|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to arrive after Sharpe and his group have the hostages?
(b) Some of the nuns from the convent.
(c) Some of the townspeople who were hiding.
(d) The men holding the town.
2. Where are the English troops heading in the Prologue?
(a) Towards Portugal.
(b) Towards Madrid.
(c) Towards an invasion of France.
(d) Towards England.
3. What happens as the British forces are scrambling over the castle's outer walls?
(a) A series of mines erupt.
(b) The defenders shoot at the attackers.
(c) Josefina and Dubreton's wife escape.
(d) Sharpe blows up the gunpowder around the wall.
4. What does Farthingdale do when the attacking forces withdraw?
(b) Withdraws back to the convent.
(c) Orders the troops to pursue.
(d) Cautiously encircles the castle.
5. Why has Lady Farthingdale come to Andrados?
(a) To recover from illness in the mountain air.
(b) To visit her sister.
(c) It is her home.
(d) For a pilgrimage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Sharpe decides needs to be done in an assault on Andrados?
2. For what purpose is a hole hacked into a basement wall?
3. Where has Sharpe seen Lady Farthingdale before?
4. What does the rocket battalion have that Sharpe needs?
5. What is Sharpe told is the estimated number of men that Pot-au-Feu has with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before whom is Sharpe summoned in Chapter one, what is that man like and why is he summoned?
2. Why is Lady Farthingdale at Andrados, who is with her and what happens to them?
3. Where and at what time is the Prologue set?
4. What happens to the gold Sharpe brought with him and what kind of reassurance does Pot-au-Feu give? What do the men learn from that reassurance?
5. What does Sharpe and Harper do when they first arrive at Andrados?
6. What does Lord Farthingdale do when he arrives and what puzzles Sharpe about the situation?
7. What type of combat unit has the Prince Regent sent, why has he sent it and how does Nairn feel about it?
8. What happens to Sharpe and the three others in the convent shortly after they meet?
9. How important is Andrados, where it is situated and what types of protections are in place around it?
10. What does Farthingdale do with his troops as Christmas day breaks?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)