|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe order the men to do when the French attack?
(a) Sends them into the middle of the French.
(b) Has them make a stand in the ditch.
(d) Orders them back.
2. About what is Sharpe questioned at the war council?
(a) Why the attack on the dam failed.
(b) How to scale the northern wall.
(c) His judgment on the breaches.
(d) Where the French are located.
3. What does Hakeswill confiscate of Harper's?
(a) His rifle.
(b) His seven-barrel gun.
(c) His horse.
(d) His bayonet.
4. What has been stolen of Windham's?
(a) His spare uniform.
(b) His spare boots.
(c) The portrait of his wife.
(d) His sword.
5. Why does Wellington believe he must take Badajoz immediately?
(a) Winter is coming.
(b) The French begin to march on Ciudad Rodrigo.
(c) The Spanish are marching to Badajoz.
(d) The French are marching towards the English Chanel.
6. Who captures one of the bastions?
(a) A British assault force.
(b) Sharpe's company.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) No one.
7. How do the assembled men feel about Harper's punishment?
8. What do the British decide they must do with the flooded plain?
(a) Avoid it.
(c) Drain it.
(d) Float across it on rafts.
9. What do the British do when the weather clears in Chapter 17?
(a) Set up a dry camp.
(b) Begin digging again.
(c) Assault the walls.
(d) Clean their gear.
10. Why does Wellington launch two suicidal attacks?
(a) To kill off some undesirables.
(b) To make the French know he is serious.
(c) To pin down the French defenders.
(d) To take the citadel.
11. How is Sharpe detailed during the attack on the bastions?
(a) Windham's aide-de-camp.
(b) Assult captain.
(c) Artillery officer.
(d) Company commander.
12. How does Knowles base his conduct during the assault?
(a) He's a by the book officer.
(b) On what is the most honorable thing to do.
(c) On what he believes Sharpe would do.
(d) He is creative and sends his men to strange places.
13. Why does Wellington call a council of war?
(a) To make detailed plans.
(b) To promote Sharpe.
(c) To question the prisoners.
(d) To shift the army.
14. What do the French do when the British attack?
(a) Turn on them.
(b) Breaks up the ditches the British have dug.
(c) Pushes them into a mined area.
15. What are emplaced against two of the bastions?
(a) Buttress cannons.
(b) Scaling ladders.
(d) Siege cannons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Sharpe been doing under Hogan's command?
2. What do the British do with the captured bastion?
3. What does Hakeswill begin to do that makes him appear insane?
4. What does Sharpe say when Hogan tells him of the plan for assaulting the dam?
5. Why was the Rivillas Stream dammed?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)