|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harper say the ox-carts axles creak like?
2. What does Hogan joke he can do now the Spanish have arrived?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Win the war.
(c) Take out his anger.
(d) Sleep at night.
3. What kind of animal is the priest riding?
(a) A horse.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A camel.
(d) An elephant.
4. Why does Sharpe think there will be no fighting between the French and the British in Chapter Six?
(a) The French are cowards.
(b) They are just parading their wares to each other.
(c) Both sides are too tired.
(d) It would not be avantageous to either side.
5. How does the author describe the priest's Spanish?
6. Who does Sharpe see running out of the building?
7. What does Forrest say he once suppressed in Chelmsford?
(a) A food riot.
(b) A political demonstration.
(c) A workers' strike.
(d) A Mayday riot.
8. Why is Simmerson furious at Sharpe?
(a) He has allowed the company to destroy their stocks.
(b) He has woken him up from his afternoon nap.
(c) He has fulfilled his challenge.
(d) He has ripped his uniform.
9. Where does Chapter Thirteen take place?
(a) A cell.
(b) Sharpe's room.
(c) A cellar.
(d) A bar.
10. What is the name of Wellesley's temporary headquarters?
(a) Wellington Castle.
(b) Marabel Palace.
(c) Crystal Palace.
(d) Hopper Castle.
11. Who tells Sharpe he will ruin his career?
12. How is Gibbons related to Simmerson?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His son.
(d) His son-in-law.
13. Why does Harper go to the river in this section?
(a) To fish.
(b) To bathe.
(c) To wash his clothes.
(d) To swim.
14. What will be the deserter's punishment?
(d) A court marshall.
15. What kind of noise interrupts Sharpe's conversation?
(a) A man's scream..
(b) A banshee's howl.
(c) A woman's scream.
(d) A baby's cry
Short Answer Questions
1. To what rank does Wellesey promote Sharpe?
2. Why does one of the soldiers say he deserted?
3. To which member of his family does Simmerson say he will write?
4. What does Hogan say the deserters gave Simmerson a reason to do?
5. What reason does Sharpe give the French officer for crossing the bridge?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)