|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sharpe supposed to do with the troops to which he has been assigned?
(a) Learn how to use their weapons.
(b) Drill, parade and train them.
(c) Take them to the French border.
(d) Keep them from killing the British.
2. What does Sharpe see in the convent?
(a) Debauchery and abuse of prisoners.
(b) Sleeping men.
(c) Dead women.
(d) Drunk men.
3. Who has sent the troop that Sharpe is told to command?
(a) King George.
(b) The Prince of Orange.
(c) Viscount Wellington.
(d) The Prince Regent.
4. What does the Chaplain General ask Nairn to do?
(a) Allow the Jewish soldiers to rest on Saturday.
(b) Keep Methodism in check.
(c) Set up services for the Methodist.
(d) Attend masses for the dead.
5. What does Sharpe do with the prisoners from the convent?
(a) Ties them up.
(b) Kills them.
(c) Strip them and put them in cells.
(d) Puts them in the dungeon.
6. What nationality is General Nairn?
7. What kind of wound does Farthingdale receive?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A minor head wound.
(c) A sprained ankle.
(d) A cut on his knee.
8. What does Sharpe think as he watches Farthington's preparations?
(a) It is to noisy outside.
(b) Farthingdale should not leave.
(c) Something is terrible amiss.
(d) There isn't enough food for a Christmas dinner.
9. What are the soldiers doing while Sharpe surveys the convent?
(b) Cleaning their weapons.
10. What kind of evidence is around the town?
(a) Evidence of theft of British army material.
(b) Evidence of murder, torture and mass rape.
(c) Evidence of starvation and lack of water.
(d) Of destruction of many buildings.
11. What happens as the British forces are scrambling over the castle's outer walls?
(a) Josefina and Dubreton's wife escape.
(b) A series of mines erupt.
(c) Sharpe blows up the gunpowder around the wall.
(d) The defenders shoot at the attackers.
12. What day is it when Sharpe has secured the convent?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
13. What does Farthingdale do when the attacking forces withdraw?
(b) Withdraws back to the convent.
(c) Cautiously encircles the castle.
(d) Orders the troops to pursue.
14. What does Sharpe notice about the new weapons under his command?
(a) The way they will be slow to use.
(b) Their potential and limitations.
(c) Their usefulness.
(d) Their expense.
15. What does Frederickson bring with him when he advances on the convent?
(b) Two squads of cavalry.
(c) Most of the fighting men.
(d) The rocket battalion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Captain Sharpe in Chapter 1?
2. In what direction from the mountain pass is Andrados located?
3. What does Sharpe notice as he is in the convent?
4. What does Sharpe think of the situation as he watches the action?
5. How do the defenders of the castle appear to Sharpe?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)