|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as the British forces are scrambling over the castle's outer walls?
(a) Sharpe blows up the gunpowder around the wall.
(b) Josefina and Dubreton's wife escape.
(c) A series of mines erupt.
(d) The defenders shoot at the attackers.
2. By what other name besides Josephina is Lady Farthingdale known?
(a) Lady Blythington.
(b) Madame Aphrodite.
(c) Elizabeth Koven.
(d) La Lacosta.
3. What do the two leaders of the Andrados force attempt to do with Sharpe and his companions?
(a) Shock them.
(b) Get intelligence from them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Recruit them.
4. Where does Sharpe go when he arrives at Andrados?
(a) The governor's house.
(b) The north gate.
(c) The convent.
(d) The watchtower.
5. What do Sharpe and Harper look at when surveying the convent?
(a) The beautiful art.
(b) Look at it for tactical defense.
(c) For any tunnel out of the convent.
(d) Where the nuns might be hidden.
6. Why was the troop Sharpe is now commanding sent there by the person in question #20?
(a) It is his pet project.
(b) He promised they would when he was drunk.
(c) He wants them out of the way.
(d) They are being punished by him.
7. What does Pot-au-Feu allow for the hostage women?
(a) Nothing is done.
(b) Lady Farthingdale is brought out.
(c) Dubreton's wife is brought out.
(d) Dubreton is allowed to speak to his wife but can't see her.
8. Why has Lady Farthingdale come to Andrados?
(a) It is her home.
(b) To visit her sister.
(c) For a pilgrimage.
(d) To recover from illness in the mountain air.
9. What does the person from question #14 say first to Sharpe?
(a) He tells him about his family.
(b) He tells him he is due for leave.
(c) He chews him out for an infraction.
(d) He praises his past performances.
10. Who is the head of the army which subdues Andrados?
(a) Phillip de Phillipe.
(b) General Rodriquez.
(c) Charles de la Fetelels.
11. Where do Pot-au-Feu's forces remain?
(a) In the gatehouse.
(b) Around the convent.
(c) Out of sight in the hills.
(d) In the village.
12. What does Nairn decide about Sharpe's information?
(a) It is too little for any kind of judgment.
(b) There is nothing that can be done.
(c) The women must be rescued.
(d) Sharpe was incompetent.
13. What type of terrain does Sharpe have to cross to get to Andrados?
(a) A swampy land.
(b) An open plain.
(c) A mountain pass.
14. What does Farthingdale decide to do on Christmas day?
(a) Have a large Christmas dinner.
(b) Wait for reinforcements.
(c) Leave with the women.
(d) Attack the castle.
15. What nationality is General Nairn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wound does Farthingdale receive?
2. Who finally arrives after Josefina speaks to Sharpe?
3. What type of troop is Sharpe put in command?
4. What does Sharpe receive from the person in question #14?
5. What is the first thing Sharpe decides needs to be done in an assault on Andrados?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)