|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Teresa's family's house located in Badajoz?
(a) Near the governor's mansion.
(b) On the eastern edge.
(c) At the center of the city.
(d) Near the northern wall.
2. What does Hakeswill spend his time thinking about during the assault preparations?
(a) Killing Hogan.
(b) Killing Wellington.
(c) Raping Windham's wife.
(d) Raping Teresa.
3. What does Sharpe do after setting the charges?
(a) He pushes on to the fortress.
(b) He returns to Windham.
(c) He retreats.
(d) He hides in the boulders near the dam.
4. What do the French do when the British attack?
(a) Pushes them into a mined area.
(b) Turn on them.
(d) Breaks up the ditches the British have dug.
5. Why does Windham dispatch Sharpe to the dam?
(a) To help ward off some of the defenders.
(b) To be near when the dam blows.
(c) To take dry powder to the dam.
(d) To find out what's going on with the demolition team.
6. What do the British forces begin to do when they arrive at Badajoz?
(a) Digging under the southern wall.
(b) Digging parallels and approaches.
(c) Setting up a fire line.
(d) Setting up catapults.
7. Why are the men of Sharpe's old company not doing their job?
(a) Rymer is too indecisive.
(b) Rymer forgot the plan.
(c) They are finished with their part of the operation.
(d) They have killed all the defenders.
8. What causes the first assault wave to falter in Chapter 24?
(a) The French cavalry.
(b) Heavy rain coming down.
(c) The breach being filled by the French.
(d) The huge number of casualties.
9. Where are six external fortresses placed in Badajoz?
(a) Near the eastern edge.
(b) Around the city at strategic points.
(c) Around the center of the city.
(d) Near the western gates.
10. Why are Sharpe and Harper concerned about Teresa?
(a) That she is held a prisoner.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That Hakeswill wants to kill her.
(d) That she won't be safe during the battle.
11. What does Windham realize as he watches the maneuvers at the dam?
(a) It is too wet for the charges to go off.
(b) The demolition team has botched its job.
(c) The dam will blow any minute.
(d) There are more defenders than thought.
12. What do the British do when the weather clears in Chapter 17?
(a) Begin digging again.
(b) Assault the walls.
(c) Set up a dry camp.
(d) Clean their gear.
13. What does Wellington decide as the assault falters in Chapter 24?
(a) To retreat and start again the next day.
(b) To lead the assault himself.
(c) To pull out.
(d) To commit his final reserves.
14. What does Hakeswill begin to do that makes him appear insane?
(a) Crawling on his belly for no reason.
(b) Talking to the animals.
(c) Staring into his shako and speaking to it.
(d) Jerking his arms for no apparent reason.
15. What does Sharpe do when he gets to his old company?
(a) Finds Hakeswill.
(b) Rallies the men.
(c) Finds Harper.
(d) Slaps Rymer to get him moving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rymer do when the French attack in Chapter 13?
2. What action by Rymer does Sharpe stop after the dam mission?
3. What does Windham realize about punishing Harper?
4. What do the walls of Badajoz have on them?
5. What has been stolen of Windham's?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)