|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Windham give Harper?
(a) A gold piece.
(b) His watch.
(c) A new uniform.
(d) A new horse.
2. What happens when the charges blow at the dam?
(a) A small crack appears in the dam.
(b) Half the dam is taken away.
(c) The dam blows up.
(d) Nothing, it was enough explosives.
3. How do the two diversionary attacks end up?
(a) They are half successful.
(c) They are all killed.
(d) As failures.
4. How does Knowles base his conduct during the assault?
(a) He is creative and sends his men to strange places.
(b) On what he believes Sharpe would do.
(c) On what is the most honorable thing to do.
(d) He's a by the book officer.
5. What does Windham realize as he watches the maneuvers at the dam?
(a) The dam will blow any minute.
(b) There are more defenders than thought.
(c) It is too wet for the charges to go off.
(d) The demolition team has botched its job.
6. What does Sharpe do after setting the charges?
(a) He retreats.
(b) He hides in the boulders near the dam.
(c) He returns to Windham.
(d) He pushes on to the fortress.
7. What do the British do when the weather clears in Chapter 17?
(a) Begin digging again.
(b) Clean their gear.
(c) Assault the walls.
(d) Set up a dry camp.
8. What do the walls of Badajoz have on them?
(a) Barbed wire.
(c) Iron pikes.
(d) Jagged rocks.
9. What does Sharpe do when he gets to his old company?
(a) Slaps Rymer to get him moving.
(b) Rallies the men.
(c) Finds Harper.
(d) Finds Hakeswill.
10. Where is Teresa's family's house located in Badajoz?
(a) On the eastern edge.
(b) Near the governor's mansion.
(c) At the center of the city.
(d) Near the northern wall.
11. Where is Badajoz located?
(a) The northern part of France.
(b) The southern roadway from Portugal to Spain.
(c) On the Turkey peninsula.
(d) Near the center of Portugal.
12. What does Wellington decide as the assault falters in Chapter 24?
(a) To pull out.
(b) To commit his final reserves.
(c) To retreat and start again the next day.
(d) To lead the assault himself.
13. About what is Sharpe questioned at the war council?
(a) Why the attack on the dam failed.
(b) How to scale the northern wall.
(c) His judgment on the breaches.
(d) Where the French are located.
14. Why is Sharpe summoned to his old company?
(a) Rymer has been killed.
(b) Hakeswill has disappeared.
(c) Rymer has frozen up.
(d) Harper has been injured.
15. Where are six external fortresses placed in Badajoz?
(a) Around the city at strategic points.
(b) Near the eastern edge.
(c) Near the western gates.
(d) Around the center of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe say when Hogan tells him of the plan for assaulting the dam?
2. What does Sharpe order the men to do when the French attack?
3. What has been stolen of Windham's?
4. Where do Sharpe and his men assemble prior to their assault?
5. Where is Sharpe assigned following the mission at the dam?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)