|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sharpe's assignment at the beginning of the assault on Badajoz?
(a) Guiding forward units into their assault position.
(b) Running errands for Windham.
(c) Scaling the northern tower.
(d) Throwing hay into the ditch.
2. What does Sharpe do when he gets to his old company?
(a) Slaps Rymer to get him moving.
(b) Finds Harper.
(c) Finds Hakeswill.
(d) Rallies the men.
3. About what is Sharpe questioned at the war council?
(a) Where the French are located.
(b) Why the attack on the dam failed.
(c) How to scale the northern wall.
(d) His judgment on the breaches.
4. Where are six external fortresses placed in Badajoz?
(a) Around the center of the city.
(b) Near the western gates.
(c) Around the city at strategic points.
(d) Near the eastern edge.
5. What do the French do when the British attack?
(a) Turn on them.
(b) Pushes them into a mined area.
(d) Breaks up the ditches the British have dug.
6. What happens when the charges blow at the dam?
(a) Nothing, it was enough explosives.
(b) Half the dam is taken away.
(c) A small crack appears in the dam.
(d) The dam blows up.
7. Why does Windham dispatch Sharpe to the dam?
(a) To help ward off some of the defenders.
(b) To take dry powder to the dam.
(c) To be near when the dam blows.
(d) To find out what's going on with the demolition team.
8. What does Knowles intend to do with his orders?
(a) Actually carry out the assault.
(b) Pretend to want to scale the citadel.
(d) Pretend to be fighting.
9. What type of action is Knowles leading?
(a) A flanking action.
(b) A cavalry action.
(c) An assault on a breach.
(d) A diversionary one.
10. What does Sharpe say when Hogan tells him of the plan for assaulting the dam?
(a) The plan is too complicated.
(b) It will work great.
(c) He doesn't have an opinion.
(d) It is too simple.
11. Who captures one of the bastions?
(a) A British assault force.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) Sharpe's company.
(d) No one.
12. What does Windham give Harper?
(a) A gold piece.
(b) A new horse.
(c) A new uniform.
(d) His watch.
13. What has been stolen of Windham's?
(a) His spare boots.
(b) The portrait of his wife.
(c) His spare uniform.
(d) His sword.
14. Who does Sharpe suspect of stealing?
15. What does Sharpe do when he reaches the dam?
(a) Tells his men to retreat.
(b) Takes charge of the company.
(c) Slaps Rymer to snap him out of his problems.
(d) Yells at Rymer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the British forces begin to do when they arrive at Badajoz?
2. What happens when Sharpe goes forward to watch the digging in Chapter 12?
3. How is the entire first forlorn hope killed?
4. What is the force going to the dam supposed to do?
5. What does Sharpe order the men to do when the French attack?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)