|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what other name besides Josephina is Lady Farthingdale known?
(a) Elizabeth Koven.
(b) Madame Aphrodite.
(c) La Lacosta.
(d) Lady Blythington.
2. What does Josefina say about Lord Farthingdale and her past?
(a) He knows about it.
(b) He doesn't know about it.
(c) She is planning to tell him.
(d) She doesn't want him to know about it.
3. Who does Sharpe recognize Lady Farthingdale to be?
(a) He doesn't recognize her.
(b) Claudia de le Fleur.
(d) Penelope Handsol.
4. Why doesn't Lord Farthingdale marry Josefina?
(a) She is already married.
(b) She is too far beneath him.
(c) He doesn't think of her that way.
(d) He is already married.
5. How do the defenders of the castle appear to Sharpe?
6. Where do Pot-au-Feu's forces remain?
(a) Around the convent.
(b) Out of sight in the hills.
(c) In the village.
(d) In the gatehouse.
7. Who finally arrives after Josefina speaks to Sharpe?
(a) The rest of the combat troops.
(b) Michael Hogan.
(c) The rocket battalion.
8. What happens to the soldiers who accompany Lady Farthingdale?
(a) They are taken prisoner.
(c) They desert her.
(d) They are murdered.
9. What do the two leaders of the Andrados force attempt to do with Sharpe and his companions?
(a) Recruit them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Get intelligence from them.
(d) Shock them.
10. What does Sharpe think of the situation as he watches the action?
(a) If is all right.
(b) They will win eventually.
(c) It is desperate.
(d) It is a draw.
11. What does Farthingdale decide to do when the convent is attacked?
(a) Go out the tunnel in the basement.
(b) Wait and see what Sharpe does.
(c) Hide in the basement.
(d) Launch a counterattack.
12. Who has sent the troop that Sharpe is told to command?
(a) The Prince Regent.
(b) King George.
(c) Viscount Wellington.
(d) The Prince of Orange.
13. Where does the army that conquered Andrados go when they finish subduing the town?
(a) It doesn't say where they go.
(b) They go to meet up with other French forces.
(c) They go to meet up with the Spanish guerrillas.
(d) No where, they settle in for winter.
14. What does Nairn decide about Sharpe's information?
(a) The women must be rescued.
(b) There is nothing that can be done.
(c) It is too little for any kind of judgment.
(d) Sharpe was incompetent.
15. What kind of wound does Farthingdale receive?
(a) A cut on his knee.
(b) A minor head wound.
(c) A sprained ankle.
(d) A broken arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will assist Sharpe in rescuing the women?
2. What does Sharpe do with the forces he has at his disposal?
3. What does Sharpe notice as he is in the convent?
4. What does Frederickson bring with him when he advances on the convent?
5. What is Sharpe told is the estimated number of men that Pot-au-Feu has with him?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)