Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the charges blow at the dam?
(a) Half the dam is taken away.
(b) A small crack appears in the dam.
(c) The dam blows up.
(d) Nothing, it was enough explosives.
2. Who captures one of the bastions?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) A British assault force.
(c) No one.
(d) Sharpe's company.
3. Who is selected for the assault on the dam?
(a) Hakeswill's platoon.
(b) Somerset's marines.
(c) Sharpe's old company.
(d) The fifth cavalry.
4. Why does Windham dispatch Sharpe to the dam?
(a) To be near when the dam blows.
(b) To find out what's going on with the demolition team.
(c) To take dry powder to the dam.
(d) To help ward off some of the defenders.
5. Why is Sharpe summoned to his old company?
(a) Rymer has been killed.
(b) Harper has been injured.
(c) Hakeswill has disappeared.
(d) Rymer has frozen up.
6. Where is Badajoz located?
(a) The northern part of France.
(b) The southern roadway from Portugal to Spain.
(c) Near the center of Portugal.
(d) On the Turkey peninsula.
7. With what type of gun does Harper think Sharpe was shot?
(a) A rifle.
(b) An old muskrat.
(c) A pistol.
(d) The seven-barrel gun.
8. How does Knowles base his conduct during the assault?
(a) He is creative and sends his men to strange places.
(b) On what is the most honorable thing to do.
(c) He's a by the book officer.
(d) On what he believes Sharpe would do.
9. Why might there be massive British casualties when assaulting Badajoz?
(a) There is so much artillery.
(b) The French have excellent rifle companies on the walls.
(c) The only approach is channeled, dense and predictable.
(d) There is no way to breach the walls.
10. What does Sharpe say when Hogan tells him of the plan for assaulting the dam?
(a) It is too simple.
(b) He doesn't have an opinion.
(c) It will work great.
(d) The plan is too complicated.
11. What type of action is Knowles leading?
(a) A diversionary one.
(b) An assault on a breach.
(c) A cavalry action.
(d) A flanking action.
12. What does Sharpe order the men to do when the French attack?
(a) Has them make a stand in the ditch.
(c) Orders them back.
(d) Sends them into the middle of the French.
13. Why does Wellington launch two suicidal attacks?
(a) To make the French know he is serious.
(b) To kill off some undesirables.
(c) To take the citadel.
(d) To pin down the French defenders.
14. What does Windham realize about punishing Harper?
(a) It should have been done in private.
(b) It was the right thing to do.
(c) It was a mistake.
(d) It got the men ready for battle.
15. What does Hakeswill confiscate of Harper's?
(a) His horse.
(b) His rifle.
(c) His bayonet.
(d) His seven-barrel gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are emplaced against two of the bastions?
2. What has Sharpe been doing under Hogan's command?
3. How is Sharpe detailed during the attack on the bastions?
4. What does Hakeswill spend his time thinking about during the assault preparations?
5. What does Sharpe conclude after seeing the ball from his leg?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)