|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the commanding officer after Leroy's death?
(a) Major Jones.
2. Why does Helene shoot people around her wagon?
(a) They were going to rape her.
(b) They were going to kidnap her.
(c) They were going to take her back to the convent.
(d) They were trying to steal from her.
3. What does La Marquesa do when the British overrun her position?
(a) Find Sharpe.
(c) Run with Vierigny.
(d) Try to escape in her wagon.
4. Who does Sharpe almost encounter as he is walking?
(a) General Verigny.
(d) El Matarife.
5. To where does Helene want to go?
(a) To England.
(b) To Madrid.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To Burgos.
6. What is the relationship between Hacha and el Matarife?
(d) Uncle and nephew.
7. Where do they say Sharpe can travel is he is incapable of riding a horse?
(a) They tell him he has to ride a horse.
(b) In the artillery wagon.
(c) In La Marquesa's carriage.
(d) In the food wagon.
8. About what treaty does La Marquesa tell Sharpe?
(a) Between the King of Belgium and the King of Spain.
(b) Between Napoleon and the Prince of Orange.
(c) Between Napoleon and the Spanish King.
(d) Between Napoleon and the King of Belgium.
9. What does Sharpe do with the ink bottle?
(a) Throws it out the window.
(b) Hides it in his pack.
(c) Tips it onto the paper.
(d) Puts it away.
10. Why is Ducos happy as he flees?
(a) He thinks Sharpe is dead.
(b) He can see Helene.
(c) His treaty will save France.
(d) He wants the British to win.
11. What does Sharpe do when La Marquesa visits him?
(a) Holds her hostage.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) She is not allowed to visit him.
(d) Makes love with her.
12. In what castle's dungeon is Sharpe languishing?
13. Where do Sharpe and Helene stop?
(a) At a friend of Helene's house.
(b) At a small inn.
(c) In the forest at a hunting lodge.
(d) In a large city at a hostel.
14. Where are the French heading when they leave Burgos?
15. Where does Marshal Jourdan have a victory feast planned?
(a) At the grandest motel in Vitoria.
(b) In Madrid.
(c) In the camp.
(d) He is not so shortsighted as to already plan the victory feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sharpe not like the idea of a prisoner exchange?
2. What does Sharpe see a cavalryman do outside his window?
3. Why does Sharpe leave Burgos?
4. Why does Sharpe remain a guarded prisoner?
5. Who leads the men forward along with Leroy?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)