|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the army that conquered Andrados go when they finish subduing the town?
(a) They go to meet up with the Spanish guerrillas.
(b) It doesn't say where they go.
(c) No where, they settle in for winter.
(d) They go to meet up with other French forces.
2. Who does Sharpe capture when he first enters Andrados?
(b) Two Frenchmen.
(c) Two of the capturing forces.
(d) Viscount Pierre Duplicios.
3. Why is Colonel Dubreton at Andrados?
(a) To kill Pot-au-Feu.
(b) To capture Hogan.
(c) To kill Hakeswill.
(d) To ransom his wife.
4. Where do Pot-au-Feu's forces remain?
(a) Out of sight in the hills.
(b) Around the convent.
(c) In the gatehouse.
(d) In the village.
5. At what location does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) Near Castelo Branco.
(b) Near the French border.
(c) On the other side of the mountain pass from Andrados.
(d) In Portugal.
6. With whom is Spain at war during this novel?
7. What is being done to a woman with a hot iron?
(a) She is being branded on her breasts.
(c) A long scar is put on her face.
(d) She is having her fingers burned.
8. Who does Sharpe recognize Lady Farthingdale to be?
(a) Penelope Handsol.
(b) Claudia de le Fleur.
(c) He doesn't recognize her.
9. Why was the troop Sharpe is now commanding sent there by the person in question #20?
(a) He wants them out of the way.
(b) They are being punished by him.
(c) It is his pet project.
(d) He promised they would when he was drunk.
10. Who leads the company of mixed rifles going with Sharpe?
(a) Captain Johnson.
(b) William Frederickson.
(c) Hewellt Galwind.
(d) Paddy O'Brien.
11. What does Sharpe do with the convent?
(a) He doesn't do anything with it.
(b) Fortify it for defense.
(c) Decide to leave it.
(d) He spreads gunpowder around it.
12. Of what is the army that captures Andrados in the Prologue comprised?
(a) British rifle regiments.
(b) French dragoons.
(c) An assortment of various nationalities.
(d) Spanish guerrillas.
13. What nationality is General Nairn?
14. At what location is the Prologue set?
(c) Los Companio.
15. What does Sharpe see in the convent?
(a) Sleeping men.
(b) Dead women.
(c) Drunk men.
(d) Debauchery and abuse of prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the head of the army which subdues Andrados?
2. What does Lord Farthingdale do after he assumes command?
3. What does Sharpe think as he watches Farthington's preparations?
4. What is the name of General Nairn's valet?
5. What does Sharpe do with the prisoners from the convent?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)