|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Badajoz located?
(a) The southern roadway from Portugal to Spain.
(b) The northern part of France.
(c) On the Turkey peninsula.
(d) Near the center of Portugal.
2. Why does Wellington believe he must take Badajoz immediately?
(a) Winter is coming.
(b) The French begin to march on Ciudad Rodrigo.
(c) The French are marching towards the English Chanel.
(d) The Spanish are marching to Badajoz.
3. What guards the dam across the Rivillas Stream?
(a) A line of artillery.
(b) A large fortress.
(c) A mined moat.
(d) French cavalry.
4. Why are Sharpe and Harper concerned about Teresa?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she won't be safe during the battle.
(c) That Hakeswill wants to kill her.
(d) That she is held a prisoner.
5. What does Windham give Harper?
(a) A new horse.
(b) His watch.
(c) A gold piece.
(d) A new uniform.
6. What does Sharpe say when Hogan tells him of the plan for assaulting the dam?
(a) It is too simple.
(b) The plan is too complicated.
(c) It will work great.
(d) He doesn't have an opinion.
7. What protects the northern side of Badajoz?
(a) The River Guadiana and the Rivillas Stream.
(b) A swamp.
(c) The Mediterranean Sea.
(d) A heavy forest.
8. What does Hakeswill begin to do that makes him appear insane?
(a) Staring into his shako and speaking to it.
(b) Talking to the animals.
(c) Crawling on his belly for no reason.
(d) Jerking his arms for no apparent reason.
9. What does Hakeswill spend his time thinking about during the assault preparations?
(a) Raping Windham's wife.
(b) Raping Teresa.
(c) Killing Hogan.
(d) Killing Wellington.
10. What happens when the charges blow at the dam?
(a) Nothing, it was enough explosives.
(b) The dam blows up.
(c) A small crack appears in the dam.
(d) Half the dam is taken away.
11. What type of action is Knowles leading?
(a) An assault on a breach.
(b) A diversionary one.
(c) A flanking action.
(d) A cavalry action.
12. Why is Sharpe summoned to his old company?
(a) Rymer has been killed.
(b) Rymer has frozen up.
(c) Hakeswill has disappeared.
(d) Harper has been injured.
13. How is the entire first forlorn hope killed?
(a) The French shoot all of them.
(b) A wall falls on them.
(c) They are mowed down with cannon fire.
(d) A massive mine explodes.
14. What does Sharpe conclude after seeing the ball from his leg?
(a) He was shot by an English rifle.
(b) He was shot by the French.
(c) He was shot by Hakeswill.
(d) He was shot by the Spanish.
15. With what are the men Sharpe leads into the battle with the French armed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Windham dispatch Sharpe to the dam?
2. What attacks the protecting fortress while another force attacks the dam in Chapter 18?
3. Where does Sharpe lead his men?
4. What fills the ditch?
5. What does Windham do to Harper?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)