|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sharpe see sneaking through the darkness in this section?
(a) Gibbons and Berry.
(b) French troops.
(c) Spanish troops.
(d) Hogan and Harper.
2. Sharpe spends his time working on what before the flogging?
(a) Administrative duties.
(b) Organizing a mutiny.
(d) Recruiting men.
3. What are the Spanish supposed to do in Chapter Seventeen but don't?
(a) Charge the French.
(b) Fire their cannons at the French.
(c) Release their prisoners.
(d) Arrive at the British camp.
4. Who does Sharpe promise Hogan he won't harm?
5. Why does Simmerson want to destroy the British forces apart from his own troops?
(a) To create his own guerilla army.
(b) To get his command.
(c) To prove a point.
(d) For revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simmerson order his troops to do near the beginning of Chapter Twenty-three?
2. Who sharpens Sharpe's sword for him?
3. What is Sharpe holding to Berry's neck at the beginning of Chapter Twenty?
4. What has happened to Josephina in Chapter Nineteen?
5. Who has Hill ordered to confront the mutinous troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the French and British do in between fighting?
2. What is Simmerson's plan in this section?
3. Describe the battle to capture the French Eagle.
4. How does Sharpe celebrate his capture of the Eagle in Chapter Twenty-five?
5. How does Hill react to seeing the men in formation?
6. How does Simmerson try to involve everyone in his plan to punish the men?
7. Why does Sharpe think the battle will be his only chance to capture a French Eagle?
8. What problems have the Spanish caused the British in this section?
9. How does Sharpe organize the troops before Hill's arrival?
10. Why does Sharpe disagree so strongly with Simmerson flogging his men?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)