|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the man in question #49 going to be hanged?
(a) For looting a church.
(b) For raping Wellington's wife.
(c) For stealing ammunition.
(d) For shooting an officer.
2. What does Hogan warn Sharpe about with the French?
(a) They are moving west.
(b) They will shoot him for a spy.
(c) Not to get caught by them.
(d) They want to see him dead also.
3. What is the prisoner being hung wear on his legs?
(a) Brown army uniform.
(b) White infantryman trousers.
(c) Black tights.
(d) Green rifle pants.
4. Of what does Ducos accuse Helene?
(a) Spying for the English.
(b) Killing a top Napoleon aide.
(c) Having an affair with his brother.
(d) Stealing the fortune she has.
5. Why did the Marques marry Helene?
(a) She was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dropped the South Essex's arms in the river?
2. Why was Sharpe arrested in Chapter 5?
3. What does Hacha think about the death of the Marques?
4. How old was Angel when his family was killed?
5. Why is Patrick worried about Sharpe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sharpe doing against the French in Chapter One?
2. How did Sharpe survive his death sentence?
3. Why does Sharpe feel guilty in Chapter One?
4. What evidence does Major Vaughn use against Sharpe and what does he say is Sharpe's motivation? How does Sharpe respond to the Major's suppositions?
5. What does Hogan call Sharpe's situation and how does he describe it?
6. Describe what the Spanish see during Sharpe's supposed execution.
7. What does the Mother Superior at the convent ask Sharpe and what does he tell her?
8. Who is La Marquesa and what is her nationality?
9. What is Sharpe observing in Chapter Ten and what does he think about his horse?
10. Why can't Wellington execute Sharpe and what does Hogan tell Sharpe about his mission?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)