|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hair does the prisoner being hung have?
(a) Short black hair.
(b) Long, black hair.
(c) Short blond hair.
(d) Long brown hair.
2. In what country was Leroy born?
3. What is the prisoner being hung wear on his legs?
(a) Black tights.
(b) White infantryman trousers.
(c) Brown army uniform.
(d) Green rifle pants.
4. What does the condemned man do when the noose is put around his neck?
(a) Fights the guards.
(b) Falls into the guard.
5. Where did Sharpe get the telescope he owns?
(a) From Wellington.
(b) From his father.
(c) From the Prince of Wales.
(d) From the army.
6. What is the result of what Sharpe did to the French in Chapter 1?
(a) Renders them immobile.
(b) Ninety percent of the French die.
(c) He is promoted to general.
(d) He is able to return to England.
7. Why can't the Spanish observers see the prisoner being hung?
(a) It is done inside the church courtyard.
(b) They are too far away.
(c) It is done inside the prison.
(d) It is done at night.
8. How does Sharpe observe the French army?
(a) Through a pair of binoculars.
(b) Through his telescope.
(c) By wearing a French uniform.
(d) By lying on a hill overlooking the road.
9. What does Angel do obsessively with his weapon?
(a) Threaten people with it.
(b) Clean it.
(c) Sleep with it.
(d) Play with it.
10. What does Hogan warn Sharpe about with the French?
(a) They want to see him dead also.
(b) They are moving west.
(c) Not to get caught by them.
(d) They will shoot him for a spy.
11. What nationality is Helene Leroux's husband?
12. What do the Spanish think about Sharpe being sentenced to hanging?
(a) It is wrong, he didn't do it.
(b) It is right.
(c) They don't have an opinion.
(d) It is too good and quick.
13. How does Sharpe threaten the Mother Superior?
(a) That his soldiers will overrun the convent.
(b) That he will shoot her.
(c) That he will disrupt the entire convent.
(d) That he will burn them out.
14. Why is Helene moving her fortune to France?
(a) For safekeeping.
(b) She wants to support Napoleon.
(c) Her husband is after it.
(d) She is a French citizen.
15. Who challenges Sharpe to a duel?
(a) A French spy.
(b) The company commander.
(c) A Spanish general.
(d) A Spanish spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angel so in reaction to his family's deaths?
2. Why does an English sergeant jerk on the prisoner's legs?
3. How does Wellington feel about Sharpe's execution?
4. What does Ducos want Helene to do?
5. How does Helene appear to Sharpe?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)