|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has sent the troop that Sharpe is told to command?
(a) King George.
(b) Viscount Wellington.
(c) The Prince Regent.
(d) The Prince of Orange.
2. What does the Chaplain General ask Nairn to do?
(a) Set up services for the Methodist.
(b) Allow the Jewish soldiers to rest on Saturday.
(c) Attend masses for the dead.
(d) Keep Methodism in check.
3. What day is it when Sharpe has secured the convent?
(a) New Year's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
4. Why was the troop Sharpe is now commanding sent there by the person in question #20?
(a) It is his pet project.
(b) He promised they would when he was drunk.
(c) He wants them out of the way.
(d) They are being punished by him.
5. What begins to arrive after Sharpe and his group have the hostages?
(a) Some of the nuns from the convent.
(b) Some of the townspeople who were hiding.
(d) The men holding the town.
6. What type of terrain does Sharpe have to cross to get to Andrados?
(b) A mountain pass.
(c) An open plain.
(d) A swampy land.
7. What does Lord Farthingdale do after he assumes command?
(a) Argues with Sharpe about tactics.
(b) Gets mildly drunk.
(c) Makes poor decisions.
8. At what location is the Prologue set?
(c) Los Companio.
9. Who goes to Andrados with Sharpe?
(a) Lord Farthingdale.
(c) Harry Price.
(d) Teresa Morgan.
10. What does Sharpe see in the convent?
(a) Debauchery and abuse of prisoners.
(b) Dead women.
(c) Sleeping men.
(d) Drunk men.
11. What does Frederickson bring with him when he advances on the convent?
(a) Two squads of cavalry.
(c) The rocket battalion.
(d) Most of the fighting men.
12. What does Sharpe urge to Farthingdale?
(b) To stay in the proximity of the convent.
(c) Caution and restraint.
(d) To attack the castle.
13. What will the rocket battalion be doing while Sharpe is gone?
(b) Practicing their aim.
(c) They are going with him.
(d) Moving closer to the French border.
14. Why doesn't Lord Farthingdale marry Josefina?
(a) She is already married.
(b) She is too far beneath him.
(c) He doesn't think of her that way.
(d) He is already married.
15. What does Nairn give Sharpe to take to Andrados?
(a) A map for where Hogan is being held prisoner.
(b) Four horses.
(c) A large amount of gold.
(d) A sharpshooter squad to kill Hakeswill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wound does Farthingdale receive?
2. What happens to the soldiers who accompany Lady Farthingdale?
3. What does Farthingdale decide to do when the convent is attacked?
4. Who is the head of the army which subdues Andrados?
5. What happens as the British forces are scrambling over the castle's outer walls?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)