|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hogan promise the man in question #49 if he would hang in Sharpe's place?
(a) He would be found not guilty by the army.
(b) His mother would receive payment.
(c) His wife would get his army pension.
(d) His brother would live.
2. What does Sharpe do when they arrive at the convent?
(a) Puts his horse in the stables.
(b) Looks for Ducos.
(c) Knocks and asks to see La Marquesa.
(d) Goes into the chapel.
3. What do Sharpe and Helene stop to retrieve as they leave the convent?
(a) Helene's small pistol.
(b) Helene's jewelry.
(c) Helene's husband's will.
(d) Helene's clothes.
4. To where is the French marching in Chapter 10?
(b) De la Toulaine Geninie.
5. Why does Sharpe want to know why Helene wrote the letter besides the political significance of it?
(a) For personal satisfaction.
(b) To be able to kill Ducos with a clear conscience.
(c) To be able to have Helene arrested.
(d) Out of curiosity.
6. How does Helene's husband feel about her letter to him in Chapter 5?
(a) He finds it humorous.
7. How does Sharpe threaten the Mother Superior?
(a) That his soldiers will overrun the convent.
(b) That he will disrupt the entire convent.
(c) That he will burn them out.
(d) That he will shoot her.
8. What does Angel so in reaction to his family's deaths?
(a) Kill all Spaniards.
(b) Aid the British whenver possible.
(c) Doesn't talk.
(d) Cry at night.
9. What does Isabella want from Harper?
(b) Transportation to England.
(c) A child.
10. Why is Patrick worried about Sharpe?
(a) He thinks Sharpe is angry at him.
(b) He thinks Sharpe is depressed.
(c) He thinks Sharpe is suicidal.
(d) He thinks Sharpe is bored.
11. Who challenges Sharpe to a duel?
(a) A French spy.
(b) The company commander.
(c) A Spanish spy.
(d) A Spanish general.
12. What position does Lt. Colonel Leroy hold in the South Essex Battalion?
(a) Company commander.
(b) Battalions Commander.
(d) Strategic adviser to the battalion commander.
13. What does Ducos want Helene to do?
(a) Take a letter to France.
(b) Accuse Sharpe of ill conduct towards her.
(c) Leave her husband.
(d) Seduce Sharpe.
14. What does Hogan tell Sharpe he has to do?
(a) Kill Ducos.
(b) Return to England.
(c) Go to France.
(d) Find out who is behind the murder.
15. What does Hacha think about the death of the Marques?
(a) He was a Catholic so will go to heaven.
(b) Sharpe had no reason to kill him.
(c) It will save Spain.
(d) He deserved it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sharpe get the telescope he owns?
2. For what did Ducos use Helene in the past?
3. What will happen to Sharpe if he is found guilty?
4. Why can't Sharpe buy anything?
5. Why does Sharpe write a letter to Major Hogan?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)