|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven and Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the man in question #49 going to be hanged?
(a) For shooting an officer.
(b) For raping Wellington's wife.
(c) For looting a church.
(d) For stealing ammunition.
2. What do the Spanish think about Sharpe being sentenced to hanging?
(a) It is right.
(b) It is too good and quick.
(c) It is wrong, he didn't do it.
(d) They don't have an opinion.
3. Who is Sharpe given to help him clear his name?
(a) Two intelligence officers.
(b) A boy named Angel.
(c) No one.
(d) A small platoon.
4. What is the name of Sharpe's horse?
5. What do Sharpe and Helene stop to retrieve as they leave the convent?
(a) Helene's jewelry.
(b) Helene's small pistol.
(c) Helene's husband's will.
(d) Helene's clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man do when the noose is put around his neck?
2. Why is Sharpe glad his horse has a long tail?
3. Who dropped the South Essex's arms in the river?
4. What does Angel do obsessively with his weapon?
5. Why does Wellington have a special connection with Sharpe?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)