|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe notice as he is in the convent?
(a) Its structure and tactical points.
(b) That it is barely standing.
(c) The fact that there are no nuns to be seen.
(d) The lack of religious artifacts.
2. At what location does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) On the other side of the mountain pass from Andrados.
(b) Near Castelo Branco.
(c) Near the French border.
(d) In Portugal.
3. Who summons Captain Sharpe in Chapter 1?
(a) Major Hogan.
(b) General Nairn.
(c) Viscount Wellington.
(d) Colonel Johnson.
4. What does Nairn decide about Sharpe's information?
(a) The women must be rescued.
(b) There is nothing that can be done.
(c) Sharpe was incompetent.
(d) It is too little for any kind of judgment.
5. Why does the Colonel keep Lady Farthingdale safe?
(a) To be used as a hostage.
(b) So he can have her to himself.
(c) She bribes him with money.
(d) He doesn't believe in harming civilians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the troop Sharpe is now commanding sent there by the person in question #20?
2. What was left in the town of Andrados due to a provisioning error?
3. With whom is Spain at war during this novel?
4. Who goes to Andrados with Sharpe?
5. What does Sharpe receive from the person in question #14?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)