|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what capacity will Trumper-Jones work at Sharpe's trial?
(a) Defending officer.
(b) Trial recorder.
(d) Prosecuting officer.
2. Why does Wellington have a special connection with Sharpe?
(a) Wellington saved Sharpe's lfie once.
(b) Wellington's sister is married to Sharpe.
(c) Sharpe saved his life once.
(d) Sharpe and Wellington went through college together.
3. What does Sharpe do as he runs past the Mother Superior deeper into the convent?
(a) Shouts for Helene.
(b) Breaks the window over the altar.
(c) Trips on a rug.
(d) Knocks a young nun down.
4. What is the prisoner being hung wear on his legs?
(a) Brown army uniform.
(b) White infantryman trousers.
(c) Black tights.
(d) Green rifle pants.
5. What does Isabella want from Harper?
(b) Transportation to England.
(d) A child.
6. What does the condemned man do when the noose is put around his neck?
(a) Fights the guards.
(c) Falls into the guard.
7. Why can't Sharpe buy anything?
(a) He left his money in England.
(b) His wife won't let him.
(c) He has to have his father's permission.
(d) He is too poor.
8. Of what does Ducos accuse Helene?
(a) Having an affair with his brother.
(b) Spying for the English.
(c) Stealing the fortune she has.
(d) Killing a top Napoleon aide.
9. About what does Leroy confront Sharpe?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) Unpaid debts.
(d) Harper's discipline.
10. Why was Sharpe's execution staged?
(a) To please Helene.
(c) To set Sharpe up for spying.
(d) To get another man hung.
11. How does Helene appear to Sharpe?
(c) Dirty and in drab clothes.
12. To what does Hogan compare the situation with Sharpe?
(a) A discharge of judgment.
(b) A torno.
(c) A matter of fate.
(d) A stupid mistake.
13. What do the Spanish think about Sharpe being sentenced to hanging?
(a) It is right.
(b) It is too good and quick.
(c) They don't have an opinion.
(d) It is wrong, he didn't do it.
14. What does Hogan warn Sharpe about with the French?
(a) They are moving west.
(b) They will shoot him for a spy.
(c) They want to see him dead also.
(d) Not to get caught by them.
15. What do Sharpe and Helene stop to retrieve as they leave the convent?
(a) Helene's small pistol.
(b) Helene's husband's will.
(c) Helene's jewelry.
(d) Helene's clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hogan promise the man in question #49 if he would hang in Sharpe's place?
2. Why does Sharpe want to know why Helene wrote the letter besides the political significance of it?
3. What position does Lt. Colonel Leroy hold in the South Essex Battalion?
4. What does Sharpe do when they arrive at the convent?
5. What is Sharpe given before he leaves the prison?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)