|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Bob Crauford known in the army?
(a) His drinking.
(b) His strict discipline.
(c) His humor.
(d) His womanizing.
2. What does Sharpe say his men can do if they decide to help him capture the French Eagle?
(a) Kill themselves.
(b) Go back to camp.
(c) Join the South Essex.
(d) Cover them.
3. What does Crauford say Sharpe would have deserved if he had not captured a French Eagle?
(b) Demotion to private.
(c) An honorary knighthood.
(d) A flogging.
4. What is the name of Josephina's servant?
5. Who interrupts Sharpe from his paperwork?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe say will happen to the men if they mutiny?
2. Whose biography did Lady Elizabeth Longford write?
3. In what condition are Berry and Gibbons in this section?
4. What problem does Harper describe to Sharpe?
5. What does the author say is rich and deep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the novel.
2. How does Sharpe kill Berry?
3. Why does Sharpe disagree so strongly with Simmerson flogging his men?
4. Why does Sharpe decide to do something daring in this section?
5. What is Simmerson's plan in this section?
6. How does Sharpe get Berry alone?
7. What do the French and British do in between fighting?
8. How does Sharpe organize the troops before Hill's arrival?
9. What is Wellesley's opinion of the Spanish?
10. Why does Sharpe worry about Josephina's safety in this section?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)