|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does La Marquesa want Sharpe to escape?
(a) To warn Wellington about the treaty.
(b) So Sharpe is not executed.
(c) To bring a rescue force.
(d) To go rescue her daughter.
2. Who shaves Sharpe at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(c) General Verigny.
(d) A young guard.
3. What does Sharpe boil for Helene's skin?
(a) Castor oil.
(c) Aloe vera.
(d) Tree sap.
4. Where does Sharpe stop briefly when coming in after the battle of Vitoria?
(a) In the British baggage train.
(b) Helene's carriage.
(c) Near the river.
(d) In Verginy's tent.
5. What village does the Fifth Division invade?
(b) Gamarra Mayor.
6. Why is Ducos happy as he flees?
(a) He wants the British to win.
(b) He thinks Sharpe is dead.
(c) He can see Helene.
(d) His treaty will save France.
7. What do Sharpe and Harper discover when they get to Helene's position?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She is missing.
(c) She was raped.
(d) She is on her wagon.
8. What does Sharpe decide to do about the cavalryman's actions??
(a) Show him how to clean his rifle properly.
(b) Hit the man over the head.
(c) Not wake him up.
(d) Not sound an alarm.
9. Where do Sharpe and Helene stop?
(a) In the forest at a hunting lodge.
(b) At a friend of Helene's house.
(c) At a small inn.
(d) In a large city at a hostel.
10. What does Hogan not believe about Sharpe?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That he is having an affair with Helene.
(c) That he deserted his position.
(d) That he killed the Marques.
11. Who is killed at the barricade?
12. What does La Marquesa do when French gunfire begins?
(b) Continues her afternoon nap.
(c) Takes a seat in the spectator stands.
(d) Breaks down and gets hysterical.
13. Against what does Sharpe weigh being with Helene?
(a) His duties in opposing Napoleon.
(b) His current wife.
(c) His current love.
(d) His honor.
14. What does Harper believe?
(a) That Sharpe is dead.
(b) That the British cannot possibly pull off a victory.
(c) That the French are feinting.
(d) That Richard Sharpe is still alive.
15. What act does Sharpe perform which turns the tide of opinion against him?
(a) Beating a noble woman.
(b) Breaking into a convent.
(c) Accidentally killing a child.
(d) Killing a man without proving his guilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene claim to Sharpe about the letter she wrote?
2. What does Sharpe decide to do about the parole?
3. What do Sharpe and Angel decide to do when Angel finds Sharpe?
4. What does the Battalion do when they finally recognize Sharpe?
5. Why does Joseph Bonaparte need this victory?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)