Verginy's tent.
(d) Near the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does La Marquesa do when the British overrun her position?
2. What does Sharpe boil for Helene's skin?
3. Who is Captain Saumier?
4. Why does Ducos hate Sharpe?
5. Who faints upon seeing Sharpe alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what shape is Sharpe at the beginning of Chapter Sixteen and what does he think about?
2. What does Helene tell Sharpe about the plot against Sharpe and how does he feel about it?
3. What happens after Sharpe enters Burgos?
4. What does Sharpe do when el Matarife shows up at the inn? How does that end?
5. What does La Marquesa do after it is obvious the British have won and what happens to her?
6. What do the British cavalry do at Vitoria and how does Jourdan respond? What does Jourdan think of the French prospects at Vitoria?
7. Why do Sharpe and Patrick return to La Marquesa's wagons, what does Sharpe see and what does he do?
8. Who does Sharpe think of when leading the troops and what does he do with the troops?
9. What happens when Sharpe arrives at the Fifth Division?
10. About what do Harper and d'Alembord have a bet concerning Sharpe?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)