|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an English sergeant jerk on the prisoner's legs?
(a) To keep him from falling.
(b) To straighten out his trousers.
(c) To snap his neck.
(d) To take his shoes.
2. Why is Helene moving her fortune to France?
(a) Her husband is after it.
(b) For safekeeping.
(c) She wants to support Napoleon.
(d) She is a French citizen.
3. In Chapter 3 what does Harper think Sharpe might do that worries Harper?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Get into trouble.
(c) Quit the military.
(d) Get drunk?
4. What does Father Hacha tell the Marques about the outcome of the duel?
(a) That the general won.
(b) That Sharpe surrendered.
(c) That it was a draw.
(d) That Sharpe won.
5. What is Sharpe given before he leaves the prison?
(a) His new name.
(b) His belongings.
(c) A new uniform.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe do against the French in Chapter 1?
2. Who challenges Sharpe to a duel?
3. What does the Mother Superior ask Sharpe to do when he meets her?
4. What nationality does Sharpe pretend to be?
5. Why was Sharpe's execution staged?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe feel about tents, why does he feel that way and what does he and Patrick think they might be able to do about them?
2. How do Sharpe and Angel get past the ambush with La Marquesa?
3. What does Father Hacha think to accomplish with his actions?
4. What event happens concerning the Marque after his discussion with Father Hacha?
5. What sentence does Sharpe receive at the end of his trial and how do the Spanish feel about it?
6. Why does Leroy confront Sharpe and what does he want Sharpe to do?
7. What is d'Alembord doing to help Sharpe with his duel, what has he done in secret and how did Sharpe's last duel end?
8. What does Hogan call Sharpe's situation and how does he describe it?
9. Why is La Marquesa angry in Chapter Eight and what happens in her encounter with Hacha?
10. Why does Sharpe feel guilty in Chapter One?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)