|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in Burgos knows Sharpe's true identity?
(a) No one.
(c) Father Hacha.
2. What does Sharpe decide to do about the parole?
(a) Sign it as Major Vaughn.
(b) Give it one more day.
(c) Not sign it.
(d) Sign it.
3. Why is Ducos happy as he flees?
(a) He can see Helene.
(b) He wants the British to win.
(c) His treaty will save France.
(d) He thinks Sharpe is dead.
4. What does La Marquesa admit?
(a) That she killed her husband.
(b) That she has always been in love with Sharpe.
(c) That she killed Ducos the day before.
(d) That Ducos made her sign the letter.
5. What does Sharpe have Helene do for the problem in question # 89?
(a) Put on different clothes.
(b) Take a bath with special soap.
(c) Put ice on her.
(d) Swim in the river.
6. What does Harper believe?
(a) That the British cannot possibly pull off a victory.
(b) That Richard Sharpe is still alive.
(c) That Sharpe is dead.
(d) That the French are feinting.
7. What does La Marquesa do when the British overrun her position?
(a) Find Sharpe.
(b) Run with Vierigny.
(d) Try to escape in her wagon.
8. Who does Sharpe almost encounter as he is walking?
(a) General Verigny.
(c) El Matarife.
9. For what are Sharpe and Angel searching?
(a) The Duke of Orange.
(b) The Fifth Division.
(c) General Jourdan.
(d) Angel's wife.
10. Who faints upon seeing Sharpe alive?
(a) Lieutenant Trumper-Jones.
(c) La Marquesa.
11. Who leads the men forward along with Leroy?
(d) No one.
12. Why does Sharpe remain a guarded prisoner?
(a) He will not offer his parole.
(b) He has tried to escape several times and broke his parole.
(c) He has been identified as Richard Sharpe and they fear him.
(d) He wants to spy on the General longer.
13. What act does Sharpe perform which turns the tide of opinion against him?
(a) Killing a man without proving his guilt.
(b) Accidentally killing a child.
(c) Beating a noble woman.
(d) Breaking into a convent.
14. Whose release is Sharpe negotiating with El Matarife?
(a) No one.
(d) La Marquesa.
15. To what do the British soldiers put on a brave face?
(a) The French guns.
(b) The Spanish sharpshooters.
(c) The Dragoons.
(d) The Duke's entourage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What village does the Fifth Division invade?
2. What is wrong with Captain Saumier?
3. Why does Ducos hate Sharpe?
4. Of what does Sharpe remind La Marquesa?
5. What do Sharpe and Harper do at Helene's wagon?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)