|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sharpe think will want to revenge him?
2. Which of the following do the British trade with the French in this section?
3. Why does Sharpe order Denny not to join him?
(a) So he can meet his newly-born child.
(b) He has French parents.
(c) He is injured.
(d) So he can experience his seventeenth birthday.
4. How do the Spanish react to their fright?
(a) They jump into the river.
(b) They fire their cannon.
(c) They fire their muskets.
(d) They run away.
5. Who is with Sharpe at the beginning of Chapter Eighteen?
6. What is the name of the Spanish general?
7. What do Sharpe and Josephina see piled up by a tree?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Severed limbs.
(c) Dead dogs.
(d) Wine bottles.
8. What does the author say dances in the draught?
(a) The candles.
(b) The doors.
(c) The trees.
(d) The flowers.
9. What is Harper's first name?
10. Into hat kind of glasses has the wine been poured at the beginning of the Epilogue?
(a) Diamond glasses.
(b) Champagne glasses.
(c) Sherry glasses.
(d) Crystal glasses.
11. Who does Sharpe witness getting killed in this section?
12. What does Crauford say Sharpe would have deserved if he had not captured a French Eagle?
(a) An honorary knighthood.
(b) Demotion to private.
(c) A flogging.
13. How do Gibbons and Berry react when Sharpe asks if the men have stopped for refreshments?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They cry.
(c) They scream.
(d) They vomit.
14. About whom does Hogan want to give Sharpe news in Chapter Twenty-two?
15. For what does Simmerson say the troops have to reassemble later that evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharpe first tell about Berry's death?
2. Where does Sharpe ask his troops to gather in ChapterFifteen?
3. What is Sharpe holding to Berry's neck at the beginning of Chapter Twenty?
4. What are the Spanish supposed to do in Chapter Seventeen but don't?
5. What is the name of Sharpe's company?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)