|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Sharpe arrested in Chapter 5?
(a) For selling the tents.
(b) For selling the mules.
(c) For stealing from the Spainish.
(d) For the murder of Helene's husband.
2. What does Angel want to happen to the French?
(a) Nothing, he doesn't care about the French.
(b) They are cast out of Spain.
(c) They have their country completely destroyed.
(d) They win the war.
3. What does Angel do obsessively with his weapon?
(a) Threaten people with it.
(b) Play with it.
(c) Sleep with it.
(d) Clean it.
4. Why does an English sergeant jerk on the prisoner's legs?
(a) To take his shoes.
(b) To snap his neck.
(c) To keep him from falling.
(d) To straighten out his trousers.
5. What does Hogan warn Sharpe about with the French?
(a) Not to get caught by them.
(b) They are moving west.
(c) They want to see him dead also.
(d) They will shoot him for a spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Leroy confront Sharpe?
2. Who is Sharpe given to help him clear his name?
3. What does Sharpe do as he runs past the Mother Superior deeper into the convent?
4. Who dropped the South Essex's arms in the river?
5. How does Father Hacha feel about Sharpe's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sharpe survive his death sentence?
2. What is d'Alembord doing to help Sharpe with his duel, what has he done in secret and how did Sharpe's last duel end?
3. What is Sharpe doing against the French in Chapter One?
4. Why is La Marquesa angry in Chapter Eight and what happens in her encounter with Hacha?
5. What is Sharpe observing in Chapter Ten and what does he think about his horse?
6. What event happens concerning the Marque after his discussion with Father Hacha?
7. What does Hogan call Sharpe's situation and how does he describe it?
8. Why is Angel helping Sharpe and what kind of weapon does he carry?
9. What is the Marques and Father Hacha discussing in Chapter Five? What does the Marques say about his wife?
10. What sentence does Sharpe receive at the end of his trial and how do the Spanish feel about it?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)