|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Lady Farthingdale come to Andrados?
(a) To recover from illness in the mountain air.
(b) For a pilgrimage.
(c) It is her home.
(d) To visit her sister.
2. What does Sharpe do with the convent?
(a) He doesn't do anything with it.
(b) Fortify it for defense.
(c) Decide to leave it.
(d) He spreads gunpowder around it.
3. What was left in the town of Andrados due to a provisioning error?
(a) A room full of French uniforms.
(b) A huge supply of field rations.
(c) A huge amount of black powder.
(d) 2000 rifles.
4. What does Sharpe think as he watches Farthington's preparations?
(a) It is to noisy outside.
(b) Farthingdale should not leave.
(c) There isn't enough food for a Christmas dinner.
(d) Something is terrible amiss.
5. In what direction from the mountain pass is Andrados located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two leaders of the Andrados force attempt to do with Sharpe and his companions?
2. What does Lord Farthingdale do after he assumes command?
3. What happens to the soldiers who accompany Lady Farthingdale?
4. What do the men defending the castle do?
5. What is the name of General Nairn's valet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Sharpe and the three others in the convent shortly after they meet?
2. What happens when Frederickson shows up at the convent?
3. What happens to the British forces as they scramble over the castle walls?
4. What is happening in Andrados at the beginning of the novel and who is doing it?
5. How does Farthingdale act towards Sharpe when he returns without the woman?
6. What do Sharpe and Harper notice about the basement in the convent?
7. Who are the men Sharpe and Harper see first at Andrados and why are they there?
8. What do Pot-au-Feu and Hakeswill suggest to Sharpe and the others and what are they doing while they talk?
9. What does Sharpe urge Farthingdale to do and what does he do? What do the defenders do?
10. What type of combat unit has the Prince Regent sent, why has he sent it and how does Nairn feel about it?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)