|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Josephina in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) She has been killed.
(b) She has been drugged.
(c) She has been raped.
(d) She has been shot.
2. What is Simmerson doing on the hilltop?
(a) Loading his rifle.
(b) Setting a cannon.
(c) Giving orders to Gibbons.
(d) Writing a letter.
3. What does Sharpe say will happen to the men if they mutiny?
(a) They will be executed.
(b) They will be sent home.
(c) They will be flogged twice.
(d) They wil lbe thrown into prison.
4. Who is hosting the dinner party?
5. Who does Crauford say should not marry?
6. What are the Spanish supposed to do in Chapter Seventeen but don't?
(a) Arrive at the British camp.
(b) Release their prisoners.
(c) Fire their cannons at the French.
(d) Charge the French.
7. Who does Sharpe wish was there to hear Wellesley's toast?
8. What frightens the Spanish troops in this section?
(a) A noise.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bird.
(d) A fire.
9. What has Sharpe gotten that Gibbons wants?
(a) Home leave.
(c) A promotion.
(d) Administration duties.
10. Where does Sharpe ask his troops to gather in ChapterFifteen?
(a) The timber yard.
(b) His lodgings.
(c) The hospital tent.
(d) The car park.
11. What is the name of the American historian on whom Sharpe says he relied heavily?
(a) Jac Weller.
(b) Peter Wallis.
(c) Nick Crows.
(d) Nat Wheaton.
12. Which of the following do the British trade with the French in this section?
13. Who does Sharpe see sneaking through the darkness in this section?
(a) Gibbons and Berry.
(b) Hogan and Harper.
(c) French troops.
(d) Spanish troops.
14. Who is with Sharpe at the beginning of Chapter Eighteen?
15. What problem does Harper describe to Sharpe?
(a) Simmerson is arranging to flog Sharpe.
(b) The French are marching towards them.
(c) The men are refusing to agree to the floggings.
(d) Josephina has switched alliances to the French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Spanish general?
2. How does General Hill try to raise the morale of the troops?
3. What have the Spanish decided to do rather than fight?
4. Who tells Sharpe that the South Essex are returning to battle?
5. What does Wellesley present at the end of the Epilogue?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)