|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Sharpe decides needs to be done in an assault on Andrados?
(a) Cutting off the water supply.
(b) A small force to secure the hostages.
(c) Taking out the leaders.
(d) Blowing up the magazine.
2. Why was the troop Sharpe is now commanding sent there by the person in question #20?
(a) He promised they would when he was drunk.
(b) They are being punished by him.
(c) He wants them out of the way.
(d) It is his pet project.
3. Of what is the army that captures Andrados in the Prologue comprised?
(a) An assortment of various nationalities.
(b) French dragoons.
(c) British rifle regiments.
(d) Spanish guerrillas.
4. What does Lord Farthingdale do after he assumes command?
(b) Makes poor decisions.
(c) Argues with Sharpe about tactics.
(d) Gets mildly drunk.
5. What religion is General Nairn?
6. What does Sharpe urge to Farthingdale?
(a) To attack the castle.
(b) To stay in the proximity of the convent.
(d) Caution and restraint.
7. What happens to the soldiers who accompany Lady Farthingdale?
(b) They desert her.
(c) They are taken prisoner.
(d) They are murdered.
8. What does Sharpe do with the forces he has at his disposal?
(a) Consolidate them at the convent.
(b) Send some back to the base to get help.
(c) Drill them in rapid reload.
(d) Spread them throughout Andrados.
9. Where does Sharpe go when he arrives at Andrados?
(a) The north gate.
(b) The governor's house.
(c) The convent.
(d) The watchtower.
10. What was left in the town of Andrados due to a provisioning error?
(a) A huge amount of black powder.
(b) A room full of French uniforms.
(c) A huge supply of field rations.
(d) 2000 rifles.
11. What does the person from question #14 say first to Sharpe?
(a) He praises his past performances.
(b) He chews him out for an infraction.
(c) He tells him about his family.
(d) He tells him he is due for leave.
12. What does Farthingdale decide to do on Christmas day?
(a) Attack the castle.
(b) Wait for reinforcements.
(c) Leave with the women.
(d) Have a large Christmas dinner.
13. What kind of wound does Farthingdale receive?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A sprained ankle.
(c) A minor head wound.
(d) A cut on his knee.
14. What kind of weapon does Sharpe find in the basement?
(a) A cannon.
(b) A Turner rifle.
(c) A mine.
15. For what purpose is a hole hacked into a basement wall?
(a) To let in fresh air.
(b) To let in sunlight.
(c) As a loophole.
(d) As a water drain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farthingdale do when the attacking forces withdraw?
2. Who is Lady Farthingdale in reality?
3. What is Sharpe told is the estimated number of men that Pot-au-Feu has with him?
4. By what other name besides Josephina is Lady Farthingdale known?
5. Where are the English troops heading in the Prologue?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)