|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the soldiers who accompany Lady Farthingdale?
(a) They are murdered.
(b) They desert her.
(c) They are taken prisoner.
2. What does Sharpe see in the convent?
(a) Sleeping men.
(b) Debauchery and abuse of prisoners.
(c) Dead women.
(d) Drunk men.
3. Where does the army that conquered Andrados go when they finish subduing the town?
(a) No where, they settle in for winter.
(b) They go to meet up with other French forces.
(c) They go to meet up with the Spanish guerrillas.
(d) It doesn't say where they go.
4. What does Sharpe notice as he is in the convent?
(a) The fact that there are no nuns to be seen.
(b) That it is barely standing.
(c) Its structure and tactical points.
(d) The lack of religious artifacts.
5. What is the name of General Nairn's valet?
6. What does Dubreton's wife say to her husband?
(a) Tells him she loves him.
(b) Quotes poetry.
(c) Tells him she is being raped.
(d) Nothing she is not allowed to speak.
7. What lies on either side of the road that runs out of the pass?
(a) Waterfalls and a fortress.
(b) A fortress and a convent.
(c) A fortress and sheer cliffs.
(d) A river and a convent.
8. Why doesn't Lord Farthingdale marry Josefina?
(a) He is already married.
(b) She is already married.
(c) He doesn't think of her that way.
(d) She is too far beneath him.
9. With whom is Spain at war during this novel?
10. Why did the Peer choose Frenada as winter headquarters?
(a) It is sheltered by the mountains.
(b) Has the best fox hunting in the area.
(c) It is near the French border.
(d) It has plenty of food for the troops.
11. What day is it when Sharpe has secured the convent?
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
12. How do the defenders of the castle appear to Sharpe?
13. What does Farthingdale decide to do when the convent is attacked?
(a) Wait and see what Sharpe does.
(b) Go out the tunnel in the basement.
(c) Hide in the basement.
(d) Launch a counterattack.
14. Why does the Colonel keep Lady Farthingdale safe?
(a) She bribes him with money.
(b) So he can have her to himself.
(c) To be used as a hostage.
(d) He doesn't believe in harming civilians.
15. What does Sharpe do with the prisoners from the convent?
(a) Ties them up.
(b) Puts them in the dungeon.
(c) Strip them and put them in cells.
(d) Kills them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Pot-au-Feu's forces remain?
2. What does Frederickson bring with him when he advances on the convent?
3. What does Sharpe notice about the new weapons under his command?
4. What does Josefina tell Sharpe about Lord Farthingdale and how he feels about her?
5. What type of terrain does Sharpe have to cross to get to Andrados?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)