|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sharpe think there will be no fighting between the French and the British in Chapter Six?
(a) The French are cowards.
(b) Both sides are too tired.
(c) They are just parading their wares to each other.
(d) It would not be avantageous to either side.
2. What does Lieutenant Gibbons ask Sharpe to surrender to him?
(a) His horse.
(b) His sword.
(c) His gun.
(d) His medals.
3. What does Sharpe say will happen to anyone who breaks rank?
(a) They will be sent home.
(b) They will be shot.
(c) They will be lashed.
(d) They will be court marshalled.
4. What is Leroy's rank in the army?
5. What are stocks?
(a) Elbow guards.
(b) Knee guards.
(c) Leather collars.
(d) Wooden crutches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lawson tell Sharpe has never been done?
2. How do the Spanish provoke the French in this section?
3. What does Sharpe have to do to Berry and Gibbons to get the truth from them?
4. Who has placed Hogan and Sharpe under arrest?
5. What does Simmerson say he will do after Wellesley places blame for the defeat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sharpe resent men like Simmerson?
2. How does Wellesley help Sharpe in this section?
3. Why does Sharpe think Gibbons must want revenge?
4. How does Sharpe meet the young woman in this section?
5. How does Sharpe prove Simmerson wrong in Chapter Three?
6. How does Sharpe react to the situation with Josephina in Chapter Eleven?
7. How do things improve for Sharpe and his men at the end of Chapter Nine?
8. What are Lennox's thought before he dies?
9. Why does Sharpe find it difficult to arrest the deserters?
10. How does Henry Simmerson treat his men?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)