|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do the two men argue?
(a) Who will perform the task.
(b) Whether the French are coming soon.
(c) Who is the better shot.
(d) Who is the sicker man.
2. Why does Sharpe have his men stationed fifty paces back from the frontier?
(a) The French cannot see them.
(b) The French have to march around them.
(c) They can take advantage of a bluff.
(d) The sun will not be in their eyes.
3. Why won't Gudin ride his horse?
(a) His lieutenant is ill and riding the horse.
(b) The horse is lame.
(c) The horse is in an advanced stage of pregnancy.
(d) The horse is ill.
4. What does Cornwell say Sharpe is determined not to lose in Sharpe's Ransom?
(a) The gold he hid in a French monastery after Waterloo.
(b) The only contact he has for finding his daughter.
(c) A woman Sharpe's meets in a previous story.
(d) His half brother.
5. What does Picard believe about himself?
(a) He is smarter than most men.
(b) He is important to Napoleon.
(c) He is charmed.
(d) He is an excellent judge of character.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Caillou object?
2. What does Cornwell say that characters sometimes do?
3. What does Sharpe look for when he walks north?
4. What is the state of England in Sharpe's Ransom?
5. What has Sharpe found south of the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caillou object to with the leaving of the fort? How does he threaten Gudin? How does Gudin feel about Caillou's threat?
2. Why is Caillou angry at Gudin about the women, and why is Gudin walking?
3. With what types of troubles is Gudin plagued?
4. What is Gudin told about Maria and what is his response?
5. What does Sharpe and d'Alembord see through Sharpe's telescope?
6. How long is each story in Sharpe's Christmas, and why are they that length?
7. What does Harper think about the British coming into conflict with the French? What does Sharpe think about it? Why?
8. What does Cornwell say about Sharpe's Christmas in the introduction?
9. What does Sharpe say to d'Alembord about India?
10. Why does Sharpe have hope the garrison will surrender, and what does the garrison have that Sharpe would like to take?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)