|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two leaders of the Andrados force doing when they talk to Sharpe?
(a) Torturing Hogan.
(b) Fondling semi-nude women.
(d) Raping young Spanish girls.
2. What does the rocket battalion have that Sharpe needs?
(b) More men.
3. What is the name of General Nairn's valet?
4. At what location is the Prologue set?
(a) Los Companio.
5. What happens to Sharpe and his companions after they pledge to help each other?
(a) They are able to locate Hogan.
(b) They are shot at by unknown men.
(c) They are surrounded by men of Pot-au-Feu's force.
(d) They are able to find Hakeswil.
6. Who is the head of the army which subdues Andrados?
(a) General Rodriquez.
(c) Phillip de Phillipe.
(d) Charles de la Fetelels.
7. In what direction from the mountain pass is Andrados located?
8. Where does Sharpe go when he arrives at Andrados?
(a) The governor's house.
(b) The watchtower.
(c) The north gate.
(d) The convent.
9. What does Sharpe think as he watches Farthington's preparations?
(a) There isn't enough food for a Christmas dinner.
(b) It is to noisy outside.
(c) Something is terrible amiss.
(d) Farthingdale should not leave.
10. What does Sharpe discover about Hakeswill after the convent is secured?
(a) He was never there.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He has escaped.
(d) He is in one of the holding cells.
11. What does Pot-au-Feu do about the gold Sharpe and Dubreton carry?
(a) He doesn't know they have it.
(b) He confiscates it.
(c) He takes it and tells them it is not enough.
(d) He trades it for allowing them to go free.
12. For what purpose is a hole hacked into a basement wall?
(a) To let in sunlight.
(b) To let in fresh air.
(c) As a water drain.
(d) As a loophole.
13. What does Pot-au-Feu allow for the hostage women?
(a) Dubreton is allowed to speak to his wife but can't see her.
(b) Nothing is done.
(c) Lady Farthingdale is brought out.
(d) Dubreton's wife is brought out.
14. What is Sharpe supposed to do with the troops to which he has been assigned?
(a) Keep them from killing the British.
(b) Drill, parade and train them.
(c) Take them to the French border.
(d) Learn how to use their weapons.
15. What does Sharpe see in the convent?
(a) Dead women.
(b) Drunk men.
(c) Debauchery and abuse of prisoners.
(d) Sleeping men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is General Nairn?
2. What day is it when Sharpe has secured the convent?
3. How does Farthingdale feel about Sharpe's inability to bring back Lady Farthingdale?
4. What does Sharpe and his group do before locating Lady Farthingdale?
5. What does the army that conquered Andrados do in the town?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)