|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality does Sharpe pretend to be?
2. What surprises Michael Trumper-Jones about Sharpe's appearance?
(a) He wears no rank.
(b) He is short.
(c) He is so old.
(d) He is so handsome.
3. What does the court deny Sharpe in his request about being hung?
(a) He can commit suicide.
(b) He can have an appeal.
(c) He can be shoot with a firing squad.
(d) He can wear his green jacket.
4. How old was Angel when his family was killed?
5. Why is Patrick worried about Sharpe?
(a) He thinks Sharpe is angry at him.
(b) He thinks Sharpe is suicidal.
(c) He thinks Sharpe is bored.
(d) He thinks Sharpe is depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what name if Sharpe traveling in Chapter 10?
2. How does Sharpe observe the French army?
3. Why can't Sharpe buy anything?
4. What does Father Hacha tell the Marques about the outcome of the duel?
5. How does the prosecutor portray Sharpe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Major Vaughn use against Sharpe and what does he say is Sharpe's motivation? How does Sharpe respond to the Major's suppositions?
2. How do Sharpe and Angel get past the ambush with La Marquesa?
3. What is Sharpe observing in Chapter Ten and what does he think about his horse?
4. What does Sharpe do when he first arrives at the convent where Helene is being held?
5. What is the Marques and Father Hacha discussing in Chapter Five? What does the Marques say about his wife?
6. Why is Angel helping Sharpe and what kind of weapon does he carry?
7. Who is La Marquesa and what is her nationality?
8. Describe what the Spanish see during Sharpe's supposed execution.
9. Why is Patrick worried about Sharpe in Chapter Three?
10. What does Father Hacha think to accomplish with his actions?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)