|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drags Lorcet to the tower?
(c) The crowd.
(d) Father Defoy.
2. Who reprimands Challon?
(b) No one.
(c) The Maid.
(d) One of the Hussars.
3. Lucille says Sharpe's business is ______________.
(a) Protecting her.
(b) Paying back her father's kindness.
(c) Tending the farm.
(d) Learning to be a civilian.
4. Where does Sharpe lock the men who held Lucille and Patrick hostage?
(a) In the village jail.
(b) In the inn's cellar.
(c) In the chapel.
(d) In his house's cellar.
5. What does Gudin offer?
(a) His parole.
(b) A one-on-one duel to settle the affair.
(c) A compromise.
(d) His surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Malan serve during the Napoleonic Wars?
2. What does Lorcet assume Sharpe wanted to do?
3. Why does Sharpe think Malan will work for Sharpe?
4. What does Lorcet find in Sharpe's accounts?
5. What does Lucille do when Challon gropes her breast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man in the kitchen tell Sharpe about Ducos?
2. What does Locet tell Sharpe to do? How does Locet arrange for that to happen?
3. What does Sharpe say about the villagers, especially Malan? What is Lucille's response?
4. What does Sharpe tell the people in the church?
5. Where does Challon take Lucille, and what interrupts his plans for her the first time?
6. Why does Malan agree to help Sharpe?
7. What is Picard doing while Gudin and Sharpe talk?
8. Where does Sharpe go on the morning of Christmas Eve?
9. What does Sharpe tell Lorcet when Lorcet calls upstairs to Challon?
10. What does Challon do while Lucille puts Patrick to bed? What does Lorcet find in Sharpe's accounts?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)