|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the two diversionary attacks end up?
(a) As failures.
(c) They are half successful.
(d) They are all killed.
2. Who does Sharpe suspect of stealing?
3. For what does Sharpe ask permission?
(a) To command the reserve company.
(b) To return to his company.
(c) To lead the forlorn hope.
(d) To promote Harper.
4. What does Sharpe order the men to do when the French attack?
(a) Sends them into the middle of the French.
(c) Orders them back.
(d) Has them make a stand in the ditch.
5. What does Sharpe say when Hogan tells him of the plan for assaulting the dam?
(a) It is too simple.
(b) The plan is too complicated.
(c) He doesn't have an opinion.
(d) It will work great.
6. With what type of gun does Harper think Sharpe was shot?
(a) An old muskrat.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A rifle.
(d) The seven-barrel gun.
7. What do the British do with the captured bastion?
(a) Set up more scaling ladders.
(b) Set up more siege cannons.
(c) Set up more buttress cannons.
(d) Put in more catpults.
8. What is Sharpe's assignment at the beginning of the assault on Badajoz?
(a) Guiding forward units into their assault position.
(b) Running errands for Windham.
(c) Throwing hay into the ditch.
(d) Scaling the northern tower.
9. What causes the first assault wave to falter in Chapter 24?
(a) Heavy rain coming down.
(b) The French cavalry.
(c) The breach being filled by the French.
(d) The huge number of casualties.
10. What do the men in the ditch shout as they join Sharpe in the assault?
(a) The queen's name.
(b) Napoleon's name.
(d) His name.
11. How does Knowles base his conduct during the assault?
(a) On what is the most honorable thing to do.
(b) He's a by the book officer.
(c) He is creative and sends his men to strange places.
(d) On what he believes Sharpe would do.
12. Why does Wellington launch two suicidal attacks?
(a) To kill off some undesirables.
(b) To pin down the French defenders.
(c) To make the French know he is serious.
(d) To take the citadel.
13. What has been stolen of Windham's?
(a) The portrait of his wife.
(b) His sword.
(c) His spare boots.
(d) His spare uniform.
14. How is the entire first forlorn hope killed?
(a) A massive mine explodes.
(b) The French shoot all of them.
(c) They are mowed down with cannon fire.
(d) A wall falls on them.
15. Why are the men of Sharpe's old company not doing their job?
(a) Rymer is too indecisive.
(b) Rymer forgot the plan.
(c) They are finished with their part of the operation.
(d) They have killed all the defenders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the walls of Badajoz reinforced?
2. Why are Sharpe and Harper concerned about Teresa?
3. Where is Teresa's family's house located in Badajoz?
4. What does Sharpe do when he gets to his old company?
5. What does Windham give Harper?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)