Prologue, Chapter One, and Chapter Two
1. What does Sharpe do against the French in Chapter 1?
(a) Sends them in the wrong direction.
(b) Blows up their supply train.
(c) Tricks them into an ambush.
(d) Poisons their water supply.
2. What is the result of what Sharpe did to the French in Chapter 1?
(a) He is able to return to England.
(b) He is promoted to general.
(c) Ninety percent of the French die.
(d) Renders them immobile.
3. Who dropped the South Essex's arms in the river?
(b) Mr. Collip.
(c) Miles Haven.
(d) Mr. Cander.
4. Why does Sharpe feel guilty?
(a) That Harper was killed.
(b) About the death of his wife.
(c) About the death of his daughter.
(d) That his wife lost a leg to artillery.
5. What surprises Michael Trumper-Jones about Sharpe's appearance?
(a) He is short.
(b) He is so old.
(c) He wears no rank.
(d) He is so handsome.
6. What nationality is Helene Leroux's husband?
7. For what did Ducos use Helene in the past?
(a) To help him advance.
(c) As an escort.
(d) To murder English soldiers.
This section contains 4,339 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)