Prologue and Chapters 1 and 2
1. At what location is the Prologue set?
(d) Los Companio.
2. With whom is Spain at war during this novel?
3. Where are the English troops heading in the Prologue?
(a) Towards Portugal.
(b) Towards Madrid.
(c) Towards England.
(d) Towards an invasion of France.
4. In what direction from the mountain pass is Andrados located?
5. What lies on either side of the road that runs out of the pass?
(a) A river and a convent.
(b) Waterfalls and a fortress.
(c) A fortress and a convent.
(d) A fortress and sheer cliffs.
6. What was left in the town of Andrados due to a provisioning error?
(a) 2000 rifles.
(b) A huge amount of black powder.
(c) A room full of French uniforms.
(d) A huge supply of field rations.
7. Of what is the army that captures Andrados in the Prologue comprised?
(a) Spanish guerrillas.
(b) French dragoons.
(c) British rifle regiments.
(d) An assortment of various nationalities.
This section contains 4,477 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)