|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lucille say will want to come in for food and wine?
(a) The boys.
(b) Father Defoy.
(c) The choir.
(d) No one.
2. What does Sharpe think odd after he kills the fox?
(a) It is odd the men he saw have not reappeared.
(b) The fox was pregnant but has a den of youngs already.
(c) The musket misfired a couple times.
(d) He cannot hear the church bell as usual.
3. Who follows Lucille upstairs?
(b) One of the hussars.
4. What does Malan do as Sharpe greets him?
(a) Shakes his fist.
(b) Throws dirt at Sharpe.
5. Who is sitting opposite Lucille when Sharpe enters the kitchen?
(a) Patrick Harper.
(c) Father Defoy.
(d) A small, bespectacled man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gudin tell Sharpe after they embrace?
2. Who reprimands Challon?
3. Who is sulking about his defeat?
4. What does Challon put under his arm?
5. What happens when Lucille screams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe think after he kills the fox and he does not see the six men continue to the village?
2. What does Sharpe tell Lorcet when Lorcet calls upstairs to Challon?
3. What does Sharpe think would be the best thing to do when he returns home? Why doesn't he do it? What does he find when he enters the kitchen?
4. What happens between Challon and Lucille in the kitchen, and what is Lorcet's response?
5. What does Locet tell Sharpe to do? How does Locet arrange for that to happen?
6. What does Lucille hope about Sharpe, and how does she feel about leaving her home?
7. How do Sharpe and Malan get into Lucille's house?
8. What does the man in the kitchen tell Sharpe about Ducos?
9. What does Sharpe tell the people in the church?
10. What does Malan say to Sharpe's request? What is Sharpe's response?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)