|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can La Marquesa regain her wealth?
(a) By Sharpe getting word to Wellington.
(b) By Montbrun being killed.
(c) By Sharpe killing the Duke of Wellington.
(d) By Sharpe killing Ducos.
2. What does Sharpe blame for his current predicament?
(a) His stupidity in rescuing La Marquesa.
(b) His stupidity in rescuing Angel.
(c) A betrayal by one of his best friends.
(d) His poor judgment in fighting a duel.
3. What do the British troops do after the battle at Burgos?
(a) Return to Spain.
(b) Return to England.
(c) Dig in fortifications in Burgos.
(d) Pursue the French.
4. What does La Marquesa do when the British overrun her position?
(b) Find Sharpe.
(c) Try to escape in her wagon.
(d) Run with Vierigny.
5. What does Harper believe?
(a) That Richard Sharpe is still alive.
(b) That the French are feinting.
(c) That the British cannot possibly pull off a victory.
(d) That Sharpe is dead.
6. What do Sharpe and Harper discover when they get to Helene's position?
(a) She was raped.
(b) She is missing.
(c) She was shot.
(d) She is on her wagon.
7. Why does Sharpe leave Burgos?
(a) To return to England.
(b) To walk to Vitoria.
(c) To go to Spain.
(d) To find Angel.
8. What does Hogan not believe about Sharpe?
(a) That he deserted his position.
(b) That he killed the Marques.
(c) That he is having an affair with Helene.
(d) That he is dead.
9. Who in Burgos knows Sharpe's true identity?
(b) Father Hacha.
(c) No one.
10. What does La Marquesa do when French gunfire begins?
(a) Breaks down and gets hysterical.
(b) Takes a seat in the spectator stands.
(d) Continues her afternoon nap.
11. What causes El Matarife and the Partisans to run?
(a) The rumor of the British arriving.
(b) Sharpe wounding El Matarife.
(c) An explosion of their gunpowder stores.
(d) French lancers rushing into the village.
12. What does Sharpe wish La Marquesa could do?
(a) Move to England.
(b) See him in battle.
(c) Leave her husband.
(d) Marry him.
13. Why does Helene have to stop for the night?
(a) She is too sad.
(b) She has hurt her foot.
(c) She is too tired.
(d) She is saddlesore.
14. What does the Battalion do when they finally recognize Sharpe?
(a) Refuse to follow him.
(b) Shoot him.
(d) Run screaming from him.
15. Why does Joseph Bonaparte need this victory?
(a) To secure his throne.
(b) To conquer Portugal.
(c) To impress a potential wife.
(d) To get back into the good graces of the Spanish people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What village does the Fifth Division invade?
2. Who faints upon seeing Sharpe alive?
3. What act does Sharpe perform which turns the tide of opinion against him?
4. What does Sharpe boil for Helene's skin?
5. What do Sharpe and Angel decide to do when Angel finds Sharpe?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)