|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the army that conquered Andrados go when they finish subduing the town?
(a) It doesn't say where they go.
(b) They go to meet up with the Spanish guerrillas.
(c) No where, they settle in for winter.
(d) They go to meet up with other French forces.
2. Who is Lady Farthingdale in reality?
(a) The wife of another lord.
(b) A French spy.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A Spanish noblewoman.
3. By what other name besides Josephina is Lady Farthingdale known?
(a) Elizabeth Koven.
(b) Lady Blythington.
(c) La Lacosta.
(d) Madame Aphrodite.
4. What does Frederickson bring with him when he advances on the convent?
(a) Most of the fighting men.
(b) The rocket battalion.
(d) Two squads of cavalry.
5. What does Sharpe and his group do before locating Lady Farthingdale?
(a) Attack the guards.
(b) Remove Hakeswill.
(c) Burn the governor's house.
(d) Find Hogan.
6. What do the men defending the castle do?
(a) Go into the village.
(b) Surrender to Sharpe.
(c) Attack the convent.
(d) Run away.
7. What does Sharpe receive from the person in question #14?
(a) A silver star.
(b) A letter from his wife.
(c) A promotion.
(d) A reprimand.
8. Who does Sharpe capture when he first enters Andrados?
(a) Two Frenchmen.
(c) Viscount Pierre Duplicios.
(d) Two of the capturing forces.
9. What begins to arrive after Sharpe and his group have the hostages?
(a) Some of the townspeople who were hiding.
(b) The men holding the town.
(c) Some of the nuns from the convent.
10. What does Sharpe do with the convent?
(a) Fortify it for defense.
(b) He doesn't do anything with it.
(c) He spreads gunpowder around it.
(d) Decide to leave it.
11. Why doesn't Lord Farthingdale marry Josefina?
(a) He doesn't think of her that way.
(b) She is already married.
(c) She is too far beneath him.
(d) He is already married.
12. Who will assist Sharpe in rescuing the women?
(a) An arillery company.
(b) Two sqauds of infantry.
(c) Spanish partisans.
(d) A calvary battalion.
13. What does Farthingdale decide to do on Christmas day?
(a) Attack the castle.
(b) Wait for reinforcements.
(c) Have a large Christmas dinner.
(d) Leave with the women.
14. What is the name of General Nairn's valet?
15. What does Sharpe urge to Farthingdale?
(b) To stay in the proximity of the convent.
(c) To attack the castle.
(d) Caution and restraint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the troop Sharpe is now commanding sent there by the person in question #20?
2. What does Nairn give Sharpe to take to Andrados?
3. What does Sharpe see in the convent?
4. What does Farthingdale do when the attacking forces withdraw?
5. Of what is the army that captures Andrados in the Prologue comprised?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)