|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against whom does Sharpe swear vengeance?
(a) Captain Wainscot.
(b) Teresa's brother.
(c) Major Billings.
(d) Sergeant Hakeswill.
2. What has stalled Sharpe's promotion?
(a) A general who hates him.
(b) His lack of funds.
(c) Paperwork and irregularities.
(d) His marriage to a foreign national.
3. What would the capture of Badajoz do for the British?
(a) Double the British supplies.
(b) Open up the Spanish frontier.
(c) Give them access to Paris.
(d) Put them on a navigable river.
4. What do Colonel Lawford and Sharpe discuss in Chapter 2?
(b) The plans for the assault.
(c) Their marriages.
(d) Superstitions that soldiers hold.
5. Why does Sharpe think his future is doubtful?
(a) Lawford will have to be replaced.
(b) He was not a part of the forlorn hope.
(c) Paperwork takes forever in the military.
(d) Half of his company was killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sharpe's back heavily scarred?
2. How many times have the British attempted to take Badajoz?
3. What nationality is Harper?
4. As the British are marching to Badajoz what slows their progress?
5. What does Wellington believe about Badajoz?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)