|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wellington decide as the assault falters in Chapter 24?
(a) To lead the assault himself.
(b) To retreat and start again the next day.
(c) To pull out.
(d) To commit his final reserves.
2. Who does Sharpe suspect of stealing?
3. Where does Sharpe lead his men?
(a) Near the breach on the right.
(b) To the back of the hills.
(c) Near the breach on the left.
(d) To the new center breach.
4. What is the force going to the dam supposed to do?
(a) Set explosive charges.
(b) Kill the company guarding the dam.
(c) Dig through the dike.
(d) Unleash the gates.
5. Where is Badajoz located?
(a) Near the center of Portugal.
(b) The southern roadway from Portugal to Spain.
(c) The northern part of France.
(d) On the Turkey peninsula.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Rivillas Stream dammed?
2. What has Sharpe been doing under Hogan's command?
3. What does Sharpe do after setting the charges?
4. Who is selected for the assault on the dam?
5. What are emplaced against two of the bastions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the French able to kill so many of the British, what does that cause and how does Sharpe feel as he watches?
2. What is foreshadowed in Sharpe's humiliation of Hakeswill?
3. What do the British forces begin to do when they arrive at Badajoz and what makes their tasks more difficult?
4. Why do the British delay the assault one more day in Chapter 23?
5. What is Hakeswill doing while the British prepare for the assault of Badajoz and what do the men think about him?
6. Why does Windham realize he made a mistake and what does he do to mitigate it?
7. What does Sharpe find when he returns to the baggage train, why is Windham angry and what is the conclusion about the incident?
8. How is Badajoz finally taken?
9. What does Sharpe say when Hogan informs him of the plan for the dam and what is the plan?
10. What does Rymer do when the French mount a sortie while Sharpe is watching the digging? What are the French trying to do and what is the British response? What does Sharpe do?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)