|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe the priest's Spanish?
2. What does Lawson tell Sharpe has never been done?
(a) A commoner rising to through the ranks.
(b) Defeating the Spanish.
(c) Getting into Napolean's estate.
(d) Taking an eagle from the French.
3. What does Simmerson say he will do after Wellesley places blame for the defeat?
(a) Strip Sharpe of his rank.
(b) Assassinate Wellesley.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Write to his powerful friends.
4. What is the name of Wellesley's temporary headquarters?
(a) Hopper Castle.
(b) Marabel Palace.
(c) Wellington Castle.
(d) Crystal Palace.
5. What did Lawford teach Sharpe?
(a) How to read and write.
(b) How to play the flute.
(c) How to play the guitar.
(d) How to cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lawford tell Sharpe that he really must buy?
2. What does Lawford tell Sharpe the Spanish are still doing?
3. How does Sharpe help the woman?
4. About what does Wellesley warn Sharpe after Simmerson leaves?
5. What is the name of the regiment Sir Henry Simmerson commands?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe meet the young woman in this section?
2. How do things improve for Sharpe and his men at the end of Chapter Nine?
3. Why is Hogan worried about Sharpe in this section?
4. How does Sharpe know Lieutenant Colonel William Lawson?
5. How does Sharpe react to the situation with Josephina in Chapter Eleven?
6. What does the reader learn about Harper in this section?
7. What makes Sharpe different from other officers?
8. How does Sharpe meet Lieutenant Gibbons?
9. How do Simmerson and the Spanish jeopardize the mission at the start of Chapter Six?
10. How does Sharpe prove Simmerson wrong in Chapter Three?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)