|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe tell Malan to break?
(a) The bell.
(b) The attic window.
(c) The bedroom shutters.
2. What did Ducos' will mention?
(a) A daughter.
(c) A son.
3. What does Sharpe feel as he is marching to Irati that evening?
(a) Nervous about the two French brigades advancing toward Irati.
(b) Pleased that Picard no longer spreads his evil in the world.
(c) Extreme anger about Nicholl's death.
(d) Sorrowful that the newborn will not know its mother.
4. Who does Lucille say will want to come in for food and wine?
(a) The choir.
(b) No one.
(c) The boys.
(d) Father Defoy.
5. Where is Sharpe in this story?
(a) Southern England.
(c) Near London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucille say she will cook Sharpe?
2. What does Gudin tell Sharpe after they embrace?
3. What happens when Lucille screams?
4. What does Picard suggest they do when they hear gunfire?
5. Where did the treasure go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucille do when Challon pushes on the bed, and what is Challon's response?
2. What does Sharpe offer Gudin and what is Gudin's reply?
3. What does Sharpe tell Locet about the gold?
4. What does Lucille hope about Sharpe, and how does she feel about leaving her home?
5. How does Sharpe send Gudin off?
6. Why is Sharpe in Normandy, and what does he think about when he holds his rifle?
7. Why does Malan agree to help Sharpe?
8. What does Locet tell Sharpe to do? How does Locet arrange for that to happen?
9. What does Sharpe say to Lucille about the cogwheels, and what is her response?
10. What does Challon do while Lucille puts Patrick to bed? What does Lorcet find in Sharpe's accounts?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)