|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angel want to happen to the French?
(a) Nothing, he doesn't care about the French.
(b) They are cast out of Spain.
(c) They have their country completely destroyed.
(d) They win the war.
2. Why was Sharpe's execution staged?
(a) To get another man hung.
(c) To please Helene.
(d) To set Sharpe up for spying.
3. Where did Sharpe get the telescope he owns?
(a) From the army.
(b) From his father.
(c) From Wellington.
(d) From the Prince of Wales.
4. How old was Angel when his family was killed?
5. What does the Mother Superior ask Sharpe to do when he meets her?
(a) To cut some firewood.
(b) To wait until the morning.
(c) To bring some water.
(d) To leave the convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sharpe placed in Chapter 6 after he is arrested?
2. Why is Sharpe glad his horse has a long tail?
3. What kind of hair does the prisoner being hung have?
4. Who challenges Sharpe to a duel?
5. What nationality does Sharpe pretend to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Patrick worried about Sharpe in Chapter Three?
2. What does Sharpe do when he first arrives at the convent where Helene is being held?
3. What is Sharpe doing against the French in Chapter One?
4. What event happens concerning the Marque after his discussion with Father Hacha?
5. What is the Marques and Father Hacha discussing in Chapter Five? What does the Marques say about his wife?
6. What evidence does Major Vaughn use against Sharpe and what does he say is Sharpe's motivation? How does Sharpe respond to the Major's suppositions?
7. Why can't Wellington execute Sharpe and what does Hogan tell Sharpe about his mission?
8. What does Ducos do to set La Marquesa up to do his bidding?
9. How did Sharpe survive his death sentence?
10. What does Hogan call Sharpe's situation and how does he describe it?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)