|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day after Christmas how do the convent and the castle appear to the French?
(a) On fire.
2. What does Dubreton return to Sharpe after the cease fire?
(c) Sharpe's gold.
(d) Lady Farthingdale.
3. How do the French feel about the British?
4. What does Sharpe give to Dubreton?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) His gold that Pot-au-Fea took.
(c) All the prisoners.
(d) His wife.
5. Who interviews Sharpe back at the British base?
(d) The Regent Prince.
6. What does Farthingdale feel about the French's intentions?
(a) They plan to kill all of them.
(b) They mean no harm.
(c) They aren't interested in Andrados.
(d) They are returning to France.
7. What does Farthingdale do when he comes outside?
(a) Introduces Josefina as his wife.
(b) Sits down for tea.
(c) Introduces himself to Dubreton's wife.
(d) Assumes command.
8. What type of casualties do the French take from their second attack on the castle?
(a) Fifty percent of the French were killed.
(b) Thirty percent.
(c) Very few.
(d) Ten percent.
9. Who wins the fight at the gatehouse?
(a) The British.
(b) The French.
(c) No one.
10. About how many French forces converge on Andrados?
11. What does Farthingdale announce at the war council?
(a) He wants to surrender to the French.
(b) He plans to retreat from Andrados.
(c) He wants to negotiate a withdrawal.
(d) He wants to attack the north flank of the French.
12. What does the French do the day after the convent is destroyed?
(a) They request a truce to remove bodies.
(b) They begin a coordinated attack.
(c) They ask for a parley.
(d) They begin to throw fire bombs onto the castle.
13. Who was Sharpe's mother?
(a) He doesn't know who his mother is.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) The wife of a Lord.
(d) An artist.
14. What was the book about that Farthingdale wrote?
(a) Military strategy.
(b) The political situation in the House of Lords.
(d) Hunting foxes with hounds.
15. What do the French do shortly after Sharpe discovers Teresa's body?
(a) Attack once again.
(b) Come under a flag of truce.
(d) Withdraw to the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frederickson repel at the watch tower?
2. Why have the French admitted defeat?
3. What do the French skirmishers do as the French column advances?
4. What does Sharpe realize about the French?
5. In Chapter 22 what kind of French force advances on the castle?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)