|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what location does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) Near the French border.
(b) In Portugal.
(c) Near Castelo Branco.
(d) On the other side of the mountain pass from Andrados.
2. What are the two leaders of the Andrados force doing when they talk to Sharpe?
(a) Raping young Spanish girls.
(c) Torturing Hogan.
(d) Fondling semi-nude women.
3. What does the rocket battalion have that Sharpe needs?
(c) More men.
4. What happens as the British forces are scrambling over the castle's outer walls?
(a) The defenders shoot at the attackers.
(b) A series of mines erupt.
(c) Josefina and Dubreton's wife escape.
(d) Sharpe blows up the gunpowder around the wall.
5. What does the Chaplain General ask Nairn to do?
(a) Allow the Jewish soldiers to rest on Saturday.
(b) Keep Methodism in check.
(c) Set up services for the Methodist.
(d) Attend masses for the dead.
6. What does Josefina tell Sharpe about Lord Farthingdale and how he feels about her?
(a) He disdains her.
(b) He is using her.
(c) He wants to get rid of her.
(d) He is madly in love with her.
7. What kind of evidence is around the town?
(a) Evidence of murder, torture and mass rape.
(b) Evidence of starvation and lack of water.
(c) Of destruction of many buildings.
(d) Evidence of theft of British army material.
8. What does Josefina say about Lord Farthingdale and her past?
(a) She doesn't want him to know about it.
(b) He knows about it.
(c) She is planning to tell him.
(d) He doesn't know about it.
9. Who does Sharpe recognize Lady Farthingdale to be?
(a) Claudia de le Fleur.
(b) Penelope Handsol.
(d) He doesn't recognize her.
10. What does Sharpe do with the forces he has at his disposal?
(a) Spread them throughout Andrados.
(b) Drill them in rapid reload.
(c) Send some back to the base to get help.
(d) Consolidate them at the convent.
11. What do the two leaders of the Andrados force attempt to do with Sharpe and his companions?
(a) Shock them.
(b) Get intelligence from them.
(c) Recruit them.
(d) Kill them.
12. What do the men defending the castle do?
(a) Go into the village.
(b) Surrender to Sharpe.
(c) Run away.
(d) Attack the convent.
13. What does Sharpe notice about the new weapons under his command?
(a) Their expense.
(b) The way they will be slow to use.
(c) Their usefulness.
(d) Their potential and limitations.
14. What was left in the town of Andrados due to a provisioning error?
(a) A room full of French uniforms.
(b) 2000 rifles.
(c) A huge amount of black powder.
(d) A huge supply of field rations.
15. How do the defenders of the castle appear to Sharpe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe think as he watches Farthington's preparations?
2. What begins to arrive after Sharpe and his group have the hostages?
3. Where has Sharpe seen Lady Farthingdale before?
4. What does Sharpe do with the convent?
5. Why doesn't Lord Farthingdale marry Josefina?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)