|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sharpe go when he arrives at Andrados?
(a) The governor's house.
(b) The convent.
(c) The north gate.
(d) The watchtower.
2. Who leads the company of mixed rifles going with Sharpe?
(a) Captain Johnson.
(b) William Frederickson.
(c) Hewellt Galwind.
(d) Paddy O'Brien.
3. Where do Pot-au-Feu's forces remain?
(a) Out of sight in the hills.
(b) In the village.
(c) In the gatehouse.
(d) Around the convent.
4. With whom is Spain at war during this novel?
5. What does Nairn order Sharpe to do in Chapter 3?
(a) Go home for his brother's funeral.
(b) Go arrest or kill Hakeswill.
(c) Find Hogan.
(d) Go to Andrados and scout the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pot-au-Feu allow for the hostage women?
2. What does Josefina say about Lord Farthingdale and her past?
3. Who does Sharpe recognize Lady Farthingdale to be?
4. Who does Sharpe capture when he first enters Andrados?
5. Why did the Peer choose Frenada as winter headquarters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sharpe and Harper do at the convent while negotiating with the leaders of the men there?
2. Why is Lady Farthingdale at Andrados, who is with her and what happens to them?
3. Before whom is Sharpe summoned in Chapter one, what is that man like and why is he summoned?
4. How does Farthingdale act towards Sharpe when he returns without the woman?
5. What do Sharpe and Harper notice about the basement in the convent?
6. What does Nairn tell Sharpe when he is summoned in Chapter 3?
7. What does Lady Farthingdale do when she sees Sharpe?
8. Who saves Lady Farthingdale and why does he do it?
9. Who are the men Sharpe and Harper see first at Andrados and why are they there?
10. What does Farthingdale do when he is injured and what does Sharpe see after he does it?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)