|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helene have to stop for the night?
(a) She is too tired.
(b) She is too sad.
(c) She is saddlesore.
(d) She has hurt her foot.
2. How will it help the Spanish king if Sharpe gets word to Wellington?
(a) The king's family will no longer be in danger.
(b) The king will be released.
(c) It will harm the Spanish king.
(d) The king will not be blamed for breaking the treaty.
3. Who captures Sharpe when he escapes into the city?
(a) El Matarife.
(b) A Spanish family.
(c) General Verigny.
(d) The French.
4. What does King Joseph abandon?
(a) His wife.
(b) His warhorse.
(c) His carriage.
(d) His tent.
5. Who in Burgos knows Sharpe's true identity?
(b) Father Hacha.
(c) No one.
6. Why does Helene shoot people around her wagon?
(a) They were going to rape her.
(b) They were going to kidnap her.
(c) They were going to take her back to the convent.
(d) They were trying to steal from her.
7. What does Sharpe have Helene do for the problem in question # 89?
(a) Swim in the river.
(b) Put on different clothes.
(c) Put ice on her.
(d) Take a bath with special soap.
8. What is the relationship between Hacha and el Matarife?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
9. Who kills Saumier?
(a) El Matarife.
10. Why does Ducos hate Sharpe?
(a) Sharpe seduced Ducos's wife.
(b) Sharpe impregnated Ducos's oldest daughter.
(c) Sharpe killed Ducos's son.
(d) Sharpe broke Ducos's spectacles.
11. What is wrong with Captain Saumier?
(a) He can't read.
(b) He has fits of hysteria probably due to battle stress.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is injured and ugly.
12. What causes El Matarife and the Partisans to run?
(a) French lancers rushing into the village.
(b) An explosion of their gunpowder stores.
(c) Sharpe wounding El Matarife.
(d) The rumor of the British arriving.
13. To what do the British soldiers put on a brave face?
(a) The Duke's entourage.
(b) The Spanish sharpshooters.
(c) The Dragoons.
(d) The French guns.
14. What does Harper believe?
(a) That the French are feinting.
(b) That Sharpe is dead.
(c) That Richard Sharpe is still alive.
(d) That the British cannot possibly pull off a victory.
15. What does Sharpe boil for Helene's skin?
(a) Castor oil.
(c) Tree sap.
(d) Aloe vera.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sharpe stop briefly when coming in after the battle of Vitoria?
2. Who leads the Fifth Division?
3. About what does Helene give Sharpe condolences?
4. In what castle's dungeon is Sharpe languishing?
5. Why is Sharpe's name purposefully misspelled on his parole form?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)