|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the Rivillas Stream dammed?
(a) To water the crops on the west side.
(b) To make rice paddies.
(c) To provide drinking water for the city.
(d) To flood an expanse east of the city.
2. What does Windham give Harper?
(a) A new uniform.
(b) His watch.
(c) A gold piece.
(d) A new horse.
3. What do the British do when the weather clears in Chapter 17?
(a) Assault the walls.
(b) Begin digging again.
(c) Set up a dry camp.
(d) Clean their gear.
4. What does Sharpe do when he reaches the dam?
(a) Takes charge of the company.
(b) Yells at Rymer.
(c) Slaps Rymer to snap him out of his problems.
(d) Tells his men to retreat.
5. What do the British do with the captured bastion?
(a) Put in more catpults.
(b) Set up more siege cannons.
(c) Set up more scaling ladders.
(d) Set up more buttress cannons.
6. Who is selected for the assault on the dam?
(a) Somerset's marines.
(b) Hakeswill's platoon.
(c) The fifth cavalry.
(d) Sharpe's old company.
7. Where is Sharpe assigned following the mission at the dam?
(a) The baggage train.
(b) He stays with Windham.
(c) Hogan's command.
(d) Hakeswill's squad.
8. What do the walls of Badajoz have on them?
(a) Jagged rocks.
(b) Iron pikes.
(c) Barbed wire.
9. About what is Sharpe questioned at the war council?
(a) His judgment on the breaches.
(b) Where the French are located.
(c) Why the attack on the dam failed.
(d) How to scale the northern wall.
10. Where is Badajoz located?
(a) On the Turkey peninsula.
(b) The southern roadway from Portugal to Spain.
(c) The northern part of France.
(d) Near the center of Portugal.
11. Why does Wellington call a council of war?
(a) To make detailed plans.
(b) To shift the army.
(c) To promote Sharpe.
(d) To question the prisoners.
12. Where does Sharpe lead his men?
(a) Near the breach on the left.
(b) Near the breach on the right.
(c) To the new center breach.
(d) To the back of the hills.
13. What does Knowles intend to do with his orders?
(a) Actually carry out the assault.
(b) Pretend to want to scale the citadel.
(c) Pretend to be fighting.
14. What do the British forces begin to do when they arrive at Badajoz?
(a) Setting up a fire line.
(b) Setting up catapults.
(c) Digging under the southern wall.
(d) Digging parallels and approaches.
15. What has Sharpe been doing under Hogan's command?
(a) Working as a scout.
(b) As a tactics adviser.
(c) As an aide-de-camp.
(d) Commanding a company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hakeswill confiscate of Harper's?
2. Why are the men of Sharpe's old company not doing their job?
3. For what does Sharpe ask permission?
4. What does Windham do to Harper?
5. What does Harper find for Sharpe?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)