|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fills the ditch?
(b) Muskrat balls.
(d) Dead bodies.
2. With what type of gun does Harper think Sharpe was shot?
(a) An old muskrat.
(b) A pistol.
(c) The seven-barrel gun.
(d) A rifle.
3. Why was the Rivillas Stream dammed?
(a) To provide drinking water for the city.
(b) To water the crops on the west side.
(c) To make rice paddies.
(d) To flood an expanse east of the city.
4. What is in the very center of Badajoz?
(a) A huge cathedral.
(b) A statue of Napoleon.
(c) The governor's mansion.
(d) Six fortresses.
5. How are the walls of Badajoz reinforced?
(a) With a wooden stockade.
(b) With ravelins and a glacis.
(c) With concrete pilings.
(d) With steel girders.
6. What are emplaced against two of the bastions?
(b) Scaling ladders.
(c) Siege cannons.
(d) Buttress cannons.
7. What does Harper find for Sharpe?
(a) Medical assistance.
(b) A stretcher.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A field dressing.
8. What does Sharpe conclude after seeing the ball from his leg?
(a) He was shot by the French.
(b) He was shot by the Spanish.
(c) He was shot by an English rifle.
(d) He was shot by Hakeswill.
9. What is Sharpe's assignment at the beginning of the assault on Badajoz?
(a) Scaling the northern tower.
(b) Throwing hay into the ditch.
(c) Guiding forward units into their assault position.
(d) Running errands for Windham.
10. What does Hakeswill confiscate of Harper's?
(a) His rifle.
(b) His seven-barrel gun.
(c) His horse.
(d) His bayonet.
11. What protects the northern side of Badajoz?
(a) A heavy forest.
(b) A swamp.
(c) The River Guadiana and the Rivillas Stream.
(d) The Mediterranean Sea.
12. What does Sharpe say when Hogan tells him of the plan for assaulting the dam?
(a) The plan is too complicated.
(b) It will work great.
(c) He doesn't have an opinion.
(d) It is too simple.
13. Where does Sharpe lead his men?
(a) To the back of the hills.
(b) Near the breach on the left.
(c) Near the breach on the right.
(d) To the new center breach.
14. What does Hakeswill begin to do that makes him appear insane?
(a) Staring into his shako and speaking to it.
(b) Talking to the animals.
(c) Jerking his arms for no apparent reason.
(d) Crawling on his belly for no reason.
15. Why does Windham dispatch Sharpe to the dam?
(a) To find out what's going on with the demolition team.
(b) To help ward off some of the defenders.
(c) To be near when the dam blows.
(d) To take dry powder to the dam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Sharpe been doing under Hogan's command?
2. What does Sharpe do when he gets to his old company?
3. Why does Wellington believe he must take Badajoz immediately?
4. How is the entire first forlorn hope killed?
5. Who does Sharpe suspect of stealing?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)