|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sharpe glad the French garrison is accompanied by women?
(a) It means they really are leaving Spain.
(b) It will keep Sharpe's men from getting trigger happy.
(c) It might motivate the French to surrender.
(d) They will not be paying as close attention to the British.
2. What does Sharpe order Smith to do?
(a) Retreat in two hours.
(b) Watch for the other French garrison.
(c) Keep his men from drinking.
(d) Dig trenches on the east side of Irati.
3. Where does Gudin go with D'Alembord?
(a) To the south front.
(b) To see General Picard.
(c) To collect the French wounded.
(d) To the village.
4. How long is it until Christmas?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 7 days.
5. Who is the Peer's Chief of Intelligence?
(a) Patrick Harper.
(b) Richard Sharpe.
(c) Colonel Gudin.
(d) Colonel Hogan.
6. To whom is the telescope inscribed through which Sharpe is looking?
(c) The King of Spain.
7. From what disaster are some of the men at the Fort at Ochagavia taking refuge?
8. What is the Bernard and Judy Cornwell Foundation?
(a) A way of connecting with other Sharpe fans.
(b) A place to teach young writers.
(c) He does not mention such a foundation.
(d) A charity.
9. What is one question Bernard Cornwell is often asked about Richard Sharpe?
(a) If he actually settled down in Normandy.
(b) If he ever reclaims his daughter.
(c) If he finally emigrated to the United States.
(d) If he lived a long life.
10. Picard thinks ____________ are on the slopes.
(b) No forces.
(c) The British.
(d) The Spanish elite forces.
11. What does Sharpe look for when he walks north?
(a) Spanish spies.
(d) A woman who ran off with his pistol.
12. When does Sharpe estimate the French will arrive?
(a) He does not think the French will be coming.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Christmas Eve.
13. How long was each story originally supposed to be?
(a) 22,000 words.
(b) 6,000 words.
(c) 45,000 words.
(d) 12,000 words.
14. How long does Sharpe figure it will take the French to advance?
(a) They are in retreat.
(b) An hour.
(c) A day.
(d) A few hours.
15. Of what is Colonel Gudin's career full?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of England in Sharpe's Ransom?
2. What are both men unable to do?
3. Why did Sharpe go to France in Sharp's Ransom?
4. What has Sharpe found south of the village?
5. What does Sharpe command?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)