|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purpose is a hole hacked into a basement wall?
(a) To let in sunlight.
(b) To let in fresh air.
(c) As a water drain.
(d) As a loophole.
2. With what is most of the basement in the convent filled?
(c) Human bones.
(d) Old furniture.
3. Where has Sharpe seen Lady Farthingdale before?
(a) In London.
(b) In Madrid.
(c) In Ireland.
(d) In Lisbon.
4. What happens to Sharpe and his companions after they pledge to help each other?
(a) They are shot at by unknown men.
(b) They are able to locate Hogan.
(c) They are surrounded by men of Pot-au-Feu's force.
(d) They are able to find Hakeswil.
5. What kind of weapon does Sharpe find in the basement?
(b) A mine.
(c) A Turner rifle.
(d) A cannon.
6. What does Nairn give Sharpe to take to Andrados?
(a) A large amount of gold.
(b) A sharpshooter squad to kill Hakeswill.
(c) Four horses.
(d) A map for where Hogan is being held prisoner.
7. What are the soldiers doing while Sharpe surveys the convent?
(b) Cleaning their weapons.
8. Why doesn't Lord Farthingdale marry Josefina?
(a) She is already married.
(b) He doesn't think of her that way.
(c) She is too far beneath him.
(d) He is already married.
9. Why does Lord Farthingdale take command of the forces when he arrives?
(a) He wants his gold back.
(b) He hates Sharpe.
(c) He is the ranking person there.
(d) He wants to impress Josefina.
10. What was left in the town of Andrados due to a provisioning error?
(a) A huge supply of field rations.
(b) 2000 rifles.
(c) A huge amount of black powder.
(d) A room full of French uniforms.
11. What does Sharpe see in the convent?
(a) Sleeping men.
(b) Drunk men.
(c) Debauchery and abuse of prisoners.
(d) Dead women.
12. What does Sharpe receive from the person in question #14?
(a) A reprimand.
(b) A letter from his wife.
(c) A silver star.
(d) A promotion.
13. What does Sharpe notice as he is in the convent?
(a) The fact that there are no nuns to be seen.
(b) Its structure and tactical points.
(c) That it is barely standing.
(d) The lack of religious artifacts.
14. What happens to the soldiers who accompany Lady Farthingdale?
(a) They are murdered.
(c) They desert her.
(d) They are taken prisoner.
15. Where are the English troops heading in the Prologue?
(a) Towards an invasion of France.
(b) Towards Madrid.
(c) Towards England.
(d) Towards Portugal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharpe recognize Lady Farthingdale to be?
2. What does Josefina tell Sharpe about Lord Farthingdale and how he feels about her?
3. What does the rocket battalion have that Sharpe needs?
4. What does General Nairn use to toast his bread?
5. What does Frederickson bring with him when he advances on the convent?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)