|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Josephina ask from Sharpe in this section?
(a) To arrange for a band to play.
(b) To take her back to Lisbon.
(c) To write to her husband.
(d) To kill Gibbons and Berry.
2. What is Claud Hardy's rank in the army?
3. What is the name of Sharpe's company?
(a) The Light Company.
(b) The People's Company.
(c) The Common Company.
(d) The Heavy Company.
4. Who is with Sharpe at the beginning of Chapter Eighteen?
5. Who does Simmerson think should have been given command of the British forces?
(a) His cousin.
6. What does Simmerson order his troops to do near the beginning of Chapter Twenty-three?
(a) March away from their formation.
(b) Kill Sharpe on sight.
(c) Charge the French.
(d) Charge the Spanish.
7. Who does Sharpe wish was there to hear Wellesley's toast?
8. What has Sharpe gotten that Gibbons wants?
(a) A promotion.
(b) Home leave.
(d) Administration duties.
9. What does Simmerson say will happen to sixty men at 6pm?
(a) They will be sent home.
(b) They will be flogged.
(c) They will be sent out scouting.
(d) They will be shot.
10. What do Sharpe and Josephina see piled up by a tree?
(a) Severed limbs.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) Wine bottles.
(d) Dead dogs.
11. What does Wellesley say is worse than no army?
(a) An exhausted army.
(b) An insane army.
(c) A ghost army.
(d) A starving army.
12. What does Simmerson think that people don't recognize about him?
(a) His military brilliance.
(b) His inner beauty.
(c) His fun-loving nature.
(d) His love of Britain.
13. What have the Spanish decided to do rather than fight?
(d) Make friends.
14. Who is hosting the dinner party?
15. Who does Sharpe first tell about Berry's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wellesley say has failed the British on every promise?
2. Why can't Sharpe and his men see much of the battlefield?
3. What does the author say dances in the draught?
4. What is the name of the rifleman who has been killed?
5. Who does Sharpe witness getting killed in this section?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)