|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe boil for Helene's skin?
(a) Tree sap.
(c) Castor oil.
(d) Aloe vera.
2. What does La Marquesa do when the British overrun her position?
(a) Run with Vierigny.
(b) Find Sharpe.
(d) Try to escape in her wagon.
3. What does La Marquesa do when French gunfire begins?
(b) Breaks down and gets hysterical.
(c) Takes a seat in the spectator stands.
(d) Continues her afternoon nap.
4. Who does La Marquesa think she sees at Vitoria?
(c) El Matarife.
5. Of what does Sharpe remind La Marquesa?
(a) That he will not hesitate to kill her if she does not cooperate.
(b) That he is going by the name of Vaughn.
(c) That he once asked her to marry him.
(d) That her husband is held captive.
6. Where are the French heading when they leave Burgos?
7. What does the Battalion do when they finally recognize Sharpe?
(a) Run screaming from him.
(b) Shoot him.
(d) Refuse to follow him.
8. What does Helene claim to Sharpe about the letter she wrote?
(a) She had a gun to her head.
(b) She didn't know it would get him in trouble.
(c) She wanted him to get arrested.
(d) She didn't write it.
9. To what do the British soldiers put on a brave face?
(a) The Duke's entourage.
(b) The Dragoons.
(c) The French guns.
(d) The Spanish sharpshooters.
10. What do the British troops do after the battle at Burgos?
(a) Return to England.
(b) Return to Spain.
(c) Dig in fortifications in Burgos.
(d) Pursue the French.
11. Who does Sharpe almost encounter as he is walking?
(a) General Verigny.
(b) El Matarife.
12. Why does Sharpe not like the idea of a prisoner exchange?
(a) He doesn't want a famous French murderer to be exchanged for him.
(b) He is not going by his real name and will not be known to the Biritsh.
(c) He likes the idea so he can get back to his unit.
(d) He fears his enemies in the British army will pretend they don't know him.
13. What appalls General Verigny?
(a) That Sharpe kills two men.
(b) That Ducos has been too easy on Sharpe.
(c) That Sharpe is not who he first said he was.
(d) The way Sharpe is treated.
14. What act does Sharpe perform which turns the tide of opinion against him?
(a) Beating a noble woman.
(b) Breaking into a convent.
(c) Killing a man without proving his guilt.
(d) Accidentally killing a child.
15. Who kills Saumier?
(d) El Matarife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the men forward along with Leroy?
2. Why do they encourage Sharpe to offer his parole?
3. What is wrong with Captain Saumier?
4. About what does Helene give Sharpe condolences?
5. How can La Marquesa regain her wealth?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)