|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lawford's status in British society?
(a) He is an ex-criminal.
(b) He is wealthy and aristocratic.
(c) He came from a farming family.
(d) He is a commoner.
2. Why does Sharpe think his future is doubtful?
(a) Lawford will have to be replaced.
(b) He was not a part of the forlorn hope.
(c) Paperwork takes forever in the military.
(d) Half of his company was killed.
3. What does Lawford tell Sharpe about his assignment?
(a) He is being transferred to the baggage train.
(b) He will command his company.
(c) He will lead the forlorn hope.
(d) He will be his aide-de-camp.
4. How does Sharpe pass his time in Spain in Chapter 1?
(a) Thinking about his past.
(b) Getting married.
(d) Guarding the baggage train.
5. Where are the French guns located by the breach?
(a) They are turned in the opposite direction.
(b) To the left side.
(c) Right in the middle of it.
(d) Near the ends of the breach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will the British be throwing bags of hay into the ditch at Ciudad Rodrigo?
2. To what rank has Sharpe been gazetted?
3. Against what does Sharpe lead his men?
4. Why are Sharpe and Harper happy about what their company will be doing in the siege of Ciudad Rodrigo?
5. On what type of terms did Teresa and Sharpe part?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)