|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farthingdale decide to do at the war council?
(a) Put Sharpe in command.
(b) Have Sharpe arrested.
(c) Dismiss it as unnecessary.
(d) Demand fortify the convent and castle.
2. What does Sharpe do with the newly arrived unit?
(a) Keep them outside the south gate.
(b) Send them to the village.
(c) Conceal them in the convent.
(d) Put them in the castle central yard.
3. What did the British intercept a couple of days before Christmas?
(a) French plans to invade Spain.
(b) Messages stating that Napoleon is seriously injured.
(c) A French force moving to join the one attacking Sharpe.
(d) French plans to attack Andrados.
4. Who escapes that upsets Sharpe?
(c) No one.
5. Who is spotted in the distance after the castle is secured?
(a) French lancers.
(b) French infantry.
(c) British cavalry.
(d) French dragoons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe begin to do after the French are spotted?
2. How do many of Pot-au-Fea's men escape?
3. What was the castle originally?
4. How do the British use the remaining rockets?
5. What is Hakeswill doing during the battles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the British do when they capture the castle and what do some of Pot-au-Fea's men do?
2. What happens to the convent due to Harper's actions?
3. Where do the French concentrate their artillery fire and why? What is the British response?
4. What does the French agree to and why does Sharpe agree to it?
5. What is Hakeswill's ultimate fate?
6. What is the French's response to Sharpe's machinations?
7. Who does Shapre meet from the French forces and how does that meeting go? How do the French feel about the British?
8. What does Farthingdale announce at the council of war?
9. What happens after the French retreat?
10. What do the French ask for after the British rocket attack?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)