|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Pot-au-Feu's forces remain?
(a) Around the convent.
(b) Out of sight in the hills.
(c) In the gatehouse.
(d) In the village.
2. What does Nairn decide about Sharpe's information?
(a) The women must be rescued.
(b) Sharpe was incompetent.
(c) It is too little for any kind of judgment.
(d) There is nothing that can be done.
3. Who does Sharpe capture when he first enters Andrados?
(a) Two of the capturing forces.
(b) Two Frenchmen.
(c) Viscount Pierre Duplicios.
4. What does Sharpe do with the forces he has at his disposal?
(a) Spread them throughout Andrados.
(b) Drill them in rapid reload.
(c) Send some back to the base to get help.
(d) Consolidate them at the convent.
5. What does Farthingdale decide to do when the convent is attacked?
(a) Hide in the basement.
(b) Go out the tunnel in the basement.
(c) Wait and see what Sharpe does.
(d) Launch a counterattack.
6. What is wrong physically with General Nairn at the beginning of the book?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) He has a broken arm.
(c) He has a headache.
(d) He has a cold.
7. Who is Lady Farthingdale in reality?
(a) A Spanish noblewoman.
(b) A French spy.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) The wife of another lord.
8. What does Nairn give Sharpe to take to Andrados?
(a) A map for where Hogan is being held prisoner.
(b) A large amount of gold.
(c) Four horses.
(d) A sharpshooter squad to kill Hakeswill.
9. Who has sent the troop that Sharpe is told to command?
(a) The Prince Regent.
(b) The Prince of Orange.
(c) King George.
(d) Viscount Wellington.
10. Where does Sharpe go when he arrives at Andrados?
(a) The convent.
(b) The governor's house.
(c) The watchtower.
(d) The north gate.
11. What is Sharpe told is the estimated number of men that Pot-au-Feu has with him?
(a) 400 to 2000.
(b) 700 to 1500.
(c) 150 to 1000.
(d) 1000 to 2000.
12. What are the soldiers doing while Sharpe surveys the convent?
(c) Cleaning their weapons.
13. Why did the Peer choose Frenada as winter headquarters?
(a) It is sheltered by the mountains.
(b) Has the best fox hunting in the area.
(c) It has plenty of food for the troops.
(d) It is near the French border.
14. What nationality is General Nairn?
15. What does the army that conquered Andrados do in the town?
(a) Make all the residents leave.
(b) Burn it down.
(c) Sack and loot it.
(d) Kill all the residents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two leaders of the Andrados force attempt to do with Sharpe and his companions?
2. What does General Nairn use to toast his bread?
3. What does Sharpe think of the situation as he watches the action?
4. Why does the Colonel keep Lady Farthingdale safe?
5. What does Sharpe receive from the person in question #14?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)