|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the British do when the weather clears in Chapter 17?
(a) Assault the walls.
(b) Set up a dry camp.
(c) Clean their gear.
(d) Begin digging again.
2. How do the two diversionary attacks end up?
(a) As failures.
(b) They are half successful.
(d) They are all killed.
3. What are emplaced against two of the bastions?
(a) Siege cannons.
(b) Buttress cannons.
(d) Scaling ladders.
4. What does Rymer do when the French attack in Chapter 13?
(a) Goes on the offense.
(b) Sets up a reasonable defense.
(d) Sends his men in the wrong direction.
5. What has been stolen of Windham's?
(a) The portrait of his wife.
(b) His spare boots.
(c) His sword.
(d) His spare uniform.
6. What does Sharpe say when Hogan tells him of the plan for assaulting the dam?
(a) The plan is too complicated.
(b) It is too simple.
(c) It will work great.
(d) He doesn't have an opinion.
7. With what are the men Sharpe leads into the battle with the French armed?
8. Where do Sharpe and his men assemble prior to their assault?
(a) On the hill.
(b) By the wall to the left of the breach.
(c) In front of the breach.
(d) In the ditch.
9. Where is Sharpe assigned following the mission at the dam?
(a) The baggage train.
(b) Hakeswill's squad.
(c) Hogan's command.
(d) He stays with Windham.
10. How do the assembled men feel about Harper's punishment?
11. What do the French do when the British attack?
(a) Breaks up the ditches the British have dug.
(b) Turn on them.
(c) Pushes them into a mined area.
12. How is Sharpe detailed during the attack on the bastions?
(a) Windham's aide-de-camp.
(b) Artillery officer.
(c) Assult captain.
(d) Company commander.
13. What causes the first assault wave to falter in Chapter 24?
(a) The huge number of casualties.
(b) The breach being filled by the French.
(c) Heavy rain coming down.
(d) The French cavalry.
14. What do the walls of Badajoz have on them?
(b) Iron pikes.
(c) Jagged rocks.
(d) Barbed wire.
15. What happens when the charges blow at the dam?
(a) Nothing, it was enough explosives.
(b) Half the dam is taken away.
(c) A small crack appears in the dam.
(d) The dam blows up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Sharpe and Harper concerned about Teresa?
2. What does Hakeswill begin to do that makes him appear insane?
3. Why does Wellington call a council of war?
4. Why are the men of Sharpe's old company not doing their job?
5. What does Sharpe do when he reaches the dam?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)