|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Sharpe and his men see much of the battlefield?
(a) There is too much smoke.
(b) It is too misty.
(c) There are too many people.
(d) It is too dark.
2. Why does Simmerson want to destroy the British forces apart from his own troops?
(a) To create his own guerilla army.
(b) To get his command.
(c) To prove a point.
(d) For revenge.
3. Whose biography did Lady Elizabeth Longford write?
4. What does Sharpe say will happen to the men if they mutiny?
(a) They wil lbe thrown into prison.
(b) They will be executed.
(c) They will be sent home.
(d) They will be flogged twice.
5. Who has Hill ordered to confront the mutinous troops?
(a) The King's German Legion.
(b) The Light Company.
(c) The Spanish Foresters.
(d) The King's Italian Legion.
6. Where does Sharpe ask his troops to gather in ChapterFifteen?
(a) His lodgings.
(b) The hospital tent.
(c) The timber yard.
(d) The car park.
7. What was the name of the officer who relieved Simmerson of his command?
8. What does Sharpe say his men can do if they decide to help him capture the French Eagle?
(a) Go back to camp.
(b) Join the South Essex.
(c) Cover them.
(d) Kill themselves.
9. Who does Sharpe see sneaking through the darkness in this section?
(a) Hogan and Harper.
(b) French troops.
(c) Spanish troops.
(d) Gibbons and Berry.
10. Who does Sharpe think will want to revenge him?
11. Why does Sharpe order Denny not to join him?
(a) So he can experience his seventeenth birthday.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He has French parents.
(d) So he can meet his newly-born child.
12. For what is Bob Crauford known in the army?
(a) His drinking.
(b) His strict discipline.
(c) His humor.
(d) His womanizing.
13. What problem does Harper describe to Sharpe?
(a) The French are marching towards them.
(b) The men are refusing to agree to the floggings.
(c) Simmerson is arranging to flog Sharpe.
(d) Josephina has switched alliances to the French.
14. To what city does Josephina say she is traveling?
15. Who does Crauford say should not marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the rifleman who has been killed?
2. What does the author say is rich and deep?
3. Who does Wellesley say has failed the British on every promise?
4. Who does Sharpe see on horseback keeping away from the fighting?
5. What does the author say dances in the draught?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)