|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mother Superior ask Sharpe to do when he meets her?
(a) To leave the convent.
(b) To bring some water.
(c) To cut some firewood.
(d) To wait until the morning.
2. How does Sharpe observe the French army?
(a) Through his telescope.
(b) Through a pair of binoculars.
(c) By wearing a French uniform.
(d) By lying on a hill overlooking the road.
3. Why is Patrick worried about Sharpe?
(a) He thinks Sharpe is depressed.
(b) He thinks Sharpe is suicidal.
(c) He thinks Sharpe is bored.
(d) He thinks Sharpe is angry at him.
4. What kind of information is Angel getting?
(a) About where el Matarife might be.
(b) About the movements of the French army.
(c) About the location of the next tavern.
(d) About the La Marquesa.
5. Topographically, where is the convent located?
(a) On a river bend.
(b) In a city.
(c) At the highest point in a series of hills.
(d) Near the Haceinte forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prisoner being hung wear on his legs?
2. What kind of weapon does Angel carry?
3. Why was Sharpe's execution staged?
4. What will happen to the Marques' fortune?
5. Why was Sharpe arrested in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Patrick worried about Sharpe in Chapter Three?
2. Describe what the Spanish see during Sharpe's supposed execution.
3. What does Father Hacha think to accomplish with his actions?
4. Why is el Matarife at an inn near the Convent of the Heavens and what does he do about Wellington's request?
5. Why is La Marquesa angry in Chapter Eight and what happens in her encounter with Hacha?
6. Why does Leroy confront Sharpe and what does he want Sharpe to do?
7. What does Hogan call Sharpe's situation and how does he describe it?
8. How does Sharpe feel about tents, why does he feel that way and what does he and Patrick think they might be able to do about them?
9. What evidence does Major Vaughn use against Sharpe and what does he say is Sharpe's motivation? How does Sharpe respond to the Major's suppositions?
10. What is d'Alembord doing to help Sharpe with his duel, what has he done in secret and how did Sharpe's last duel end?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)