|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does much of the talk between the French and the British consist?
(a) Talk about Farthingdale's book.
(b) Who will remain at Andrados.
(c) How to withdraw from Andrados peacefully.
(d) Why Dubreton's wife was being held hostage.
2. How did Teresa die?
(a) A piece of flying shrapnel.
(b) A French bullet.
(c) Her horse fell on her.
(d) Hakeswill killed her.
3. What happens when the convent blows up?
(a) Harper is killed.
(b) The French give up and leave.
(c) All the French artillery is destroyed.
(d) The British prepare a counterattack.
4. What does the person from question #170 say to Sharpe?
(a) Praises his command decisions.
(b) Tells him he was reckless.
(c) Gives him a promotion.
(d) Tells him to keep Josefina's identity secret.
5. What does Farthingdale decide to do at the war council?
(a) Dismiss it as unnecessary.
(b) Demand fortify the convent and castle.
(c) Put Sharpe in command.
(d) Have Sharpe arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the French are repulsed from the castle the first time?
2. What do the British leaders attend on Christmas day?
3. What is bandaged on Farthingdale when he comes outside?
4. About how many men does Sharpe have who can fight?
5. How does Sharpe feel when he sees Teresa's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the French do the day after they take the convent? How does Sharpe view his situation?
2. Who is spotted in the village that surprises Sharpe?
3. What does the French agree to and why does Sharpe agree to it?
4. What do the French ask for after the British rocket attack?
5. What is Hakeswill's ultimate fate?
6. What does Sharpe capture first at the castle and how does he do it?
7. What are the first actions Sharpe takes after the war council?
8. What happens to Hakeswill when the French arrive?
9. What do the British leaders do on Christmas?
10. What happens at the convent after the British abandon it?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)