|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sharpe go at the beginning of Chapter 1 to get out of the cold?
(a) The church.
(b) Officers mess.
(c) Headquarters mess.
(d) Enlisted mess.
2. What is wrong physically with General Nairn at the beginning of the book?
(a) He has a broken arm.
(b) He has the flu.
(c) He has a cold.
(d) He has a headache.
3. What does Farthingdale announce at the war council?
(a) He wants to surrender to the French.
(b) He plans to retreat from Andrados.
(c) He wants to negotiate a withdrawal.
(d) He wants to attack the north flank of the French.
4. Who summons Captain Sharpe in Chapter 1?
(a) General Nairn.
(b) Colonel Johnson.
(c) Major Hogan.
(d) Viscount Wellington.
5. Who is recovered by the French and handed over to the British?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josefina say about Lord Farthingdale and her past?
2. What does Farthingdale decide to do at the war council?
3. Of what does much of the talk between the French and the British consist?
4. What was the castle originally?
5. What do the French do after their first approach ends in disaster for them?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)