|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe realize about Rymer in Chapter 8?
(a) He is an experienced veteran.
(b) He is ignorant about war.
(c) He will replace Sharpe as company commander.
(d) He is well trained.
2. What type of ammo are the French firing at the breach?
3. Against whom does Sharpe swear vengeance?
(a) Major Billings.
(b) Sergeant Hakeswill.
(c) Captain Wainscot.
(d) Teresa's brother.
4. What does Hogan say Teresa is still doing?
(a) Guerrilla warfare.
(c) Running a bed and breakfast.
(d) Sewing military uniforms.
5. How does Sharpe pass his time in Spain in Chapter 1?
(b) Guarding the baggage train.
(c) Thinking about his past.
(d) Getting married.
6. What does Lawford tell Sharpe about his assignment?
(a) He is being transferred to the baggage train.
(b) He will command his company.
(c) He will be his aide-de-camp.
(d) He will lead the forlorn hope.
7. Who is Ensign Matthews?
(a) A young officer who reports to Sharpe for duty.
(b) A sailor who stole Harper's belt.
(c) A soldier who died at Ciudad Rodrigo.
(d) Sharpe's oldest son.
8. Why will the British be throwing bags of hay into the ditch at Ciudad Rodrigo?
(a) To soften the hay for the horses.
(b) To build up a wall.
(c) To soak up the water.
(d) To cushion the jumps of soldiers.
9. What does Matthews present to Sharpe?
(a) His troops.
(b) His second in command.
(c) The new company commander.
(d) His credentials.
10. To what rank has Sharpe been gazetted?
(d) Sergeant Major.
11. What type of fire do the French do with their cannons?
(a) Overlapping and enfilading fire.
(b) Cross fire.
(c) Sporadic and scattered.
(d) Straight forward.
12. For what does Teresa look to Sharpe?
13. What is Sharpe's new assignment when he loses his command?
(a) Guarding the baggage train.
(b) Taking over fourth cavalry.
(c) Windham's aide-de-camp.
(d) Scouting and recon.
14. When did Hakeswill join the army?
(a) When he was middle aged.
(b) When a judge ordered him to join.
(c) When he was drafted.
(d) When he was young.
15. What relationship does Sharpe think about when with Teresa?
(a) The one with Jane Gibbons.
(b) His last wife.
(c) He doesn't think about any relationship.
(d) The one with Lucille.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hakeswill's most obvious character defect?
2. How long has it been since Sharpe has seen Teresa?
3. Where did Leroy move during the American Revolutionary War?
4. What difficulty does Teresa's child have?
5. What is Sharpe's relationship to the man in question # 65?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)