|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the surgeon claim about Maria?
(a) She is having twins.
(b) He baby is dead inside the womb.
(c) She cannot give birth naturally.
(d) She will only live a few more hours.
2. How long has Colonel Jean Gudin been in his present command?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 months.
3. What would cause Sharpe serious problems?
(a) If the French brigade and garrison were to attack together.
(b) If it starts snowing again.
(c) If it gets foggy late in the day as it's been doing.
(d) If his men decide to kidnap some of the French women.
4. What does Cornwell say he never expected?
(a) Sharpe would survive the last conflict in which he participated.
(b) Sharpe would end up in France.
(c) Sharpe's daughter would grow older.
(d) Teresa would die.
5. What happens when some Frenchmen kick over a barrel?
(a) It explodes.
(b) The wine leaks out.
(d) The barrel's staves break and the wine spills.
6. Where does Gudin go with D'Alembord?
(a) To the south front.
(b) To see General Picard.
(c) To collect the French wounded.
(d) To the village.
7. What does Gudin regret leaving in India?
(a) His Indian mistress.
(b) His collection of Indian spices.
(c) His youthful optimism.
(d) His books on Indian history.
8. Who is Lucille Castineau?
(a) A new character created for "Sharpe's Christmas."
(b) A new character created in "Sharpe's Memories."
(c) A woman Sharpe meets in "Sharpe's Revenge."
(d) A woman Sharpe accidentally killed in "Sharpe's Revenge."
9. What does Gudin have to leave behind when a wagon breaks down?
(a) His books.
(b) His sword collection.
(c) His musical instruments.
(d) His dried flower collection.
10. What has Sharpe found south of the village?
(a) A young goat.
(b) A place where his battalion can stop the escaping French.
(c) A young child wandering around.
(d) A pile of French muskets.
11. What does Sharpe say is fitting for Christmas?
(a) Mostly shepherds live in Irati.
(b) The war is winding down.
(c) It is cold and snowy.
(d) The trees are covered in snow.
12. What are both men unable to do?
(a) Stop sneezing.
(b) Stop laughing.
(c) Stop coughing.
(d) Kill the animal.
13. Who has sent for Sharpe?
(a) Colonel Hogan.
(b) His wife.
(c) King George.
(d) Colonel Gudin.
14. From what disaster are some of the men at the Fort at Ochagavia taking refuge?
15. What attack is the French army attempting to repel?
(a) The Dutch attack on Gibraltar.
(b) The British attack near Waterloo.
(c) It does not specify.
(d) The British attack on Seringapatam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Sharpe book does "Sharpe's Ransom" follow?
2. With whom does Sharpe go to consult?
3. Who is one of the first officers to spot Richard Sharpe's potential?
4. Where is a French garrison located?
5. What is one question Bernard Cornwell is often asked about Richard Sharpe?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)