|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two leaders of the Andrados force attempt to do with Sharpe and his companions?
(a) Get intelligence from them.
(b) Recruit them.
(c) Shock them.
(d) Kill them.
2. What kind of weapon does Sharpe find in the basement?
(a) A cannon.
(b) A mine.
(c) A Turner rifle.
3. Why has Lady Farthingdale come to Andrados?
(a) For a pilgrimage.
(b) It is her home.
(c) To visit her sister.
(d) To recover from illness in the mountain air.
4. What does Dubreton's wife say to her husband?
(a) Tells him she loves him.
(b) Quotes poetry.
(c) Nothing she is not allowed to speak.
(d) Tells him she is being raped.
5. Who is Lady Farthingdale in reality?
(a) A Spanish noblewoman.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) The wife of another lord.
(d) A French spy.
6. What is Sharpe supposed to do with the troops to which he has been assigned?
(a) Keep them from killing the British.
(b) Take them to the French border.
(c) Learn how to use their weapons.
(d) Drill, parade and train them.
7. What is Sharpe told is the estimated number of men that Pot-au-Feu has with him?
(a) 150 to 1000.
(b) 1000 to 2000.
(c) 400 to 2000.
(d) 700 to 1500.
8. Who goes to Andrados with Sharpe?
(a) Lord Farthingdale.
(b) Harry Price.
(c) Teresa Morgan.
9. Where do Pot-au-Feu's forces remain?
(a) Around the convent.
(b) In the village.
(c) Out of sight in the hills.
(d) In the gatehouse.
10. What type of terrain does Sharpe have to cross to get to Andrados?
(b) A mountain pass.
(c) A swampy land.
(d) An open plain.
11. What is the first thing Sharpe decides needs to be done in an assault on Andrados?
(a) Taking out the leaders.
(b) Cutting off the water supply.
(c) A small force to secure the hostages.
(d) Blowing up the magazine.
12. What does Josefina say about Lord Farthingdale and her past?
(a) She doesn't want him to know about it.
(b) He doesn't know about it.
(c) He knows about it.
(d) She is planning to tell him.
13. By what other name besides Josephina is Lady Farthingdale known?
(a) Lady Blythington.
(b) Elizabeth Koven.
(c) Madame Aphrodite.
(d) La Lacosta.
14. Where are the English troops heading in the Prologue?
(a) Towards Portugal.
(b) Towards Madrid.
(c) Towards England.
(d) Towards an invasion of France.
15. What does Sharpe receive from the person in question #14?
(a) A reprimand.
(b) A letter from his wife.
(c) A promotion.
(d) A silver star.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe see in the convent?
2. Who summons Captain Sharpe in Chapter 1?
3. What does Sharpe notice as he is in the convent?
4. What begins to arrive after Sharpe and his group have the hostages?
5. How do the defenders of the castle appear to Sharpe?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)