|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sharpe lead his men?
(a) To the new center breach.
(b) Near the breach on the right.
(c) Near the breach on the left.
(d) To the back of the hills.
2. How is Sharpe detailed during the attack on the bastions?
(a) Assult captain.
(b) Windham's aide-de-camp.
(c) Company commander.
(d) Artillery officer.
3. What does Windham give Harper?
(a) A new uniform.
(b) A new horse.
(c) His watch.
(d) A gold piece.
4. What is in the very center of Badajoz?
(a) A huge cathedral.
(b) The governor's mansion.
(c) A statue of Napoleon.
(d) Six fortresses.
5. What does Sharpe do when he reaches the dam?
(a) Takes charge of the company.
(b) Slaps Rymer to snap him out of his problems.
(c) Tells his men to retreat.
(d) Yells at Rymer.
6. How does the British mount an attack on the dam?
(a) Down the River Guadiana.
(b) Across the Rivillas Stream.
(c) From the hills on the east side.
(d) Through the flooded plain.
7. What attacks the protecting fortress while another force attacks the dam in Chapter 18?
(a) A squad of sappers.
(b) Fifteen heavy cavalry.
(c) No one attacks the fortress.
(d) A large diversionary force.
8. What protects the northern side of Badajoz?
(a) A heavy forest.
(b) The River Guadiana and the Rivillas Stream.
(c) A swamp.
(d) The Mediterranean Sea.
9. What do the British decide they must do with the flooded plain?
(a) Float across it on rafts.
(b) Avoid it.
(d) Drain it.
10. Who does Sharpe suspect of stealing?
11. What do the walls of Badajoz have on them?
(a) Jagged rocks.
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) Iron pikes.
12. With what type of gun does Harper think Sharpe was shot?
(a) A pistol.
(b) The seven-barrel gun.
(c) An old muskrat.
(d) A rifle.
13. What does Sharpe do when he gets to his old company?
(a) Rallies the men.
(b) Slaps Rymer to get him moving.
(c) Finds Harper.
(d) Finds Hakeswill.
14. What do the British learn in Chapter 23 that makes them delay the assault for a day?
(a) A weak spot in the curtain wall.
(b) Rain coming that night.
(c) A company of sappers is on their way.
(d) The Spanish are coming to help.
15. Where are six external fortresses placed in Badajoz?
(a) Near the western gates.
(b) Around the city at strategic points.
(c) Near the eastern edge.
(d) Around the center of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe order the men to do when the French attack?
2. What does Sharpe say when Hogan tells him of the plan for assaulting the dam?
3. How does Knowles base his conduct during the assault?
4. What causes the first assault wave to falter in Chapter 24?
5. What guards the dam across the Rivillas Stream?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)