|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farthingdale decide to do when the convent is attacked?
(a) Wait and see what Sharpe does.
(b) Go out the tunnel in the basement.
(c) Launch a counterattack.
(d) Hide in the basement.
2. Why doesn't Lord Farthingdale marry Josefina?
(a) He is already married.
(b) She is already married.
(c) He doesn't think of her that way.
(d) She is too far beneath him.
3. What type of troop is Sharpe put in command?
(a) A rifle company.
(b) The scouts and sharpshooters.
(c) Rocket artillery.
(d) An infantry regiment.
4. Why does the Colonel keep Lady Farthingdale safe?
(a) He doesn't believe in harming civilians.
(b) So he can have her to himself.
(c) She bribes him with money.
(d) To be used as a hostage.
5. What happens to the soldiers who accompany Lady Farthingdale?
(a) They are taken prisoner.
(b) They desert her.
(c) They are murdered.
6. What does Sharpe do with the prisoners from the convent?
(a) Strip them and put them in cells.
(b) Kills them.
(c) Puts them in the dungeon.
(d) Ties them up.
7. What does Sharpe do with the convent?
(a) He doesn't do anything with it.
(b) Fortify it for defense.
(c) Decide to leave it.
(d) He spreads gunpowder around it.
8. Who will assist Sharpe in rescuing the women?
(a) Two sqauds of infantry.
(b) A calvary battalion.
(c) An arillery company.
(d) Spanish partisans.
9. What kind of wound does Farthingdale receive?
(a) A cut on his knee.
(b) A sprained ankle.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) A minor head wound.
10. What does General Nairn use to toast his bread?
(b) A toasting fork.
(c) Fireplace tongs.
(d) An iron skillet.
11. By what other name besides Josephina is Lady Farthingdale known?
(a) Elizabeth Koven.
(b) Lady Blythington.
(c) Madame Aphrodite.
(d) La Lacosta.
12. What do Sharpe and Harper look at when surveying the convent?
(a) Where the nuns might be hidden.
(b) Look at it for tactical defense.
(c) For any tunnel out of the convent.
(d) The beautiful art.
13. What nationality is General Nairn?
14. Who does Sharpe recognize Lady Farthingdale to be?
(a) Claudia de le Fleur.
(b) He doesn't recognize her.
(c) Penelope Handsol.
15. For what purpose is a hole hacked into a basement wall?
(a) As a loophole.
(b) To let in sunlight.
(c) To let in fresh air.
(d) As a water drain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chaplain General ask Nairn to do?
2. Where does Sharpe go at the beginning of Chapter 1 to get out of the cold?
3. What does Sharpe receive from the person in question #14?
4. With what is most of the basement in the convent filled?
5. What does Sharpe do with the forces he has at his disposal?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)