Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4
• In Chapter 1, Sharpe participates in the siege of Ciudad Rodrigo.
• On his last trip to England Sharpe found out his commission to captain had not yet been approved.
• In England he met a woman, Jane Gibbons and began a romance with her.
• Sharpe, back in Spain, wonders if he is a captain or a lieutenant.
• Sharpe meets up with Michael Hogan and friend and they discuss the upcoming assault on Ciudad Rodrigo.
• Hogan mentions he ran into Teresa, an old flame of Sharpe's he hasn't seen in two years.
• Teresa is still active in the guerrilla forces fighting against France.
• Sharpe and Harper, his best friend, discuss their duties of throwing hay into the ditch to cushion soldiers' jumps.
• Sharpe is told even as a lieutenant he will retain command of his company.
• Lawford, the colonel in charge of the assault is friends with Sharpe and...
This section contains 1,702 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)