|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe say when Hogan tells him of the plan for assaulting the dam?
(a) The plan is too complicated.
(b) He doesn't have an opinion.
(c) It will work great.
(d) It is too simple.
2. What does Sharpe order the men to do when the French attack?
(b) Sends them into the middle of the French.
(c) Has them make a stand in the ditch.
(d) Orders them back.
3. Why are Sharpe and Harper concerned about Teresa?
(a) That Hakeswill wants to kill her.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is held a prisoner.
(d) That she won't be safe during the battle.
4. What is the force going to the dam supposed to do?
(a) Unleash the gates.
(b) Dig through the dike.
(c) Set explosive charges.
(d) Kill the company guarding the dam.
5. What makes the British tasks more difficult?
(a) The French running sorties.
(b) Rocky ground.
(c) Constant rain and thick mud.
(d) The thick trees.
6. Where are six external fortresses placed in Badajoz?
(a) Near the eastern edge.
(b) Around the city at strategic points.
(c) Around the center of the city.
(d) Near the western gates.
7. Who is selected for the assault on the dam?
(a) Somerset's marines.
(b) Sharpe's old company.
(c) Hakeswill's platoon.
(d) The fifth cavalry.
8. Why was the Rivillas Stream dammed?
(a) To water the crops on the west side.
(b) To make rice paddies.
(c) To provide drinking water for the city.
(d) To flood an expanse east of the city.
9. What does Hakeswill spend his time thinking about during the assault preparations?
(a) Killing Hogan.
(b) Raping Windham's wife.
(c) Killing Wellington.
(d) Raping Teresa.
10. Why are the men of Sharpe's old company not doing their job?
(a) Rymer forgot the plan.
(b) They have killed all the defenders.
(c) Rymer is too indecisive.
(d) They are finished with their part of the operation.
11. What do the British learn in Chapter 23 that makes them delay the assault for a day?
(a) A weak spot in the curtain wall.
(b) The Spanish are coming to help.
(c) A company of sappers is on their way.
(d) Rain coming that night.
12. Who does Sharpe suspect of stealing?
13. What does Harper find for Sharpe?
(a) A field dressing.
(b) A stretcher.
(c) Medical assistance.
(d) A nurse.
14. How is the entire first forlorn hope killed?
(a) They are mowed down with cannon fire.
(b) The French shoot all of them.
(c) A massive mine explodes.
(d) A wall falls on them.
15. What is Sharpe's assignment at the beginning of the assault on Badajoz?
(a) Scaling the northern tower.
(b) Throwing hay into the ditch.
(c) Running errands for Windham.
(d) Guiding forward units into their assault position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most deadly setups the French have?
2. How is Sharpe detailed during the attack on the bastions?
3. With what type of gun does Harper think Sharpe was shot?
4. What do the British decide they must do with the flooded plain?
5. How does Knowles base his conduct during the assault?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)