|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sharpe's Ransom p. 67-79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Sharpe and the other man trying to do?
(a) Trap a possom.
(b) Trap a badger.
(c) Kill a French sentry.
(d) Kill a bullock.
2. About what do Harper and Sharpe argue near the end of the story?
(a) Who will kill the sheep.
(b) What Sharpe's superiors will do.
(c) Who will stay in Spain.
(d) Who will kill the cow.
3. What does Sharpe offer Gudin?
(a) To choose to fight or surrender.
(b) The opportunity to sneak into France without a fight.
(c) The opportunity to return to the abandoned French fort.
(d) A chance to escape.
4. Why does Picard think Caillou is commanding the forces that are fighting?
(a) Picard does not know who might be in charge.
(b) Caillou outranks Gudin.
(c) Gudin was not coming from that direction.
(d) Gudin would never fight so fiercely.
5. What does CeCe Mot do?
(a) Converts old newspapers into computer files.
(b) Hides Sharpe's daughter from him.
(c) Encourages Cornwell to write "Sharpe's Ransom."
(d) Leads Sharpe to Napoleon in Sharpe's Waterloo.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is the telescope inscribed through which Sharpe is looking?
2. What does D'Alembord ask Sharpe about India?
3. Why does Lubecque have one of his men drive the cart?
4. What does Sharpe notice is rusted?
5. What does Cornwell say Sharpe is determined not to lose in Sharpe's Ransom?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)