|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Sharpe looking forward to spending the night in Chapter Twelve?
2. In which country did Lawford and Sharpe serve together?
(b) West Indies.
3. What is Lennox's nationality?
4. About what does Wellesley warn Sharpe after Simmerson leaves?
(a) Simmerson may sue Sharpe.
(b) Simmerson may join the French army.
(c) Simmerson may overturn his promotion.
(d) Simmerson may try to kill him.
5. What are stocks?
(a) Elbow guards.
(b) Knee guards.
(c) Wooden crutches.
(d) Leather collars.
6. Who tells Sharpe he will ruin his career?
7. What does Sharpe order his soldiers to use as a target?
(a) An oak tree.
(b) Their stocks.
(c) A fence post.
(d) Simmerson's tent.
8. Sharpe throws the lieutenant into what?
(a) A lake.
(b) A stream.
(c) Horse dung.
(d) Horse hay.
9. What is Lawford's rank in the army?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel.
(c) General Major.
10. Where does Chapter Thirteen take place?
(a) A cellar.
(b) Sharpe's room.
(c) A cell.
(d) A bar.
11. For what is Sharpe looking in the town before he meets a lieutenant from the South Essex?
(a) A beer.
(b) A manuscript.
(d) A water fountain.
12. What does Harper throw to Pendleton?
(a) His pack.
(b) His Bible.
(c) His sword.
(d) His rifle.
13. What does Harper say to start the British charge?
14. With what does Sharpe promise Lennox he would replace the regiments lost colors?
(a) A French Eagle.
(b) A French flag.
(c) A French buffet.
(d) A French cannon.
15. What is the name of the Spanish forces?
(a) The Regimientia de Barcelona.
(b) The Regimientia de Santa Maria.
(c) The Regimientia de Sevilla.
(d) The Regimientia de Madrid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one of the soldiers say he deserted?
2. What is the name of Wellesley's temporary headquarters?
3. Who has placed Hogan and Sharpe under arrest?
4. What kind of noise interrupts Sharpe's conversation?
5. How do the Spanish provoke the French in this section?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)