Prologue, Chapter One, and Chapter Two
• This book covers Sharpe's life from February to June of 1813, while on campaign in Spain.
• Sharpe tricks the French into an ambush and wins the battle without causalities.
• Sharpe feels guilt about his wife's death and not raising his daughter.
• Sharpe wears no rank insignia even though he is a major.
• Helene Leroux is French and English and is married to a Spaniard.
• Pierre Ducos uses Helene as a spy and now plots to steal her fortune.
• Ducos intercepts her and accuses her of stealing the property she is taking from Spain to France.
• He says he will give her a letter of safe passage if she will accuse Sharpe of improper behavior towards her.
Chapter Three and Chapter Four
• Tents arrive and Sharpe is upset as he feels they are not needed and are more with which to deal.
• Harper, his...
This section contains 1,688 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)