|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Lt. Colonel Leroy hold in the South Essex Battalion?
(b) Battalions Commander.
(c) Strategic adviser to the battalion commander.
(d) Company commander.
2. Who was hanged instead of Sharpe?
(a) Patrick Dooley.
(b) George Trenton.
(c) John Eddington.
(d) Richard Stamford.
3. What does Hogan tell Sharpe he has to do?
(a) Find out who is behind the murder.
(b) Kill Ducos.
(c) Go to France.
(d) Return to England.
4. What is the result of what Sharpe did to the French in Chapter 1?
(a) Ninety percent of the French die.
(b) He is able to return to England.
(c) Renders them immobile.
(d) He is promoted to general.
5. Why was Sharpe's execution staged?
(b) To please Helene.
(c) To get another man hung.
(d) To set Sharpe up for spying.
6. What nationality is Helene Leroux's husband?
7. What puts Sharpe in a bad mood in Chapter 3?
(a) The arrival of a Spanish officer.
(b) Harper telling him to go get drunk.
(c) Having to ride a mule.
(d) His wife's arrival.
8. Why does Sharpe write a letter to Major Hogan?
(a) To get Harper transferred.
(b) To inform him of his Wife's death.
(c) To get him to defend him.
(d) To tell him what actually happened.
9. What does Hogan warn Sharpe about with the French?
(a) Not to get caught by them.
(b) They are moving west.
(c) They will shoot him for a spy.
(d) They want to see him dead also.
10. What does Sharpe do as he runs past the Mother Superior deeper into the convent?
(a) Shouts for Helene.
(b) Breaks the window over the altar.
(c) Trips on a rug.
(d) Knocks a young nun down.
11. Why can't Sharpe buy anything?
(a) He is too poor.
(b) He has to have his father's permission.
(c) He left his money in England.
(d) His wife won't let him.
12. What does Hacha think about the death of the Marques?
(a) He was a Catholic so will go to heaven.
(b) Sharpe had no reason to kill him.
(c) It will save Spain.
(d) He deserved it.
13. For what did Ducos use Helene in the past?
(a) To help him advance.
(b) As an escort.
(d) To murder English soldiers.
14. What do Sharpe and Helene stop to retrieve as they leave the convent?
(a) Helene's clothes.
(b) Helene's husband's will.
(c) Helene's jewelry.
(d) Helene's small pistol.
15. What does Angel want to happen to the French?
(a) Nothing, he doesn't care about the French.
(b) They win the war.
(c) They have their country completely destroyed.
(d) They are cast out of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen to the Marques' fortune?
2. Who challenges Sharpe to a duel?
3. Why does Harper worry about Sharpe?
4. Why is Helene moving her fortune to France?
5. What is the name of Sharpe's horse?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)