|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josefina say about Lord Farthingdale and her past?
(a) He knows about it.
(b) She is planning to tell him.
(c) He doesn't know about it.
(d) She doesn't want him to know about it.
2. How does Farthingdale feel about Sharpe's inability to bring back Lady Farthingdale?
(a) Hostile and angry.
(c) Sad but understanding.
(d) Vituperative of Sharpe's efforts.
3. What does the person from question #14 say first to Sharpe?
(a) He tells him he is due for leave.
(b) He chews him out for an infraction.
(c) He tells him about his family.
(d) He praises his past performances.
4. What happens to Sharpe and his companions after they pledge to help each other?
(a) They are able to find Hakeswil.
(b) They are able to locate Hogan.
(c) They are surrounded by men of Pot-au-Feu's force.
(d) They are shot at by unknown men.
5. What religion is General Nairn?
6. What does Sharpe see in the convent?
(a) Sleeping men.
(b) Dead women.
(c) Drunk men.
(d) Debauchery and abuse of prisoners.
7. What does Sharpe discover about Hakeswill after the convent is secured?
(a) He has escaped.
(b) He was never there.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is in one of the holding cells.
8. What does Nairn order Sharpe to do in Chapter 3?
(a) Go home for his brother's funeral.
(b) Go to Andrados and scout the area.
(c) Find Hogan.
(d) Go arrest or kill Hakeswill.
9. With whom is Spain at war during this novel?
10. What happens as the British forces are scrambling over the castle's outer walls?
(a) The defenders shoot at the attackers.
(b) Sharpe blows up the gunpowder around the wall.
(c) A series of mines erupt.
(d) Josefina and Dubreton's wife escape.
11. Who finally arrives after Josefina speaks to Sharpe?
(b) The rest of the combat troops.
(c) The rocket battalion.
(d) Michael Hogan.
12. What do Sharpe and Harper look at when surveying the convent?
(a) For any tunnel out of the convent.
(b) The beautiful art.
(c) Look at it for tactical defense.
(d) Where the nuns might be hidden.
13. What type of troop is Sharpe put in command?
(a) A rifle company.
(b) The scouts and sharpshooters.
(c) An infantry regiment.
(d) Rocket artillery.
14. What are the two leaders of the Andrados force doing when they talk to Sharpe?
(a) Torturing Hogan.
(b) Raping young Spanish girls.
(c) Fondling semi-nude women.
15. What is wrong physically with General Nairn at the beginning of the book?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) He has a headache.
(c) He has a cold.
(d) He has a broken arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lady Farthingdale in reality?
2. Who does Sharpe capture when he first enters Andrados?
3. With what is most of the basement in the convent filled?
4. Why doesn't Lord Farthingdale marry Josefina?
5. In what direction from the mountain pass is Andrados located?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)