|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lawford appear when Sharpe comes upon him while going into the city?
(b) He is dead.
(c) He has a minor injury.
(d) He has a cut on his head that is bleeding.
2. Why is Sharpe's back heavily scarred?
(a) From smallpox.
(b) From a flogging.
(c) He was hit with shrapnel.
(d) It isn't scarred.
3. To what rank has Sharpe been gazetted?
(a) Sergeant Major.
4. What type of fire do the French do with their cannons?
(a) Cross fire.
(b) Sporadic and scattered.
(c) Straight forward.
(d) Overlapping and enfilading fire.
5. What does Teresa look like?
(a) Small and blond.
(b) Tall with red hair.
(c) Ordinary with a nice smile.
(d) Dark haired and beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What non-soldiers does the Army allow to travel with the baggage train?
2. With whom has Sharpe begun a new romance in England?
3. What relationship does Sharpe think about when with Teresa?
4. How long has Leroy known Sharpe?
5. When does the assault on Ciudad Rodrigo begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who reports to Sharpe when reinforcements arrive for the battalion, what mistake does he make and what does he do after he is corrected?
2. What is Sharpe's new assignment he receives from Windham and what does he ask Windham? How does Windham respond?
3. What is Sharpe's rank in Chapter 1 and what is the ambiguity surrounding his rank?
4. How does the assault on Ciudad Rodrigo seem to the British at first?
5. What siege does Sharpe participate in at the beginning of Chapter 1 and how does he pass his time when not fighting?
6. What happens to Sharpe's and Teresa's relationship when the army leaves for Badajoz? Where will Teresa be staying in Badajoz? Upon what is she counting on from Sharpe?
7. Why is Sharpe worried following the siege of Ciudad Rodrigo in Chapter 5?
8. Who does Sharpe see in the new replacements that throws him off and what happens when he sees that person? How does he feel about the encounter?
9. Why might Badajoz be difficult to capture? Has anyone ever tried to capture it?
10. What guerrilla rider approaches Sharpe and what does she tell him? What does she look like?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)