|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the walls of Badajoz reinforced?
(a) With ravelins and a glacis.
(b) With steel girders.
(c) With a wooden stockade.
(d) With concrete pilings.
2. Who is selected for the assault on the dam?
(a) The fifth cavalry.
(b) Hakeswill's platoon.
(c) Somerset's marines.
(d) Sharpe's old company.
3. What do the British decide they must do with the flooded plain?
(b) Float across it on rafts.
(c) Avoid it.
(d) Drain it.
4. Who does Sharpe suspect of stealing?
5. With what are the men Sharpe leads into the battle with the French armed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are emplaced against two of the bastions?
2. What is Sharpe's assignment at the beginning of the assault on Badajoz?
3. What fills the ditch?
4. Who captures one of the bastions?
5. What does Hakeswill confiscate of Harper's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the British troops do after the weather clears in Chapter 17 and what do they decide about the plain?
2. How is Badajoz finally taken?
3. What is Robert Knowles doing at the beginning of the attack and who does he think about when planning his actions?
4. How are the French able to kill so many of the British, what does that cause and how does Sharpe feel as he watches?
5. Why do the British delay the assault one more day in Chapter 23?
6. Where is the British forces camped in relation to Badajoz and what do Sharpe and Harper think will be the only way to assault the city?
7. What does Harper do after Sharpe retreats from the dam? What do they find out?
8. What do the British forces begin to do when they arrive at Badajoz and what makes their tasks more difficult?
9. What is Sharpe doing at the beginning of the assault on Badajoz?
10. What does Sharpe say when Hogan informs him of the plan for the dam and what is the plan?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)