|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farthingdale seem to be oblivious about?
(a) The changing tactical situation.
(b) Who Dubreton might be.
(c) Where Josefina is.
(d) What Sharpe has done.
2. What do the French do after their second attack?
(b) Withdraw to the village.
(c) Smash at the castle walls with their artillery.
(d) Call for a truce to recover wounded.
3. What does Sharpe arrange for on the day after Christmas?
(a) A fake withdrawal.
(b) Sending the rocket arillery back to the base.
(c) A parley with the French.
(d) Dinner for the enlisted soldiers.
4. What does the person from question #170 say to Sharpe?
(a) Tells him to keep Josefina's identity secret.
(b) Gives him a promotion.
(c) Tells him he was reckless.
(d) Praises his command decisions.
5. About how many men does Sharpe have who can fight?
6. What do the French and British forces do from afar?
(a) Shoot at each other.
(b) Appraise each other's strengths.
(c) Exchange insults.
7. What does Farthingdale feel about the French's intentions?
(a) They are returning to France.
(b) They mean no harm.
(c) They plan to kill all of them.
(d) They aren't interested in Andrados.
8. What does Sharpe realize about the French?
(a) They mean to take over Andrados.
(b) They just came for Dubreton's wife.
(c) They mean to invade Spain.
(d) They are friendly for now.
9. How would an artillery unit get to the castle?
(a) Men pushing the cannons.
(b) They would be unable to negotiate the steep road.
(c) On horse drawn wagons.
(d) Drawn by mules.
10. What do Sharpe and Harper do when they see the British attack faltering?
(a) Lead a counter attack.
(b) Call a retreat.
(c) Sneak into the castle through a tunnel.
(d) Shoot Farthingdale.
11. What are the troops spotted doing?
(a) Converging on the convent.
(b) Reconnoitering the far side of the town.
(c) Coming over the mountain pass.
(d) Preparing to attack the castle.
12. Why isn't Frederickson's fire on the advancing column effective?
(a) The French block the bullets with shields.
(b) They don't have enough bullets.
(c) The column is too large.
(d) His riflemen are poor shots.
13. How do the French feel about the British?
14. What is Hakeswill doing during the battles?
(a) Trying to get Sharpe to let him fight.
(b) Planning his escape.
(c) He is not there he has already escaped.
15. What does Sharpe hope to do after the first French attack?
(a) Be able to quietly send troops behind the French.
(b) Delay another attack for at least 48 hours.
(c) Get a message out for reinforcements.
(d) Set up a counter attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dubreton return to Sharpe after the cease fire?
2. What do the French do when they capture the convent?
3. How does the French feel about the British defense of the castle?
4. How do the British use the remaining rockets?
5. What does Farthingdale do with Josefina?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)