Prologue and Chapters 1 and 2
1. At what location is the Prologue set?
(d) Los Companio.
2. With whom is Spain at war during this novel?
3. Where are the English troops heading in the Prologue?
(a) Towards Portugal.
(b) Towards an invasion of France.
(c) Towards England.
(d) Towards Madrid.
4. In what direction from the mountain pass is Andrados located?
5. What lies on either side of the road that runs out of the pass?
(a) A fortress and sheer cliffs.
(b) A river and a convent.
(c) A fortress and a convent.
(d) Waterfalls and a fortress.
6. What was left in the town of Andrados due to a provisioning error?
(a) A huge supply of field rations.
(b) 2000 rifles.
(c) A room full of French uniforms.
(d) A huge amount of black powder.
7. Of what is the army that captures Andrados in the Prologue comprised?
(a) Spanish guerrillas.
(b) An assortment of various nationalities.
(c) French dragoons.
(d) British rifle regiments.
This section contains 4,477 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)