|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Gudin ride his horse?
(a) His lieutenant is ill and riding the horse.
(b) The horse is ill.
(c) The horse is in an advanced stage of pregnancy.
(d) The horse is lame.
2. What does the bugler do under Sharpe's orders?
(a) Signals a charge.
(b) Signals a flanking movement.
(c) Signals a retreat for the riflemen.
(d) Signals a surrender.
3. Who is Lucille Castineau?
(a) A new character created for "Sharpe's Christmas."
(b) A woman Sharpe accidentally killed in "Sharpe's Revenge."
(c) A new character created in "Sharpe's Memories."
(d) A woman Sharpe meets in "Sharpe's Revenge."
4. What does Sharpe look for when he walks north?
(a) Spanish spies.
(c) A woman who ran off with his pistol.
5. What does Picard believe about himself?
(a) He is charmed.
(b) He is important to Napoleon.
(c) He is smarter than most men.
(d) He is an excellent judge of character.
6. About what do the two men argue?
(a) Who is the better shot.
(b) Whether the French are coming soon.
(c) Who is the sicker man.
(d) Who will perform the task.
7. About what is Ensign Nicholls enthusiastic?
8. Who is CeCe Motz?
(a) Cornwell's assistant.
(b) Sharpe's daughter's guardian.
(c) A young woman Sharpe meets in Sharpe's Waterloo.
(d) An editor for the book company that publishes Sharpe's books.
9. Why does Sharpe have his men stationed fifty paces back from the frontier?
(a) The French cannot see them.
(b) The sun will not be in their eyes.
(c) The French have to march around them.
(d) They can take advantage of a bluff.
10. Who granted Gudin his eagle?
(b) No one.
(c) It is a griffon, not an eagle.
(d) He found it.
11. Who shoots Nicholls?
(a) No one.
(d) A British officer by mistake.
12. With whom does Sharpe go to consult?
13. What does Cornwell say Sharpe is determined not to lose in Sharpe's Ransom?
(a) The gold he hid in a French monastery after Waterloo.
(b) The only contact he has for finding his daughter.
(c) A woman Sharpe's meets in a previous story.
(d) His half brother.
14. Why is General Picard disgruntled?
(a) His mistress left him.
(b) His wife is angry at him.
(c) His brigade is late.
(d) He lost several men in a battle.
15. What does Sharpe think would make a nice Christmas present for his battalion?
(a) The quick surrender of the French.
(b) More women in the area.
(c) The new muskets the French are carrying.
(d) A French Eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Richard Sharpe kneeling at the end of a field?
2. At what does Caillou fume?
3. What attack is the French army attempting to repel?
4. What does Sharpe command?
5. What would cause Sharpe serious problems?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)