|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rymer do when the French attack in Chapter 13?
(a) Sends his men in the wrong direction.
(b) Goes on the offense.
(d) Sets up a reasonable defense.
2. What does Wellington decide as the assault falters in Chapter 24?
(a) To retreat and start again the next day.
(b) To pull out.
(c) To lead the assault himself.
(d) To commit his final reserves.
3. What do the French do when the British attack?
(a) Breaks up the ditches the British have dug.
(b) Pushes them into a mined area.
(c) Turn on them.
4. What does Sharpe do when he reaches the dam?
(a) Takes charge of the company.
(b) Yells at Rymer.
(c) Tells his men to retreat.
(d) Slaps Rymer to snap him out of his problems.
5. How is the entire first forlorn hope killed?
(a) The French shoot all of them.
(b) They are mowed down with cannon fire.
(c) A wall falls on them.
(d) A massive mine explodes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the ditch?
2. What does Hakeswill confiscate of Harper's?
3. What type of action is Knowles leading?
4. Where is Badajoz located?
5. Where is Teresa's family's house located in Badajoz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the British troops do after the weather clears in Chapter 17 and what do they decide about the plain?
2. What do the British forces begin to do when they arrive at Badajoz and what makes their tasks more difficult?
3. Describe the fortifications of Badajoz.
4. What does Windham do to Harper and what do Harper and Sharpe talk about before the event?
5. How is Badajoz finally taken?
6. What happens to Sharpe as he retreats from the dam?
7. What is foreshadowed in Sharpe's humiliation of Hakeswill?
8. Why does Wellington decide Badajoz has to be taken immediately?
9. At first, what does Sharpe do while the British are dealing with the Rivillas Stream?
10. Where does Teresa's family live in Badajoz?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)