|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrives at the Sharpe's camp in Chapter 3 that Sharpe believes is unnecessary?
(d) Field artillery.
2. Who was hanged instead of Sharpe?
(a) John Eddington.
(b) Richard Stamford.
(c) George Trenton.
(d) Patrick Dooley.
3. Who dropped the South Essex's arms in the river?
(b) Miles Haven.
(c) Mr. Collip.
(d) Mr. Cander.
4. Why does an English sergeant jerk on the prisoner's legs?
(a) To keep him from falling.
(b) To straighten out his trousers.
(c) To take his shoes.
(d) To snap his neck.
5. What will happen to Sharpe if he is found guilty?
(a) He will hang.
(b) He'll be stripped of his rank.
(c) He'll be transported.
(d) He'll be put in prison for 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hogan promise the man in question #49 if he would hang in Sharpe's place?
2. Why can't Sharpe buy anything?
3. Why was the man in question #49 going to be hanged?
4. What nationality is Helene Leroux's husband?
5. Why does Wellington have a special connection with Sharpe?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)