|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cornwell say exists to increase awareness of soldiers who fought in the early 19th century?
(a) The Art of War Society.
(b) Sharpe's Legacy Society.
(c) The Soldiers' Scrapbook.
(d) Sharpe Appreciation Society.
2. What are Sharpe and the other man trying to do?
(a) Trap a badger.
(b) Kill a French sentry.
(c) Kill a bullock.
(d) Trap a possom.
3. Why did Sharpe go to France in Sharp's Ransom?
(a) To find his half brother.
(b) To find his daughter.
(c) Because of a woman.
(d) To take revenge on a sadistic French Captain.
4. What does Gudin have to leave behind when a wagon breaks down?
(a) His musical instruments.
(b) His dried flower collection.
(c) His sword collection.
(d) His books.
5. What does Sharpe order Smith to do?
(a) Retreat in two hours.
(b) Watch for the other French garrison.
(c) Keep his men from drinking.
(d) Dig trenches on the east side of Irati.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do the two men argue?
2. Where will Sharpe's men cover the west road?
3. Who has sent for Sharpe?
4. What does Caillou know Gudin will do?
5. Who is CeCe Motz?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the French play into Sharpe's trick with wine barrels?
2. What does Gudin do after Caillou breaks the truce?
3. Why is Caillou angry at Gudin about the women, and why is Gudin walking?
4. What has Sharpe been doing for the past ten years? Whom does he command? Why? When do Sharpe and his men march? What does Sharpe ignore?
5. When does Sharpe think the French will arrive? What does he do for his men because of this?
6. What finally breaks up the French brigade's advance?
7. Where does Sharpe send his skirmishers? What is the result?
8. What does Caillou object to with the leaving of the fort? How does he threaten Gudin? How does Gudin feel about Caillou's threat?
9. How does Nicholls feel about Sharpe and Harper? What does he ask them? What is Sharpe's response?
10. How did Cornwell feel about writing Sharpe's Christmas, and why did he feel that way?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)