Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe do when he gets to his old company?
(a) Rallies the men.
(b) Slaps Rymer to get him moving.
(c) Finds Harper.
(d) Finds Hakeswill.
2. What do the British learn in Chapter 23 that makes them delay the assault for a day?
(a) The Spanish are coming to help.
(b) A weak spot in the curtain wall.
(c) A company of sappers is on their way.
(d) Rain coming that night.
3. What is Sharpe's assignment at the beginning of the assault on Badajoz?
(a) Throwing hay into the ditch.
(b) Guiding forward units into their assault position.
(c) Running errands for Windham.
(d) Scaling the northern tower.
4. What happens when the charges blow at the dam?
(a) A small crack appears in the dam.
(b) Nothing, it was enough explosives.
(c) Half the dam is taken away.
(d) The dam blows up.
5. About what is Sharpe questioned at the war council?
(a) Why the attack on the dam failed.
(b) How to scale the northern wall.
(c) His judgment on the breaches.
(d) Where the French are located.
6. What does Sharpe order the men to do when the French attack?
(a) Orders them back.
(c) Sends them into the middle of the French.
(d) Has them make a stand in the ditch.
7. What are emplaced against two of the bastions?
(a) Buttress cannons.
(b) Scaling ladders.
(c) Siege cannons.
8. What does Sharpe find when he returns to the baggage area?
(a) Someone has broken into some of the packs.
(b) Two packs are missing.
(c) Harper is drunk.
(d) The mules' paniers are strewed about the ground.
9. How does the British mount an attack on the dam?
(a) Through the flooded plain.
(b) Across the Rivillas Stream.
(c) From the hills on the east side.
(d) Down the River Guadiana.
10. What does Windham do to Harper?
(a) Throws him to the French.
(b) Puts him in chains.
(c) Has him beaten and court martialed.
(d) Sentences him to a flogging.
11. What action by Rymer does Sharpe stop after the dam mission?
(a) Blaming Sharpe for the failure of the mission.
(b) Folding the green coats into the company.
(c) Demoting Harper.
(d) Killing Hakeswill.
12. What do the British do when the weather clears in Chapter 17?
(a) Begin digging again.
(b) Assault the walls.
(c) Set up a dry camp.
(d) Clean their gear.
13. For what does Sharpe ask permission?
(a) To promote Harper.
(b) To lead the forlorn hope.
(c) To return to his company.
(d) To command the reserve company.
14. Why might there be massive British casualties when assaulting Badajoz?
(a) The French have excellent rifle companies on the walls.
(b) There is so much artillery.
(c) The only approach is channeled, dense and predictable.
(d) There is no way to breach the walls.
15. What fills the ditch?
(a) Muskrat balls.
(d) Dead bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Rivillas Stream dammed?
2. What does Windham realize about punishing Harper?
3. How does Knowles base his conduct during the assault?
4. What do the British do with the captured bastion?
5. Why are the men of Sharpe's old company not doing their job?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)