|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty and Chapter Twenty One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the Spanish observers see the prisoner being hung?
(a) It is done at night.
(b) It is done inside the church courtyard.
(c) They are too far away.
(d) It is done inside the prison.
2. What does Sharpe notice Helene has?
(b) A severe skin rash.
3. About what does Helene give Sharpe condolences?
(a) The loss of his daughter.
(b) The death of his wife.
(c) The death of his father.
(d) His arrest.
4. What does the condemned man do when the noose is put around his neck?
(a) Fights the guards.
(c) Falls into the guard.
5. What act does Sharpe perform which turns the tide of opinion against him?
(a) Breaking into a convent.
(b) Killing a man without proving his guilt.
(c) Accidentally killing a child.
(d) Beating a noble woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Saumier think Wellington will attack?
2. What does La Marquesa do when French gunfire begins?
3. Why does Wellington have a special connection with Sharpe?
4. What is the relationship between Hacha and el Matarife?
5. To what do the British soldiers put on a brave face?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)