|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the company of mixed rifles going with Sharpe?
(a) William Frederickson.
(b) Hewellt Galwind.
(c) Captain Johnson.
(d) Paddy O'Brien.
2. What does Sharpe think as he watches Farthington's preparations?
(a) It is to noisy outside.
(b) There isn't enough food for a Christmas dinner.
(c) Farthingdale should not leave.
(d) Something is terrible amiss.
3. How do the defenders of the castle appear to Sharpe?
4. Where are the English troops heading in the Prologue?
(a) Towards an invasion of France.
(b) Towards Madrid.
(c) Towards England.
(d) Towards Portugal.
5. What are the two leaders of the Andrados force doing when they talk to Sharpe?
(a) Raping young Spanish girls.
(c) Torturing Hogan.
(d) Fondling semi-nude women.
6. Why does Lord Farthingdale take command of the forces when he arrives?
(a) He wants to impress Josefina.
(b) He wants his gold back.
(c) He is the ranking person there.
(d) He hates Sharpe.
7. What religion is General Nairn?
8. What happens to Sharpe and his companions after they pledge to help each other?
(a) They are able to find Hakeswil.
(b) They are shot at by unknown men.
(c) They are surrounded by men of Pot-au-Feu's force.
(d) They are able to locate Hogan.
9. What are the soldiers doing while Sharpe surveys the convent?
(c) Cleaning their weapons.
10. What do Sharpe and Harper look at when surveying the convent?
(a) Look at it for tactical defense.
(b) Where the nuns might be hidden.
(c) The beautiful art.
(d) For any tunnel out of the convent.
11. What is being done to a woman with a hot iron?
(a) She is having her fingers burned.
(b) She is being branded on her breasts.
(c) A long scar is put on her face.
12. What nationality is General Nairn?
13. What does Lord Farthingdale do after he assumes command?
(a) Gets mildly drunk.
(b) Makes poor decisions.
(c) Argues with Sharpe about tactics.
14. With what is most of the basement in the convent filled?
(c) Human bones.
(d) Old furniture.
15. What does Sharpe do with the convent?
(a) Fortify it for defense.
(b) Decide to leave it.
(c) He doesn't do anything with it.
(d) He spreads gunpowder around it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farthingdale decide to do when the convent is attacked?
2. How does Farthingdale feel about Sharpe's inability to bring back Lady Farthingdale?
3. Why doesn't Lord Farthingdale marry Josefina?
4. What does Farthingdale decide to do on Christmas day?
5. Why was the troop Sharpe is now commanding sent there by the person in question #20?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)