|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pot-au-Feu allow for the hostage women?
(a) Nothing is done.
(b) Dubreton's wife is brought out.
(c) Dubreton is allowed to speak to his wife but can't see her.
(d) Lady Farthingdale is brought out.
2. What does Sharpe do with the prisoners from the convent?
(a) Kills them.
(b) Strip them and put them in cells.
(c) Puts them in the dungeon.
(d) Ties them up.
3. In what direction from the mountain pass is Andrados located?
4. Of what is the army that captures Andrados in the Prologue comprised?
(a) Spanish guerrillas.
(b) French dragoons.
(c) British rifle regiments.
(d) An assortment of various nationalities.
5. What type of troop is Sharpe put in command?
(a) A rifle company.
(b) Rocket artillery.
(c) An infantry regiment.
(d) The scouts and sharpshooters.
6. What does Sharpe and his group do before locating Lady Farthingdale?
(a) Remove Hakeswill.
(b) Attack the guards.
(c) Find Hogan.
(d) Burn the governor's house.
7. What does Farthingdale decide to do when the convent is attacked?
(a) Wait and see what Sharpe does.
(b) Hide in the basement.
(c) Launch a counterattack.
(d) Go out the tunnel in the basement.
8. What does Lord Farthingdale do after he assumes command?
(a) Gets mildly drunk.
(b) Makes poor decisions.
(c) Argues with Sharpe about tactics.
9. For what purpose is a hole hacked into a basement wall?
(a) To let in fresh air.
(b) As a water drain.
(c) As a loophole.
(d) To let in sunlight.
10. What does Josefina say about Lord Farthingdale and her past?
(a) He knows about it.
(b) She doesn't want him to know about it.
(c) He doesn't know about it.
(d) She is planning to tell him.
11. Who does Sharpe recognize Lady Farthingdale to be?
(a) Penelope Handsol.
(c) He doesn't recognize her.
(d) Claudia de le Fleur.
12. Who will assist Sharpe in rescuing the women?
(a) A calvary battalion.
(b) Two sqauds of infantry.
(c) An arillery company.
(d) Spanish partisans.
13. Why was the troop Sharpe is now commanding sent there by the person in question #20?
(a) He wants them out of the way.
(b) They are being punished by him.
(c) He promised they would when he was drunk.
(d) It is his pet project.
14. What lies on either side of the road that runs out of the pass?
(a) A fortress and sheer cliffs.
(b) Waterfalls and a fortress.
(c) A river and a convent.
(d) A fortress and a convent.
15. What does Pot-au-Feu do about the gold Sharpe and Dubreton carry?
(a) He takes it and tells them it is not enough.
(b) He confiscates it.
(c) He doesn't know they have it.
(d) He trades it for allowing them to go free.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does General Nairn use to toast his bread?
2. Where has Sharpe seen Lady Farthingdale before?
3. What does Sharpe do with the convent?
4. What kind of wound does Farthingdale receive?
5. What does Josefina tell Sharpe about Lord Farthingdale and how he feels about her?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)