|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sharpe's Ransom p. 57-67.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Picard send the voltiguers?
(a) To the vanguard.
(b) To the west to circle back around Irati.
(c) To the slopes where the riflemen are hidden.
(d) To the rear as reserves.
2. What are Sharpe and the other man trying to do?
(a) Kill a bullock.
(b) Trap a possom.
(c) Kill a French sentry.
(d) Trap a badger.
3. What does Picard tell Santon about Gudin?
(a) Gudin is a good man though misguided.
(b) Gudin is totally incompetent.
(c) Gudin is unlucky.
(d) Gudin is a better soldier than many know.
4. About what do the two men argue?
(a) Whether the French are coming soon.
(b) Who is the sicker man.
(c) Who is the better shot.
(d) Who will perform the task.
5. For what does Gudin pray?
(a) A way out of the military without deserting or being shot.
(b) A small victory.
(c) His wife and children.
(d) Honorable death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Sharpe say it will take to clean the rust off?
2. What does Marie tell Sharpe to do when he wakes on Christmas Eve?
3. Who appears on the road above the farm?
4. Who causes Gudin's first major defeat?
5. Who granted Gudin his eagle?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)