|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the prosecutor portray Sharpe?
(a) As an immoral man.
(b) As a sociopath.
(c) As a weak man.
(d) As a prideful man bent on revenge.
2. Why does Sharpe want to know why Helene wrote the letter besides the political significance of it?
(a) To be able to have Helene arrested.
(b) For personal satisfaction.
(c) To be able to kill Ducos with a clear conscience.
(d) Out of curiosity.
3. Who is Sharpe given to help him clear his name?
(a) Two intelligence officers.
(b) No one.
(c) A boy named Angel.
(d) A small platoon.
4. What kind of weapon does Angel carry?
(a) A Baker rifle.
(b) A cavalry sword.
(c) A Bowie knife.
(d) A hunting bow.
5. About what does Helene boast to Ducos?
(a) Her relationship with Napoleon.
(b) The amount of her personal assets.
(c) Her friendship with the Spanish queen.
(d) Her abilities in bed.
6. Where is Sharpe placed in Chapter 6 after he is arrested?
(a) He's under house arrest.
(b) A holding room.
(c) The dungeon at the governor's palace.
(d) In the stockade.
7. What does the Mother Superior ask Sharpe to do when he meets her?
(a) To bring some water.
(b) To wait until the morning.
(c) To leave the convent.
(d) To cut some firewood.
8. What does Hacha think will happen to Spain because of the Sharpe incident?
(a) It will be conquered by England.
(b) It will become even more corrupt.
(c) It will become a world power again.
(d) It won't affect Spain at all.
9. Where did Sharpe get the telescope he owns?
(a) From his father.
(b) From Wellington.
(c) From the army.
(d) From the Prince of Wales.
10. Why does Sharpe write a letter to Major Hogan?
(a) To inform him of his Wife's death.
(b) To get Harper transferred.
(c) To tell him what actually happened.
(d) To get him to defend him.
11. What is Sharpe given before he leaves the prison?
(a) A horse.
(b) His belongings.
(c) His new name.
(d) A new uniform.
12. Who dropped the South Essex's arms in the river?
(a) Mr. Cander.
(c) Miles Haven.
(d) Mr. Collip.
13. What does Hogan tell Sharpe he has to do?
(a) Return to England.
(b) Go to France.
(c) Find out who is behind the murder.
(d) Kill Ducos.
14. What kind of hair does the prisoner being hung have?
(a) Short black hair.
(b) Short blond hair.
(c) Long brown hair.
(d) Long, black hair.
15. Topographically, where is the convent located?
(a) Near the Haceinte forest.
(b) At the highest point in a series of hills.
(c) In a city.
(d) On a river bend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helene appear to Sharpe?
2. What does the condemned man do when the noose is put around his neck?
3. In what capacity will Trumper-Jones work at Sharpe's trial?
4. For what did Ducos use Helene in the past?
5. Why is Angel worried about attacking the convent?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)