|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lieutenant Gibbons ask Sharpe to surrender to him?
(a) His horse.
(b) His sword.
(c) His gun.
(d) His medals.
2. What does Hogan say the deserters gave Simmerson a reason to do?
(a) Flog innocent soldiers.
(b) Contact his cousin.
(c) Blow up the bridge.
(d) Frame Sharpe.
3. What do Sharpe and his men now have the materials to do at the end of the chapter?
(a) Help the wounded.
(b) Set up camp.
(c) Defeat the French.
(d) Fix the bridge.
4. What kind of noise interrupts Sharpe's conversation?
(a) A baby's cry
(b) A woman's scream.
(c) A banshee's howl.
(d) A man's scream..
5. What does Harper use to clean out Sharpe's wound?
6. What does Harper throw to Pendleton?
(a) His Bible.
(b) His pack.
(c) His sword.
(d) His rifle.
7. Whose footbeats ring on the flagstones at the beginning of Chapter Eleven?
(a) The 97th Riflemen.
(b) The French Guards.
(c) The South Essex Troops.
(d) The Coldstone Guards.
8. What does Sharpe offer to Josefina?
(a) His quarters.
(b) Some money.
(d) His jacket.
9. Of what does the author say many will die in the days ahead?
10. In which city did Josefina meet Gibbons?
11. With whom is Sharpe looking forward to spending the night in Chapter Twelve?
12. Simmerson tells Sharpe he comes from where?
(a) The gutter.
(b) The orphanage.
(c) A common home.
(d) The sewers.
13. To what rank does Wellesey promote Sharpe?
14. Tthe French eagles are mounted on top of what?
15. Why does Harper go to the river in this section?
(a) To swim.
(b) To fish.
(c) To bathe.
(d) To wash his clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sharpe's regiment?
2. What is the name of the Spanish forces?
3. What does Harper say to start the British charge?
4. The young woman's horse has problems with what?
5. Who goes with Sharpe and Hogan to help Josefina?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)