|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hakeswill do when Teresa enters the stables?
(a) Corners her with his bayonet.
(b) Watches her from the shadows.
(c) Talks to her in a lewd manner.
2. What does Matthews present to Sharpe?
(a) The new company commander.
(b) His troops.
(c) His credentials.
(d) His second in command.
3. How many times have the British attempted to take Badajoz?
4. During the American Revolutionary War with whom did Leroy's father fight?
(d) He fought with the American Indians.
5. What difficulty does Teresa's child have?
(a) She can't walk.
(b) She is developmentally slow.
(c) She is seriously ill.
(d) She stutters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is presumed about the British and taking Badajoz?
2. What is Lawford's status in British society?
3. What has stalled Sharpe's promotion?
4. When does the assault on Ciudad Rodrigo begin?
5. Where are the French guns located by the breach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sharpe's back scarred?
2. What happens in Chapter 1 when night falls and what does Lawford send Sharpe and his company to do?
3. What is Sharpe's rank in Chapter 1 and what is the ambiguity surrounding his rank?
4. What kind of obstacle does the River Guadiana pose for the British and how do they surmount it?
5. What do Sharpe and Hogan discuss when they see each other in Chapter 1?
6. What does Sharpe do with his guerrilla friend?
7. Who reports to Sharpe when reinforcements arrive for the battalion, what mistake does he make and what does he do after he is corrected?
8. What siege does Sharpe participate in at the beginning of Chapter 1 and how does he pass his time when not fighting?
9. What guerrilla rider approaches Sharpe and what does she tell him? What does she look like?
10. What does Teresa ask Sharpe about during sex?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)