|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pot-au-Feu allow for the hostage women?
(a) Nothing is done.
(b) Dubreton's wife is brought out.
(c) Lady Farthingdale is brought out.
(d) Dubreton is allowed to speak to his wife but can't see her.
2. What does Lord Farthingdale do after he assumes command?
(a) Argues with Sharpe about tactics.
(b) Gets mildly drunk.
(c) Makes poor decisions.
3. What is Sharpe told is the estimated number of men that Pot-au-Feu has with him?
(a) 400 to 2000.
(b) 150 to 1000.
(c) 700 to 1500.
(d) 1000 to 2000.
4. Of what is the army that captures Andrados in the Prologue comprised?
(a) British rifle regiments.
(b) French dragoons.
(c) An assortment of various nationalities.
(d) Spanish guerrillas.
5. What type of troop is Sharpe put in command?
(a) Rocket artillery.
(b) A rifle company.
(c) The scouts and sharpshooters.
(d) An infantry regiment.
6. What will the rocket battalion be doing while Sharpe is gone?
(b) Practicing their aim.
(c) They are going with him.
(d) Moving closer to the French border.
7. What is the first thing Sharpe decides needs to be done in an assault on Andrados?
(a) Blowing up the magazine.
(b) Taking out the leaders.
(c) A small force to secure the hostages.
(d) Cutting off the water supply.
8. What happens to the soldiers who accompany Lady Farthingdale?
(a) They are murdered.
(c) They desert her.
(d) They are taken prisoner.
9. What was left in the town of Andrados due to a provisioning error?
(a) 2000 rifles.
(b) A huge amount of black powder.
(c) A room full of French uniforms.
(d) A huge supply of field rations.
10. What does Sharpe do with the prisoners from the convent?
(a) Strip them and put them in cells.
(b) Ties them up.
(c) Puts them in the dungeon.
(d) Kills them.
11. What lies on either side of the road that runs out of the pass?
(a) A fortress and sheer cliffs.
(b) A river and a convent.
(c) A fortress and a convent.
(d) Waterfalls and a fortress.
12. Why did the Peer choose Frenada as winter headquarters?
(a) It has plenty of food for the troops.
(b) It is sheltered by the mountains.
(c) Has the best fox hunting in the area.
(d) It is near the French border.
13. What does the Chaplain General ask Nairn to do?
(a) Keep Methodism in check.
(b) Attend masses for the dead.
(c) Allow the Jewish soldiers to rest on Saturday.
(d) Set up services for the Methodist.
14. At what location does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) Near the French border.
(b) In Portugal.
(c) On the other side of the mountain pass from Andrados.
(d) Near Castelo Branco.
15. What does Sharpe think of the situation as he watches the action?
(a) If is all right.
(b) It is a draw.
(c) They will win eventually.
(d) It is desperate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dubreton's wife say to her husband?
2. Who is the head of the army which subdues Andrados?
3. What does Sharpe urge to Farthingdale?
4. What nationality is General Nairn?
5. With whom is Spain at war during this novel?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)