|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hakeswill do when Teresa enters the stables?
(b) Corners her with his bayonet.
(c) Watches her from the shadows.
(d) Talks to her in a lewd manner.
2. What does Matthews present to Sharpe?
(a) His credentials.
(b) The new company commander.
(c) His troops.
(d) His second in command.
3. When did Hakeswill join the army?
(a) When he was young.
(b) When he was middle aged.
(c) When he was drafted.
(d) When a judge ordered him to join.
4. What is Teresa's daughter's name?
5. What does Lawford tell Sharpe about his assignment?
(a) He is being transferred to the baggage train.
(b) He will be his aide-de-camp.
(c) He will command his company.
(d) He will lead the forlorn hope.
6. What are the British soldiers doing in Ciudad Rodrigo after they enter it?
(a) Taking French prisoners.
(b) Burning it.
(c) Pillaging it.
7. What does Hogan think about the comparison between Ciudad Rodrigo and Badajoz?
(a) Badajoz will be much worse.
(b) He doesn't compare the two.
(c) Badajoz will be easier.
(d) Badajoz will be about the same.
8. How much effort is needed for the forlorn hope to reach the base of the breach?
(a) It was difficult but there were no casualties.
(b) Half of them are killed.
(c) The French hit them with a sortie.
(d) Not much, it goes easily.
9. Where are the French guns located by the breach?
(a) They are turned in the opposite direction.
(b) To the left side.
(c) Near the ends of the breach.
(d) Right in the middle of it.
10. To what rank has Sharpe been gazetted?
(a) Sergeant Major.
11. Why does Sharpe think his future is doubtful?
(a) Half of his company was killed.
(b) Lawford will have to be replaced.
(c) He was not a part of the forlorn hope.
(d) Paperwork takes forever in the military.
12. Why are Hakeswill's skin and eyes yellow?
(a) He has liver disease.
(b) They aren't yellow.
(c) Past bouts with fever.
(d) He smokes too many cigarettes.
13. How long has it been since Sharpe has seen Teresa?
(a) Almost two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) About a year.
(d) Three years.
14. What would the capture of Badajoz do for the British?
(a) Put them on a navigable river.
(b) Open up the Spanish frontier.
(c) Give them access to Paris.
(d) Double the British supplies.
15. What is Lawford's status in British society?
(a) He is a commoner.
(b) He came from a farming family.
(c) He is wealthy and aristocratic.
(d) He is an ex-criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Teresa in the tavern?
2. What does Windham display in his tent?
3. Why is Sharpe's back heavily scarred?
4. What does Sharpe realize about Rymer in Chapter 8?
5. On what type of terms did Teresa and Sharpe part?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)