|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simmerson challenge Sharpe to train his troops to do?
(a) Run a four minute mile.
(b) Shoot three rounds a minute.
(c) Speak Spanish in two weeks.
(d) Tailor their own uniforms.
2. What does Harper say to start the British charge?
3. What does Simmerson say he will do after Wellesley places blame for the defeat?
(a) Assassinate Wellesley.
(b) Strip Sharpe of his rank.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Write to his powerful friends.
4. Why is Simmerson furious at Sharpe?
(a) He has woken him up from his afternoon nap.
(b) He has ripped his uniform.
(c) He has fulfilled his challenge.
(d) He has allowed the company to destroy their stocks.
5. Of what does the author say many will die in the days ahead?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sharpe's regiment?
2. What does Lawford tell Sharpe the Spanish are still doing?
3. Who does Sharpe see running out of the building?
4. What kind of animal is the priest riding?
5. Sharpe throws the lieutenant into what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sharpe find it difficult to arrest the deserters?
2. How does Sharpe meet Lieutenant Gibbons?
3. How does Sharpe meet the young woman in this section?
4. What offer does the French make to Sharpe in this section?
5. Describe the battle in Chapter Seven.
6. How do Simmerson and the Spanish jeopardize the mission at the start of Chapter Six?
7. How does Wellesley help Sharpe in this section?
8. Why is Simmerson a threat to Sharpe's career?
9. Why is Hogan worried about Sharpe in this section?
10. How is Sharpe's peace ruined in this section?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)