|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sharpe go when he arrives at Andrados?
(a) The convent.
(b) The north gate.
(c) The watchtower.
(d) The governor's house.
2. What nationality is General Nairn?
3. Who finally arrives after Josefina speaks to Sharpe?
(a) The rocket battalion.
(c) The rest of the combat troops.
(d) Michael Hogan.
4. What does Nairn decide about Sharpe's information?
(a) Sharpe was incompetent.
(b) The women must be rescued.
(c) It is too little for any kind of judgment.
(d) There is nothing that can be done.
5. What was left in the town of Andrados due to a provisioning error?
(a) A huge amount of black powder.
(b) A huge supply of field rations.
(c) A room full of French uniforms.
(d) 2000 rifles.
6. What religion is General Nairn?
7. What does Sharpe do with the prisoners from the convent?
(a) Strip them and put them in cells.
(b) Kills them.
(c) Ties them up.
(d) Puts them in the dungeon.
8. What does Farthingdale decide to do on Christmas day?
(a) Attack the castle.
(b) Leave with the women.
(c) Wait for reinforcements.
(d) Have a large Christmas dinner.
9. In what direction from the mountain pass is Andrados located?
10. What does Sharpe do with the convent?
(a) He doesn't do anything with it.
(b) He spreads gunpowder around it.
(c) Decide to leave it.
(d) Fortify it for defense.
11. Why does the Colonel keep Lady Farthingdale safe?
(a) He doesn't believe in harming civilians.
(b) She bribes him with money.
(c) So he can have her to himself.
(d) To be used as a hostage.
12. Why was the troop Sharpe is now commanding sent there by the person in question #20?
(a) He wants them out of the way.
(b) He promised they would when he was drunk.
(c) They are being punished by him.
(d) It is his pet project.
13. What does Sharpe think of the situation as he watches the action?
(a) They will win eventually.
(b) It is a draw.
(c) If is all right.
(d) It is desperate.
14. Who does Sharpe capture when he first enters Andrados?
(a) Two Frenchmen.
(b) Two of the capturing forces.
(d) Viscount Pierre Duplicios.
15. What does Sharpe and his group do before locating Lady Farthingdale?
(a) Attack the guards.
(b) Find Hogan.
(c) Burn the governor's house.
(d) Remove Hakeswill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josefina say about Lord Farthingdale and her past?
2. What does Sharpe receive from the person in question #14?
3. At what location is the Prologue set?
4. What begins to arrive after Sharpe and his group have the hostages?
5. Who will assist Sharpe in rescuing the women?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)