|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knowles intend to do with his orders?
(a) Pretend to be fighting.
(b) Pretend to want to scale the citadel.
(c) Actually carry out the assault.
2. About what is Sharpe questioned at the war council?
(a) Why the attack on the dam failed.
(b) Where the French are located.
(c) How to scale the northern wall.
(d) His judgment on the breaches.
3. What does Windham do to Harper?
(a) Puts him in chains.
(b) Sentences him to a flogging.
(c) Has him beaten and court martialed.
(d) Throws him to the French.
4. What action by Rymer does Sharpe stop after the dam mission?
(a) Killing Hakeswill.
(b) Blaming Sharpe for the failure of the mission.
(c) Demoting Harper.
(d) Folding the green coats into the company.
5. What does Windham realize as he watches the maneuvers at the dam?
(a) It is too wet for the charges to go off.
(b) The dam will blow any minute.
(c) There are more defenders than thought.
(d) The demolition team has botched its job.
6. What does Sharpe conclude after seeing the ball from his leg?
(a) He was shot by the French.
(b) He was shot by the Spanish.
(c) He was shot by Hakeswill.
(d) He was shot by an English rifle.
7. How do the two diversionary attacks end up?
(a) They are all killed.
(b) They are half successful.
(d) As failures.
8. What happens when the charges blow at the dam?
(a) Half the dam is taken away.
(b) A small crack appears in the dam.
(c) Nothing, it was enough explosives.
(d) The dam blows up.
9. What makes the British tasks more difficult?
(a) Constant rain and thick mud.
(b) The thick trees.
(c) Rocky ground.
(d) The French running sorties.
10. Where is Sharpe assigned following the mission at the dam?
(a) Hogan's command.
(b) Hakeswill's squad.
(c) The baggage train.
(d) He stays with Windham.
11. Who captures one of the bastions?
(a) No one.
(b) A British assault force.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) Sharpe's company.
12. What attacks the protecting fortress while another force attacks the dam in Chapter 18?
(a) A squad of sappers.
(b) Fifteen heavy cavalry.
(c) No one attacks the fortress.
(d) A large diversionary force.
13. How does the British mount an attack on the dam?
(a) From the hills on the east side.
(b) Through the flooded plain.
(c) Down the River Guadiana.
(d) Across the Rivillas Stream.
14. Who does Sharpe suspect of stealing?
15. What do the British do with the captured bastion?
(a) Put in more catpults.
(b) Set up more siege cannons.
(c) Set up more buttress cannons.
(d) Set up more scaling ladders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harper find for Sharpe?
2. What is one of the most deadly setups the French have?
3. What do the British forces begin to do when they arrive at Badajoz?
4. Where does Sharpe lead his men?
5. Why does Windham dispatch Sharpe to the dam?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)