|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the English troops heading in the Prologue?
(a) Towards an invasion of France.
(b) Towards Madrid.
(c) Towards England.
(d) Towards Portugal.
2. What does the Chaplain General ask Nairn to do?
(a) Attend masses for the dead.
(b) Keep Methodism in check.
(c) Allow the Jewish soldiers to rest on Saturday.
(d) Set up services for the Methodist.
3. What is the name of General Nairn's valet?
4. What kind of evidence is around the town?
(a) Evidence of starvation and lack of water.
(b) Of destruction of many buildings.
(c) Evidence of murder, torture and mass rape.
(d) Evidence of theft of British army material.
5. What is wrong physically with General Nairn at the beginning of the book?
(a) He has a headache.
(b) He has a cold.
(c) He has a broken arm.
(d) He has the flu.
6. What does Nairn tell Sharpe at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) That his brother has been killed.
(b) That Hogan has been taken capture.
(c) That sergeant Hakeswill is in the area.
(d) About the capture of Andrados.
7. What lies on either side of the road that runs out of the pass?
(a) A fortress and sheer cliffs.
(b) Waterfalls and a fortress.
(c) A river and a convent.
(d) A fortress and a convent.
8. Why has Lady Farthingdale come to Andrados?
(a) For a pilgrimage.
(b) It is her home.
(c) To recover from illness in the mountain air.
(d) To visit her sister.
9. Why is Colonel Dubreton at Andrados?
(a) To capture Hogan.
(b) To kill Hakeswill.
(c) To ransom his wife.
(d) To kill Pot-au-Feu.
10. Where has Sharpe seen Lady Farthingdale before?
(a) In Lisbon.
(b) In Ireland.
(c) In Madrid.
(d) In London.
11. Where does Sharpe go at the beginning of Chapter 1 to get out of the cold?
(a) The church.
(b) Officers mess.
(c) Enlisted mess.
(d) Headquarters mess.
12. What does Josefina say about Lord Farthingdale and her past?
(a) She is planning to tell him.
(b) She doesn't want him to know about it.
(c) He knows about it.
(d) He doesn't know about it.
13. Who does Sharpe capture when he first enters Andrados?
(a) Viscount Pierre Duplicios.
(b) Two Frenchmen.
(c) Two of the capturing forces.
14. What does Lord Farthingdale do after he assumes command?
(a) Makes poor decisions.
(b) Argues with Sharpe about tactics.
(c) Gets mildly drunk.
15. By what other name besides Josephina is Lady Farthingdale known?
(a) La Lacosta.
(b) Lady Blythington.
(c) Elizabeth Koven.
(d) Madame Aphrodite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe and his group do before locating Lady Farthingdale?
2. What is Sharpe supposed to do with the troops to which he has been assigned?
3. What does Farthingdale do when the attacking forces withdraw?
4. What happens to the soldiers who accompany Lady Farthingdale?
5. What does Sharpe do with the convent?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)