|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hakeswill begin to do that makes him appear insane?
(a) Talking to the animals.
(b) Crawling on his belly for no reason.
(c) Jerking his arms for no apparent reason.
(d) Staring into his shako and speaking to it.
2. How does the British mount an attack on the dam?
(a) Across the Rivillas Stream.
(b) Through the flooded plain.
(c) Down the River Guadiana.
(d) From the hills on the east side.
3. What has Sharpe been doing under Hogan's command?
(a) As a tactics adviser.
(b) Working as a scout.
(c) As an aide-de-camp.
(d) Commanding a company.
4. What does Sharpe order the men to do when the French attack?
(a) Has them make a stand in the ditch.
(b) Orders them back.
(c) Sends them into the middle of the French.
5. How are the walls of Badajoz reinforced?
(a) With steel girders.
(b) With concrete pilings.
(c) With a wooden stockade.
(d) With ravelins and a glacis.
6. What action by Rymer does Sharpe stop after the dam mission?
(a) Folding the green coats into the company.
(b) Blaming Sharpe for the failure of the mission.
(c) Killing Hakeswill.
(d) Demoting Harper.
7. With what are the men Sharpe leads into the battle with the French armed?
8. What do the British decide they must do with the flooded plain?
(b) Drain it.
(c) Avoid it.
(d) Float across it on rafts.
9. What does Windham give Harper?
(a) A gold piece.
(b) His watch.
(c) A new horse.
(d) A new uniform.
10. What does Harper find for Sharpe?
(a) Medical assistance.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A field dressing.
(d) A stretcher.
11. What do the British do with the captured bastion?
(a) Set up more siege cannons.
(b) Set up more scaling ladders.
(c) Put in more catpults.
(d) Set up more buttress cannons.
12. What are emplaced against two of the bastions?
(b) Scaling ladders.
(c) Buttress cannons.
(d) Siege cannons.
13. What does Sharpe find when he returns to the baggage area?
(a) The mules' paniers are strewed about the ground.
(b) Someone has broken into some of the packs.
(c) Harper is drunk.
(d) Two packs are missing.
14. What does Sharpe say when Hogan tells him of the plan for assaulting the dam?
(a) He doesn't have an opinion.
(b) It is too simple.
(c) The plan is too complicated.
(d) It will work great.
15. Why are the men of Sharpe's old company not doing their job?
(a) Rymer forgot the plan.
(b) They have killed all the defenders.
(c) Rymer is too indecisive.
(d) They are finished with their part of the operation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Knowles base his conduct during the assault?
2. What does Sharpe do when he reaches the dam?
3. What fills the ditch?
4. What do the British forces begin to do when they arrive at Badajoz?
5. How is the entire first forlorn hope killed?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)