|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sharpe think his future is doubtful?
(a) He was not a part of the forlorn hope.
(b) Lawford will have to be replaced.
(c) Half of his company was killed.
(d) Paperwork takes forever in the military.
2. What do Teresa and Sharpe talk about on the way to Badajoz?
(a) Her family.
(b) The French and Napoleon.
(d) Her daughter.
3. How much effort is needed for the forlorn hope to reach the base of the breach?
(a) Not much, it goes easily.
(b) The French hit them with a sortie.
(c) It was difficult but there were no casualties.
(d) Half of them are killed.
4. What does Hogan think about the comparison between Ciudad Rodrigo and Badajoz?
(a) Badajoz will be about the same.
(b) Badajoz will be easier.
(c) He doesn't compare the two.
(d) Badajoz will be much worse.
5. What is Teresa's daughter's name?
6. What do Sharpe and Harper do when they come into the stables?
(a) Jump Hakeswill.
(b) Kill Hakeswill.
(c) Nothing, the stables are empty.
(d) Pulls Teresa out.
7. Who does Leroy tell Sharpe will be arriving soon?
(a) Major Pointer.
(b) A new aide -de-camp.
(c) The new battalion commander.
8. Why is Sharpe's back heavily scarred?
(a) From smallpox.
(b) From a flogging.
(c) It isn't scarred.
(d) He was hit with shrapnel.
9. What do Hogan and Sharpe discuss as they ride to Badajoz?
(a) The French military.
(b) Strategy and tactics.
10. What was Hakeswill charged with when he was young?
(a) Sexual assault.
11. Why is Sharpe worried about his status with his company?
(a) Some of the men think he's a thief.
(b) He won't be allowed to retain command.
(c) He has angered the men.
(d) He will be sent to another company as a captain.
12. On what type of terms did Teresa and Sharpe part?
(b) Madly in love.
13. Where are the French guns located by the breach?
(a) They are turned in the opposite direction.
(b) Near the ends of the breach.
(c) To the left side.
(d) Right in the middle of it.
14. Who does Sharpe see marching towards him?
(d) Sergeant Hakeswill.
15. How do Sharpe and Lawford feel about their individual strengths?
(a) They have similar strengths.
(b) Shapre is stronger than Lawford.
(c) They complement each other.
(d) Lawford is smarter than Sharpe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sharpe and Teresa eat dinner?
2. What type of ammo are the French firing at the breach?
3. Why are Hakeswill's skin and eyes yellow?
4. To what rank has Sharpe been gazetted?
5. How long has Leroy known Sharpe?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)