|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sharpe's Ransom p. 67-79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Caillou object?
(a) Women and children coming along with the French army.
(b) Gudin leaving the Eagle.
(c) Sharpe going undercover.
(d) Gudin commanding the forces.
2. Why is General Picard disgruntled?
(a) His brigade is late.
(b) He lost several men in a battle.
(c) His wife is angry at him.
(d) His mistress left him.
3. What are both men unable to do?
(a) Stop coughing.
(b) Stop sneezing.
(c) Stop laughing.
(d) Kill the animal.
4. What has Sharpe read in the papers?
(a) All former English soldiers are to leave France.
(b) Napoleon has escaped.
(c) The King of England is offering amnesty to deserters.
(d) The French countryside has been plundered.
5. What does Cornwell say he never expected?
(a) Teresa would die.
(b) Sharpe's daughter would grow older.
(c) Sharpe would survive the last conflict in which he participated.
(d) Sharpe would end up in France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thought he was in love with Lucille?
2. What does Gudin tell Sharpe after they embrace?
3. What do two of the volumes of Gudin's diaries concern?
4. Who has sent for Sharpe?
5. Who fiercely hates Sharpe in the village?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)