|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the British do when the weather clears in Chapter 17?
(a) Clean their gear.
(b) Assault the walls.
(c) Begin digging again.
(d) Set up a dry camp.
2. Why was the Rivillas Stream dammed?
(a) To water the crops on the west side.
(b) To make rice paddies.
(c) To flood an expanse east of the city.
(d) To provide drinking water for the city.
3. What does Sharpe order the men to do when the French attack?
(a) Sends them into the middle of the French.
(b) Orders them back.
(c) Has them make a stand in the ditch.
4. What does Sharpe find when he returns to the baggage area?
(a) Harper is drunk.
(b) Two packs are missing.
(c) Someone has broken into some of the packs.
(d) The mules' paniers are strewed about the ground.
5. Who is selected for the assault on the dam?
(a) Somerset's marines.
(b) The fifth cavalry.
(c) Sharpe's old company.
(d) Hakeswill's platoon.
6. Where is Teresa's family's house located in Badajoz?
(a) Near the governor's mansion.
(b) Near the northern wall.
(c) At the center of the city.
(d) On the eastern edge.
7. What has been stolen of Windham's?
(a) His spare boots.
(b) His spare uniform.
(c) His sword.
(d) The portrait of his wife.
8. What does Wellington decide as the assault falters in Chapter 24?
(a) To retreat and start again the next day.
(b) To pull out.
(c) To commit his final reserves.
(d) To lead the assault himself.
9. Why are the men of Sharpe's old company not doing their job?
(a) They have killed all the defenders.
(b) Rymer forgot the plan.
(c) They are finished with their part of the operation.
(d) Rymer is too indecisive.
10. What does Harper find for Sharpe?
(a) A field dressing.
(b) A nurse.
(c) Medical assistance.
(d) A stretcher.
11. For what does Sharpe ask permission?
(a) To return to his company.
(b) To lead the forlorn hope.
(c) To command the reserve company.
(d) To promote Harper.
12. What is one of the most deadly setups the French have?
(a) The arrow loops in the wall.
(b) The French defensive interlocking fire.
(c) The mines in the ditch.
(d) The long range artillery.
13. What is Sharpe's assignment at the beginning of the assault on Badajoz?
(a) Throwing hay into the ditch.
(b) Scaling the northern tower.
(c) Running errands for Windham.
(d) Guiding forward units into their assault position.
14. What happens when Sharpe goes forward to watch the digging in Chapter 12?
(a) He finds Harper.
(b) Two men jump him.
(c) A wall collapses.
(d) A French sortie comes out.
15. What does Windham realize about punishing Harper?
(a) It was a mistake.
(b) It should have been done in private.
(c) It was the right thing to do.
(d) It got the men ready for battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knowles intend to do with his orders?
2. Where do Sharpe and his men assemble prior to their assault?
3. How is the entire first forlorn hope killed?
4. Why is Sharpe summoned to his old company?
5. With what type of gun does Harper think Sharpe was shot?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)