|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe offer to Josefina?
(a) Some money.
(b) His quarters.
(d) His jacket.
2. What reason does Sharpe give the French officer for crossing the bridge?
(a) They wanted to surprise the French.
(b) They followed the Spanish.
(c) He was ordered to cross it.
(d) He gives no reason.
3. Who does Sharpe see running out of the building?
4. What does Harper throw to Pendleton?
(a) His sword.
(b) His pack.
(c) His Bible.
(d) His rifle.
5. In which country is the town of Abrantes ?
6. Simmerson tells Sharpe he comes from where?
(a) A common home.
(b) The orphanage.
(c) The gutter.
(d) The sewers.
7. What are stocks?
(a) Leather collars.
(b) Wooden crutches.
(c) Knee guards.
(d) Elbow guards.
8. What is Leroy's rank in the army?
9. What is the name of the Spanish forces?
(a) The Regimientia de Sevilla.
(b) The Regimientia de Barcelona.
(c) The Regimientia de Santa Maria.
(d) The Regimientia de Madrid.
10. What is Sharpe's rank at the beginning of the novel?
11. What does Harper say the ox-carts axles creak like?
12. What does Sharpe order his soldiers to use as a target?
(a) Their stocks.
(b) A fence post.
(c) Simmerson's tent.
(d) An oak tree.
13. How does the author describe the priest's Spanish?
14. Why is Simmerson furious at Sharpe?
(a) He has ripped his uniform.
(b) He has allowed the company to destroy their stocks.
(c) He has woken him up from his afternoon nap.
(d) He has fulfilled his challenge.
15. Who does Sharpe arrest in Chapter Twelve?
(a) The deserters.
(b) Spanish soldiers.
(d) French soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lieutenant use to hit Sharpe in the face?
2. What is Wellesey's rank in the army?
3. Tthe French eagles are mounted on top of what?
4. What is the name of the French light infantry?
5. The young woman's horse has problems with what?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)