|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the troop Sharpe is now commanding sent there by the person in question #20?
(a) He wants them out of the way.
(b) It is his pet project.
(c) He promised they would when he was drunk.
(d) They are being punished by him.
2. What does Sharpe discover about Hakeswill after the convent is secured?
(a) He was never there.
(b) He has escaped.
(c) He is in one of the holding cells.
(d) He is dead.
3. At what location does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) In Portugal.
(b) Near Castelo Branco.
(c) On the other side of the mountain pass from Andrados.
(d) Near the French border.
4. What kind of evidence is around the town?
(a) Evidence of theft of British army material.
(b) Evidence of murder, torture and mass rape.
(c) Evidence of starvation and lack of water.
(d) Of destruction of many buildings.
5. What does the Chaplain General ask Nairn to do?
(a) Allow the Jewish soldiers to rest on Saturday.
(b) Keep Methodism in check.
(c) Set up services for the Methodist.
(d) Attend masses for the dead.
6. What does Pot-au-Feu allow for the hostage women?
(a) Lady Farthingdale is brought out.
(b) Dubreton is allowed to speak to his wife but can't see her.
(c) Dubreton's wife is brought out.
(d) Nothing is done.
7. What religion is General Nairn?
8. What does Nairn tell Sharpe at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) That Hogan has been taken capture.
(b) About the capture of Andrados.
(c) That his brother has been killed.
(d) That sergeant Hakeswill is in the area.
9. Where do Pot-au-Feu's forces remain?
(a) In the village.
(b) Out of sight in the hills.
(c) In the gatehouse.
(d) Around the convent.
10. Where does the army that conquered Andrados go when they finish subduing the town?
(a) No where, they settle in for winter.
(b) It doesn't say where they go.
(c) They go to meet up with the Spanish guerrillas.
(d) They go to meet up with other French forces.
11. By what other name besides Josephina is Lady Farthingdale known?
(a) Madame Aphrodite.
(b) Lady Blythington.
(c) La Lacosta.
(d) Elizabeth Koven.
12. Of what is the army that captures Andrados in the Prologue comprised?
(a) British rifle regiments.
(b) An assortment of various nationalities.
(c) Spanish guerrillas.
(d) French dragoons.
13. What does Sharpe notice about the new weapons under his command?
(a) Their expense.
(b) Their potential and limitations.
(c) The way they will be slow to use.
(d) Their usefulness.
14. What does Nairn decide about Sharpe's information?
(a) The women must be rescued.
(b) It is too little for any kind of judgment.
(c) Sharpe was incompetent.
(d) There is nothing that can be done.
15. Who has sent the troop that Sharpe is told to command?
(a) The Prince of Orange.
(b) Viscount Wellington.
(c) King George.
(d) The Prince Regent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dubreton's wife say to her husband?
2. What does Sharpe urge to Farthingdale?
3. What does Sharpe do with the forces he has at his disposal?
4. At what location is the Prologue set?
5. With what is most of the basement in the convent filled?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)