Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4
1. How does Sharpe pass his time in Spain in Chapter 1?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Thinking about his past.
(c) Guarding the baggage train.
2. In what kind of physical condition is Sharpe?
(a) He's crippled in his left leg.
3. To what rank has Sharpe been gazetted?
(b) Sergeant Major.
4. What has stalled Sharpe's promotion?
(a) A general who hates him.
(b) His marriage to a foreign national.
(c) Paperwork and irregularities.
(d) His lack of funds.
5. With whom has Sharpe begun a new romance in England?
(a) Teresa Constantina.
(b) Victoria Standhope.
(c) Jane Gibbons.
(d) Sarah Worthington.
6. What do Hogan and Sharpe first discuss when they meet in Chapter 1?
(a) Sharpe's romance.
(b) The impending assault of Ciudad Rodrigo.
(c) The new company commander.
(d) Hogan's marriage.
7. How long has it been since Sharpe has seen Teresa?
(a) Three years.
(b) About a year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Almost two years.
8. On what type of terms did Teresa and Sharpe part?
(b) Madly in love.
This section contains 4,361 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)