|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of terrain does Sharpe have to cross to get to Andrados?
(b) A mountain pass.
(c) A swampy land.
(d) An open plain.
2. What does Farthingdale decide to do when the convent is attacked?
(a) Go out the tunnel in the basement.
(b) Wait and see what Sharpe does.
(c) Hide in the basement.
(d) Launch a counterattack.
3. Where do Pot-au-Feu's forces remain?
(a) In the gatehouse.
(b) Out of sight in the hills.
(c) In the village.
(d) Around the convent.
4. What kind of wound does Farthingdale receive?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A minor head wound.
(d) A cut on his knee.
5. How do the defenders of the castle appear to Sharpe?
6. What do the men defending the castle do?
(a) Surrender to Sharpe.
(b) Run away.
(c) Go into the village.
(d) Attack the convent.
7. At what location does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) Near Castelo Branco.
(b) In Portugal.
(c) Near the French border.
(d) On the other side of the mountain pass from Andrados.
8. What kind of weapon does Sharpe find in the basement?
(b) A cannon.
(c) A Turner rifle.
(d) A mine.
9. Who leads the company of mixed rifles going with Sharpe?
(a) Paddy O'Brien.
(b) Hewellt Galwind.
(c) Captain Johnson.
(d) William Frederickson.
10. For what purpose is a hole hacked into a basement wall?
(a) As a water drain.
(b) To let in sunlight.
(c) To let in fresh air.
(d) As a loophole.
11. What are the soldiers doing while Sharpe surveys the convent?
(a) Cleaning their weapons.
12. What does Josefina tell Sharpe about Lord Farthingdale and how he feels about her?
(a) He disdains her.
(b) He is using her.
(c) He wants to get rid of her.
(d) He is madly in love with her.
13. Why is Colonel Dubreton at Andrados?
(a) To ransom his wife.
(b) To kill Pot-au-Feu.
(c) To capture Hogan.
(d) To kill Hakeswill.
14. Why does the Colonel keep Lady Farthingdale safe?
(a) So he can have her to himself.
(b) To be used as a hostage.
(c) She bribes him with money.
(d) He doesn't believe in harming civilians.
15. Who finally arrives after Josefina speaks to Sharpe?
(a) Michael Hogan.
(b) The rocket battalion.
(c) The rest of the combat troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong physically with General Nairn at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Sharpe do with the forces he has at his disposal?
3. What begins to arrive after Sharpe and his group have the hostages?
4. What does the person from question #14 say first to Sharpe?
5. What nationality is General Nairn?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)