|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty and Chapter Twenty One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes El Matarife and the Partisans to run?
(a) French lancers rushing into the village.
(b) The rumor of the British arriving.
(c) An explosion of their gunpowder stores.
(d) Sharpe wounding El Matarife.
2. How does Ducos feel towards Helene?
(a) He is indifferent to her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is angry at her.
3. Where do Sharpe and Helene stop?
(a) At a small inn.
(b) In the forest at a hunting lodge.
(c) In a large city at a hostel.
(d) At a friend of Helene's house.
4. Why is Helene moving her fortune to France?
(a) She wants to support Napoleon.
(b) She is a French citizen.
(c) For safekeeping.
(d) Her husband is after it.
5. Who dropped the South Essex's arms in the river?
(b) Miles Haven.
(c) Mr. Cander.
(d) Mr. Collip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the man in question #49 going to be hanged?
2. How does Angel get away from El Matarife's man?
3. What do the witnesses against Sharpe say they used to identify him?
4. Where does Marshal Jourdan have a victory feast planned?
5. What will happen to the Marques' fortune?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)