|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sharpe's Ransom p. 67-79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gudin offer?
(a) His surrender.
(b) His parole.
(c) A compromise.
(d) A one-on-one duel to settle the affair.
2. What is wrong with Colonel Gudin's feet?
(a) His heels hurt.
(b) He has lost a toe in a battle.
(d) He has bunions.
3. Whose garrison must Picard rescue?
(a) No one's.
4. Why is Sharpe glad the French garrison is accompanied by women?
(a) It means they really are leaving Spain.
(b) It will keep Sharpe's men from getting trigger happy.
(c) They will not be paying as close attention to the British.
(d) It might motivate the French to surrender.
5. Who is Monsieur Plaquet?
(a) A man with whom Sharpe has an agreement.
(b) A former enemy of Sharpe's.
(c) The mayor of Seville.
(d) The owner of a bank in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will cover the east road?
2. With whom is Richard Sharpe kneeling at the end of a field?
3. What does Picard say Gudin has become used to?
4. Who appears on the road above the farm?
5. What does Marie tell Sharpe to do when he wakes on Christmas Eve?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)