|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hogan think will happen to Sharpe if he kills Gibbons and Berry?
(a) He will be executed.
(b) He will be lashed.
(c) He will be promoted.
(d) He will be sent to prison.
2. Why does Sharpe order Denny not to join him?
(a) So he can meet his newly-born child.
(b) He is injured.
(c) So he can experience his seventeenth birthday.
(d) He has French parents.
3. In what condition are most of the men to whom Sharpe talks in the timber yard?
4. What does a staff captain give Wellesley?
(a) A sealed paper.
(b) A box.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A sword.
5. What does Wellesley present at the end of the Epilogue?
(a) Sharpe's sword.
(b) Sharpe's Eagle.
(c) Sharpe's medal for bravery.
(d) Sharpe's musket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharpe almost die in this section?
2. What is the name of Josephina's servant?
3. What is the name of the rifleman who has been killed?
4. What is Robert Crauford's nickname?
5. What do Sharpe and Josephina see piled up by a tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battle to capture the French Eagle.
2. How does Sharpe almost die in Chapter Twenty-five?
3. How does Simmerson try to involve everyone in his plan to punish the men?
4. Summarize the novel.
5. What do the French and British do in between fighting?
6. Summarize the Historical Note section.
7. What problems have the Spanish caused the British in this section?
8. How does Sharpe kill Berry?
9. What does Sharpe think about Josephina in the Epilogue?
10. Why is Sharpe worried about Gibbons in this section?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)