|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucille say she will cook Sharpe?
(a) A roast duck.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A pie.
(d) A goose.
2. What does Lucille ask of the men who break into her home?
(b) To get out of her house.
(c) To leave them their silver.
(d) To wait for Sharpe.
3. What does Sharpe notice is rusted?
(a) Many of his men's muskets.
(b) His knife.
(c) The cogwheels.
(d) His sword edge.
4. What does Challon put under his arm?
(b) His clothes.
(c) His pistol.
5. What does Lorcet find in Sharpe's accounts?
(a) No evidence of gold nor dishonesty.
(b) Lorcet cannot find Sharpe's books.
(c) Some money not accounted for.
(d) No evidence of Sharpe having stolen gold.
6. What does Hagman deliver?
(a) A message from Picard.
(b) A baby girl.
(c) A newborn calf.
(d) A bottle of wine from Picard.
7. What does Gudin offer?
(a) A compromise.
(b) A one-on-one duel to settle the affair.
(c) His surrender.
(d) His parole.
8. What is the worse thing about defeat to Picard?
(a) Having to tell Napoleon about the defeat.
(b) The loss of his sword.
(c) The loss of the French Eagle.
(d) Having to give his parole to the English.
9. Who is sulking about his defeat?
10. Whom does Challon push out of the room upstairs?
11. The small man says he is _____________.
(a) Napoleon's former burser.
(b) Maitre Henri Lorcet.
(c) A former Captain in the French Navy.
(d) A former Dragoon.
12. What does Sharpe doubt will ever happen?
(a) He will move to France.
(b) He will return to England.
(c) He and Lucille will marry.
(d) The farm will turn a profit.
13. What did Ducos' will mention?
(a) A daughter.
(c) A son.
14. What does Lubecque order Sharpe to do?
(a) Saddle a horse to ride.
(b) Fix the wheel.
(c) Put his hands behind his back to be tied.
15. Whose orders was Sharpe following when he and others recovered the gold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorcet admit?
2. What does Lucille ask Sharpe if he misses?
3. Who reprimands Challon?
4. Who is Corporal Lubecque?
5. What does Lorcet order Sharpe to do?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)