|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are both men unable to do?
(a) Stop coughing.
(b) Stop sneezing.
(c) Stop laughing.
(d) Kill the animal.
2. What war in 1799 is the context of "Sharpe's Christmas"?
(a) The War of the Roses.
(b) The Boxer Rebellion.
(c) The Battle of Waterloo.
(d) The Mysore War.
3. Why doesn't Picard call his men back off the slopes?
(a) He is too sure of victory.
(b) He cannot hear the bugler.
(c) He is incompetent.
(d) He is not one to heed a warning.
4. Where does Picard send the voltiguers?
(a) To the rear as reserves.
(b) To the vanguard.
(c) To the west to circle back around Irati.
(d) To the slopes where the riflemen are hidden.
5. To whom is the telescope inscribed through which Sharpe is looking?
(a) The King of Spain.
6. Who granted Gudin his eagle?
(a) He found it.
(b) It is a griffon, not an eagle.
(c) No one.
7. How long is it until Christmas?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 7 days.
8. To what does Caillou object?
(a) Sharpe going undercover.
(b) Gudin commanding the forces.
(c) Women and children coming along with the French army.
(d) Gudin leaving the Eagle.
9. When does Sharpe estimate the French will arrive?
(a) He does not think the French will be coming.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Eve.
10. Why is Picard pleased that his men are miserable?
(a) He likes to share his own misery.
(b) He thinks they fight better that way.
(c) He thinks they need to be toughened up.
(d) He will look good when he solves their problem.
11. What does Sharpe command?
(a) A battalion of redcoats.
(b) A squad of specialized sharpshooters.
(c) A company of reservists.
(d) No one at the moment.
12. Where is a French garrison located?
(a) Isle de France.
(b) The Fort near Timcumpki.
(c) Somewhere north of Sharpe's men.
(d) The Fort at Ochagavia.
13. Why is Sharpe glad the French garrison is accompanied by women?
(a) They will not be paying as close attention to the British.
(b) It might motivate the French to surrender.
(c) It will keep Sharpe's men from getting trigger happy.
(d) It means they really are leaving Spain.
14. Why did Sharpe go to France in Sharp's Ransom?
(a) Because of a woman.
(b) To take revenge on a sadistic French Captain.
(c) To find his half brother.
(d) To find his daughter.
15. What Sharpe book does "Sharpe's Ransom" follow?
(a) Sharpe's Rifles.
(b) Sharpe's Tigers.
(c) Sharpe's Waterloo.
(d) Sharpe's Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Ensign Nicholls enthusiastic?
2. What does Picard tell Santon about Gudin?
3. Whose garrison must Picard rescue?
4. With whose forces is Sharpe fighting in "Sharpe's Christmas"?
5. Of what is Colonel Gudin's career full?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)