|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of evidence is around the town?
(a) Of destruction of many buildings.
(b) Evidence of murder, torture and mass rape.
(c) Evidence of theft of British army material.
(d) Evidence of starvation and lack of water.
2. With whom is Spain at war during this novel?
3. What does Josefina tell Sharpe about Lord Farthingdale and how he feels about her?
(a) He disdains her.
(b) He is using her.
(c) He is madly in love with her.
(d) He wants to get rid of her.
4. What does Sharpe receive from the person in question #14?
(a) A letter from his wife.
(b) A silver star.
(c) A reprimand.
(d) A promotion.
5. What does Sharpe do with the convent?
(a) He spreads gunpowder around it.
(b) Fortify it for defense.
(c) He doesn't do anything with it.
(d) Decide to leave it.
6. At what location is the Prologue set?
(b) Los Companio.
7. Why doesn't Lord Farthingdale marry Josefina?
(a) He is already married.
(b) She is already married.
(c) He doesn't think of her that way.
(d) She is too far beneath him.
8. What religion is General Nairn?
9. Why does Lord Farthingdale take command of the forces when he arrives?
(a) He hates Sharpe.
(b) He wants his gold back.
(c) He is the ranking person there.
(d) He wants to impress Josefina.
10. Who does Sharpe capture when he first enters Andrados?
(a) Two of the capturing forces.
(b) Two Frenchmen.
(c) Viscount Pierre Duplicios.
11. What does Josefina say about Lord Farthingdale and her past?
(a) She is planning to tell him.
(b) She doesn't want him to know about it.
(c) He knows about it.
(d) He doesn't know about it.
12. What do the men defending the castle do?
(a) Go into the village.
(b) Attack the convent.
(c) Run away.
(d) Surrender to Sharpe.
13. By what other name besides Josephina is Lady Farthingdale known?
(a) La Lacosta.
(b) Madame Aphrodite.
(c) Lady Blythington.
(d) Elizabeth Koven.
14. Where do Pot-au-Feu's forces remain?
(a) Out of sight in the hills.
(b) In the gatehouse.
(c) In the village.
(d) Around the convent.
15. Where does Sharpe go when he arrives at Andrados?
(a) The governor's house.
(b) The convent.
(c) The watchtower.
(d) The north gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has sent the troop that Sharpe is told to command?
2. What does General Nairn use to toast his bread?
3. What does Farthingdale decide to do on Christmas day?
4. What does Dubreton's wife say to her husband?
5. Who is the head of the army which subdues Andrados?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)