|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Lucille make to Lorcet?
(a) She will make sure he gets the gold.
(b) Sharpe will be back.
(c) Sharpe will kill him for sure.
(d) Father Defoy will be there shortly.
2. What does Malan do as Sharpe greets him?
(a) Throws dirt at Sharpe.
(d) Shakes his fist.
3. What does Lucille deliberately do as she is gathering the wash?
(a) Motions to her son to leave.
(b) Drops a handkerchief.
(c) Sways her hips.
(d) Motions to her daughter to leave.
4. What does Lucille ask Sharpe if he misses?
(d) Army life.
5. What did Ducos say Sharpe would know?
(a) The location of the gold.
(b) The location of his daughter.
(c) The location of the silver.
(d) The location of his son.
6. Who is sitting opposite Lucille when Sharpe enters the kitchen?
(a) Father Defoy.
(c) Patrick Harper.
(d) A small, bespectacled man.
7. Who is sulking about his defeat?
8. Whom does Challon push out of the room upstairs?
9. Sharpe tells the congregation a story about _____________.
(a) A general, silver, and greed.
(b) His daughter being left in Normandy.
(c) An emperor, gold, and greed.
(d) His return to Normandy.
10. Who follows Lucille upstairs?
(c) One of the hussars.
11. What does Lorcet find in Sharpe's accounts?
(a) No evidence of Sharpe having stolen gold.
(b) No evidence of gold nor dishonesty.
(c) Lorcet cannot find Sharpe's books.
(d) Some money not accounted for.
12. Who is standing there when the door to the church suddenly opens?
(a) Three hooded men and Sharpe.
(b) No one.
13. Who fiercely hates Sharpe in the village?
(a) The retired French soldiers.
(b) The mayor.
(c) No one.
14. Who advises against Picard's suggestion?
(c) No one.
15. Why does Lubecque have one of his men drive the cart?
(a) He thinks Sharpe is more easily guarded in the back of the cart.
(b) He does not want to drive the cart himself.
(c) He does not trust Sharpe.
(d) He has no left hand and cannot drive the cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sharpe says Malan is ______________.
2. About what do Harper and Sharpe argue near the end of the story?
3. About what does Lucille make fun of Lorcet?
4. What does Sharpe offer Gudin?
5. What is the worse thing about defeat to Picard?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)