|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sharpe see on horseback keeping away from the fighting?
2. How do the Spanish react to their fright?
(a) They fire their cannon.
(b) They jump into the river.
(c) They fire their muskets.
(d) They run away.
3. What is Hill's rank in the army?
4. What favor does Josephina ask from Sharpe in this section?
(a) To write to her husband.
(b) To kill Gibbons and Berry.
(c) To take her back to Lisbon.
(d) To arrange for a band to play.
5. Who sharpens Sharpe's sword for him?
(a) An armorer.
(b) A servant.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A private.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hosting the dinner party?
2. Why does Sharpe order Denny not to join him?
3. Who orders Simmerson to return his troops to their positions?
4. What does Wellesley present at the end of the Epilogue?
5. What frightens the Spanish troops in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hill react to seeing the men in formation?
2. Summarize the novel.
3. What does Josephina ask from Sharpe in this section?
4. What is Simmerson's plan in this section?
5. What do the French and British do in between fighting?
6. Why does Sharpe think the battle will be his only chance to capture a French Eagle?
7. How does the Lieutenant Colonel save the situation that Simmerson has created?
8. How does Sharpe make Knowles feel better in this section?
9. How does Sharpe get Berry alone?
10. Why does Sharpe decide to do something daring in this section?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)