|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the soldiers doing while Sharpe surveys the convent?
(a) Cleaning their weapons.
2. What does Lord Farthingdale do after he assumes command?
(a) Makes poor decisions.
(b) Argues with Sharpe about tactics.
(c) Gets mildly drunk.
3. What does Sharpe do with the prisoners from the convent?
(a) Ties them up.
(b) Strip them and put them in cells.
(c) Puts them in the dungeon.
(d) Kills them.
4. Where does Sharpe go when he arrives at Andrados?
(a) The convent.
(b) The governor's house.
(c) The north gate.
(d) The watchtower.
5. What does Sharpe do with the convent?
(a) Decide to leave it.
(b) Fortify it for defense.
(c) He spreads gunpowder around it.
(d) He doesn't do anything with it.
6. What does Sharpe notice as he is in the convent?
(a) The lack of religious artifacts.
(b) That it is barely standing.
(c) The fact that there are no nuns to be seen.
(d) Its structure and tactical points.
7. What kind of wound does Farthingdale receive?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(b) A cut on his knee.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) A minor head wound.
8. How does Farthingdale feel about Sharpe's inability to bring back Lady Farthingdale?
(a) Vituperative of Sharpe's efforts.
(b) Sad but understanding.
(c) Hostile and angry.
9. Where has Sharpe seen Lady Farthingdale before?
(a) In Lisbon.
(b) In Ireland.
(c) In London.
(d) In Madrid.
10. What does Sharpe urge to Farthingdale?
(b) Caution and restraint.
(c) To attack the castle.
(d) To stay in the proximity of the convent.
11. What day is it when Sharpe has secured the convent?
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
12. What is Sharpe supposed to do with the troops to which he has been assigned?
(a) Drill, parade and train them.
(b) Learn how to use their weapons.
(c) Keep them from killing the British.
(d) Take them to the French border.
13. What does the Chaplain General ask Nairn to do?
(a) Set up services for the Methodist.
(b) Attend masses for the dead.
(c) Keep Methodism in check.
(d) Allow the Jewish soldiers to rest on Saturday.
14. What will the rocket battalion be doing while Sharpe is gone?
(a) They are going with him.
(b) Practicing their aim.
(d) Moving closer to the French border.
15. What does Farthingdale decide to do on Christmas day?
(a) Have a large Christmas dinner.
(b) Leave with the women.
(c) Attack the castle.
(d) Wait for reinforcements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe think of the situation as he watches the action?
2. What begins to arrive after Sharpe and his group have the hostages?
3. For what purpose is a hole hacked into a basement wall?
4. Why does Lord Farthingdale take command of the forces when he arrives?
5. What does Frederickson bring with him when he advances on the convent?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)