|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe see as he wanders Ciudad Rodrigo that the British soldiers are doing?
(a) Killing children.
(b) Handing out food to the residents.
(c) Mass rape and pillage.
(d) Burning houses.
2. What does Matthews present to Sharpe?
(a) His troops.
(b) His second in command.
(c) The new company commander.
(d) His credentials.
3. What does Hogan think about the comparison between Ciudad Rodrigo and Badajoz?
(a) He doesn't compare the two.
(b) Badajoz will be much worse.
(c) Badajoz will be about the same.
(d) Badajoz will be easier.
4. Why is Sharpe worried about his status with his company?
(a) He has angered the men.
(b) He will be sent to another company as a captain.
(c) Some of the men think he's a thief.
(d) He won't be allowed to retain command.
5. What is Sharpe looking for as he wanders Ciudad Rodrigo?
(a) A drink.
(b) A woman.
(c) A new horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Hakeswill's skin and eyes yellow?
2. Why is Sharpe's back heavily scarred?
3. What is Badajoz' size in relationship to Ciudad Rodrigo?
4. What does Teresa look like?
5. What does Hakeswill do when Teresa enters the stables?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of obstacle does the River Guadiana pose for the British and how do they surmount it?
2. What guerrilla rider approaches Sharpe and what does she tell him? What does she look like?
3. What does Sharpe discuss with Lawford and what does Lawford tell him?
4. What do Hogan and Sharpe discuss when they get together and what is Hogan's opinion of taking Badajoz?
5. What do Sharpe and Hogan discuss when they see each other in Chapter 1?
6. Why is Sharpe worried following the siege of Ciudad Rodrigo in Chapter 5?
7. What does Teresa ask Sharpe about during sex?
8. What does Sharpe do with his guerrilla friend?
9. Who reports to Sharpe when reinforcements arrive for the battalion, what mistake does he make and what does he do after he is corrected?
10. What siege does Sharpe participate in at the beginning of Chapter 1 and how does he pass his time when not fighting?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)