|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II (Chapters 8, 9, 10, and 11).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wellington believe about Badajoz?
(a) It is not that important.
(b) They can starve them out.
(c) It is essential to defeating Napoleon.
(d) It must be captured quickly.
2. Who is Ensign Matthews?
(a) A soldier who died at Ciudad Rodrigo.
(b) A sailor who stole Harper's belt.
(c) A young officer who reports to Sharpe for duty.
(d) Sharpe's oldest son.
3. In Chapter 8, what begins to arrive for the battalion?
4. Why is Sharpe's back heavily scarred?
(a) He was hit with shrapnel.
(b) From smallpox.
(c) It isn't scarred.
(d) From a flogging.
5. Who does Leroy tell Sharpe will be arriving soon?
(b) The new battalion commander.
(c) A new aide -de-camp.
(d) Major Pointer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against whom does Sharpe swear vengeance?
2. Why are Hakeswill's skin and eyes yellow?
3. How many times have the British attempted to take Badajoz?
4. What do Teresa and Sharpe talk about on the way to Badajoz?
5. Who is with Teresa in the tavern?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)