|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe realize about Rymer in Chapter 8?
(a) He will replace Sharpe as company commander.
(b) He is well trained.
(c) He is ignorant about war.
(d) He is an experienced veteran.
2. What does Teresa ask Sharpe about herself?
(a) If she has become a murderer.
(b) If he would want someone like her for a wife.
(c) If she is still attractive to him.
(d) If she is different in appearance.
3. What does Wellington believe about Badajoz?
(a) They can starve them out.
(b) It must be captured quickly.
(c) It is essential to defeating Napoleon.
(d) It is not that important.
4. What does Lawford tell Sharpe about his assignment?
(a) He is being transferred to the baggage train.
(b) He will lead the forlorn hope.
(c) He will be his aide-de-camp.
(d) He will command his company.
5. What do Teresa and Sharpe talk about on the way to Badajoz?
(b) Her daughter.
(c) The French and Napoleon.
(d) Her family.
6. Why is Sharpe's back heavily scarred?
(a) From smallpox.
(b) From a flogging.
(c) He was hit with shrapnel.
(d) It isn't scarred.
7. When did Hakeswill join the army?
(a) When he was middle aged.
(b) When a judge ordered him to join.
(c) When he was drafted.
(d) When he was young.
8. On what type of terms did Teresa and Sharpe part?
(b) Madly in love.
9. What nationality is Harper?
10. What is Hakeswill's most obvious character defect?
(a) He is arrogant.
(b) He can't take responsibility for his behavior.
(c) He is amoral.
(d) He is a coward.
11. What has stalled Sharpe's promotion?
(a) His marriage to a foreign national.
(b) A general who hates him.
(c) His lack of funds.
(d) Paperwork and irregularities.
12. How many times have the British attempted to take Badajoz?
13. Where are the French guns located by the breach?
(a) Near the ends of the breach.
(b) To the left side.
(c) Right in the middle of it.
(d) They are turned in the opposite direction.
14. How long has Leroy known Sharpe?
(a) About ten years.
(b) They met as recruits in the army.
(c) Never met him.
(d) Several years.
15. What does Hakeswill do when Teresa enters the stables?
(a) Watches her from the shadows.
(b) Talks to her in a lewd manner.
(c) Corners her with his bayonet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teresa plan to do next?
2. What do Sharpe and Harper do when they come into the stables?
3. What difficulty does Teresa's child have?
4. How much effort is needed for the forlorn hope to reach the base of the breach?
5. In Chapter 8, what begins to arrive for the battalion?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)