|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Sharpe say it will take to clean the rust off?
(a) A week.
(b) A day.
(c) The rust will not come off.
(d) A few hours.
2. What does Sharpe learn about as the enemy are collecting their death and wounded?
(a) Picard's death.
(b) Nicholl's death.
(c) The death of Marie.
(d) The advancement of two more French brigades.
3. What does Gudin offer?
(a) A one-on-one duel to settle the affair.
(b) His surrender.
(c) A compromise.
(d) His parole.
4. Who kicks Challon between the legs?
(d) No one.
5. Why does Lucille name Patrick with the surname Lassan?
(a) She wants Patrick to be able to inherit her family estate.
(b) She does not name his Lassan.
(c) She thinks the villagers will accept him better.
(d) She wants her family's name to continue.
6. What does Marie tell Sharpe to do when he wakes on Christmas Eve?
(a) Dress warmly.
(b) Take no risks.
(c) Not wake the baby.
(d) Eat breakfast.
7. What does Lucille ask Sharpe if he misses?
(b) Army life.
8. What does Lucille do when Challon gropes her breast?
(a) Spills hot fat on his hand.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Knees him in the groin.
9. What does Lorcet admit?
(a) They will have to kill Lucille and Sharpe.
(b) They will have to tie up Lucille and Sharpe.
(c) He already took some of the gold.
(d) He wants to take Lucille with them.
10. What happens as they drive off?
(a) One of the horses rears.
(b) A wheel falls off the cart.
(c) The cart lurches from side to side.
(d) A wheel freezes on the cart.
11. Who does Lucille say will want to come in for food and wine?
(a) No one.
(b) The choir.
(c) Father Defoy.
(d) The boys.
12. What does the sentry announce to the others?
(a) The priest in the village is headed their way.
(b) He sees Sharpe's cart, and it has some bags in it.
(c) Two boys are coming toward the farmhouse.
(d) Scores of people are coming toward the farm.
13. What did Ducos' will mention?
(c) A daughter.
(d) A son.
14. Who does Sharpe think of after hearing about Hagman's delivery?
(a) Christmas dinner.
(b) The wine might be poisoned.
(d) That Picard double-crossed him another time.
15. Who is Monsieur Plaquet?
(a) The owner of a bank in Paris.
(b) A man with whom Sharpe has an agreement.
(c) The mayor of Seville.
(d) A former enemy of Sharpe's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sharpe lock the men who held Lucille and Patrick hostage?
2. Who in the village likes Sharpe?
3. Who drags Lorcet to the tower?
4. What is Sharpe learning to love?
5. What does Father Defoy wish Jacques would do?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)