|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leroy's rank in the army?
2. For what have the troops exchanged their ammunition?
3. In which country did Lawford and Sharpe serve together?
4. What is Lawford's rank in the army?
5. How does Sharpe help the woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sharpe find it difficult to arrest the deserters?
2. How is Sharpe's peace ruined in this section?
3. What problems do the Spanish troops cause the British in this section?
4. Why does Sharpe wish the deserters had not been so honest?
5. How does Sharpe react to the situation with Josephina in Chapter Eleven?
6. Why is Hogan worried about Sharpe in this section?
7. Why is Simmerson a threat to Sharpe's career?
8. Describe the battle in Chapter Seven.
9. How does Wellesley help Sharpe in this section?
10. How do the South Essex and Spanish troops unnecessarily start a fight in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the themes in the novel relate to contemporary society? How important is it for historical books to have some relevance to present day issues?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Sharpe's life.
1. Sergeant Harper.
2. General Wellesley.
3. Lieutenant Colonel William Lawford.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Sharpe's character across the whole series.
1. How does the author develop Sharpe's character across the whole series?
2. What new elements does Sharpe's Eagle add to Sharpe's character?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)