|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puts Sharpe in a bad mood in Chapter 3?
(a) The arrival of a Spanish officer.
(b) Having to ride a mule.
(c) Harper telling him to go get drunk.
(d) His wife's arrival.
2. What does Sharpe do against the French in Chapter 1?
(a) Blows up their supply train.
(b) Sends them in the wrong direction.
(c) Tricks them into an ambush.
(d) Poisons their water supply.
3. What does Leroy want Sharpe to buy?
(a) A horse.
(b) Fodder for the animals.
(c) A tent.
(d) A new uniform.
4. Why doesn't Wellington execute Sharpe?
(a) He knows that he is innocent.
(b) He promised Sharpe's wife.
(c) He doesn't beleive in the death penalty.
(d) He needs Sharpe to fight the French.
5. Why does Sharpe write a letter to Major Hogan?
(a) To inform him of his Wife's death.
(b) To get Harper transferred.
(c) To get him to defend him.
(d) To tell him what actually happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3 what does Harper think Sharpe might do that worries Harper?
2. How does Sharpe threaten the Mother Superior?
3. What does Isabella want from Harper?
4. Who was hanged instead of Sharpe?
5. What is Sharpe given before he leaves the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Patrick worried about Sharpe in Chapter Three?
2. Why is el Matarife at an inn near the Convent of the Heavens and what does he do about Wellington's request?
3. Who is La Marquesa and what is her nationality?
4. Why is Angel worried about Sharpe's plan in Chapter Eleven and what does Sharpe tell him?
5. What does Ducos do to set La Marquesa up to do his bidding?
6. Why does Leroy confront Sharpe and what does he want Sharpe to do?
7. Why is Angel helping Sharpe and what kind of weapon does he carry?
8. Why does Sharpe feel guilty in Chapter One?
9. Why can't Wellington execute Sharpe and what does Hogan tell Sharpe about his mission?
10. What event happens concerning the Marque after his discussion with Father Hacha?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)