|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sharpe's Ransom p. 89-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cornwell say Sharpe is determined not to lose in Sharpe's Ransom?
(a) His half brother.
(b) A woman Sharpe's meets in a previous story.
(c) The only contact he has for finding his daughter.
(d) The gold he hid in a French monastery after Waterloo.
2. At what does Caillou fume?
(a) Gudin calls a halt early in the day.
(b) Gudin's delay.
(c) It is Christmas, and they are not home in France.
(d) The wine was lost.
3. Where is Sharpe in this story?
(b) Near London.
(c) Southern England.
4. When does Sharpe estimate the French will arrive?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) He does not think the French will be coming.
(d) New Year's Eve.
5. What does Picard suggest they do when they hear gunfire?
(a) Get into France as fast as possible.
(b) Send a messenger for reinforcements.
(c) Help Gudin's men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe hope to avoid this Christmas Eve?
2. What does Lucille say she will cook Sharpe?
3. Who has sent for Sharpe?
4. Where are Sharpe's riflemen hidden?
5. What does Malan do as Sharpe greets him?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)