|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction from the mountain pass is Andrados located?
2. What does Josefina say about Lord Farthingdale and her past?
(a) He doesn't know about it.
(b) He knows about it.
(c) She is planning to tell him.
(d) She doesn't want him to know about it.
3. What kind of wound does Farthingdale receive?
(a) A minor head wound.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A cut on his knee.
(d) A sprained ankle.
4. What does Sharpe urge to Farthingdale?
(b) To attack the castle.
(c) Caution and restraint.
(d) To stay in the proximity of the convent.
5. What was left in the town of Andrados due to a provisioning error?
(a) A huge amount of black powder.
(b) A room full of French uniforms.
(c) 2000 rifles.
(d) A huge supply of field rations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sharpe go when he arrives at Andrados?
2. Who goes to Andrados with Sharpe?
3. What does Lord Farthingdale do after he assumes command?
4. Why did the Peer choose Frenada as winter headquarters?
5. Where has Sharpe seen Lady Farthingdale before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe do with the prisoners and what bothers him the most about the prisoners as far as who he wanted to capture?
2. What is happening in Andrados at the beginning of the novel and who is doing it?
3. What happens when Frederickson shows up at the convent?
4. What does Nairn decide about Andrados and what does Sharpe do?
5. How does Sharpe feel as Farthingdale is getting ready and what do the defenders of the castle do?
6. What does Sharpe urge Farthingdale to do and what does he do? What do the defenders do?
7. What does Sharpe first do when he takes over his new command and to what conclusions does he come?
8. Why is Lady Farthingdale at Andrados, who is with her and what happens to them?
9. What do Sharpe and Harper do at the convent while negotiating with the leaders of the men there?
10. What happens to the British forces as they scramble over the castle walls?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)