|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Lucille make fun of Lorcet?
(a) He has to hire thugs to do his business.
(b) He is relying upon a known criminal for aide.
(c) He only sent three men to accompany Sharpe.
(d) He cannot control Challon.
2. What does Lucille deliberately do as she is gathering the wash?
(a) Motions to her daughter to leave.
(b) Motions to her son to leave.
(c) Drops a handkerchief.
(d) Sways her hips.
3. How is Malan dressed?
(a) In his Sunday suit.
(b) In black clothing so as not to be seen.
(c) In his farmer clothes.
(d) In his old uniform.
4. What happens when Lucille screams?
(a) Challon hits her.
(b) Callon hits Patrick.
(c) Lorcet yells up the stairs.
(d) Patrick starts crying.
5. What does Sharpe say when he pulls the hatch in the attic?
(a) He says he's going to kill some men.
(b) He tells Malan to signal the singers.
(c) It's time to go to war.
(d) He tells Malan to wait there.
6. About what does Challon harass Lucille?
(a) Living on the farm.
(b) Not marrying a wealthy man.
(c) Having a child out of wedlock.
(d) Being with an Englishman.
7. What does Sharpe feed occasionally?
(a) Former soldiers that come through the area.
(b) The wild dogs in the woods.
(c) Young orphans in the village.
(d) Wild turkeys to fatten them up.
8. Who in the village likes Sharpe?
(a) The widow Malan.
(d) Father Defoy.
9. What does Gudin offer?
(a) His parole.
(b) A one-on-one duel to settle the affair.
(c) A compromise.
(d) His surrender.
10. Who does Sharpe think of after hearing about Hagman's delivery?
(b) The wine might be poisoned.
(c) That Picard double-crossed him another time.
(d) Christmas dinner.
11. Where did the treasure go?
12. What does Lorcet order Sharpe to do?
(a) Stay under guard while Lorcet retrieves the silver.
(b) Retrieve the gold and take it to an address in Paris.
(c) Retrieve the money by nightfall.
(d) Submit to being tied.
13. What promise does Lucille make to Lorcet?
(a) Sharpe will be back.
(b) She will make sure he gets the gold.
(c) Father Defoy will be there shortly.
(d) Sharpe will kill him for sure.
14. What did Ducos say Sharpe would know?
(a) The location of the gold.
(b) The location of the silver.
(c) The location of his son.
(d) The location of his daughter.
15. What does Sharpe doubt will ever happen?
(a) The farm will turn a profit.
(b) He will move to France.
(c) He and Lucille will marry.
(d) He will return to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thought he was in love with Lucille?
2. What is the tall man with hussar pigtails carrying?
3. What is Sharpe learning to love?
4. Lorcet says that Lucille had better pray for ______________.
5. What does Lucille say she will cook Sharpe?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)