|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sharpe's Ransom p. 57-67.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Bernard and Judy Cornwell Foundation?
(a) He does not mention such a foundation.
(b) A way of connecting with other Sharpe fans.
(c) A charity.
(d) A place to teach young writers.
2. Who is CeCe Motz?
(a) A young woman Sharpe meets in Sharpe's Waterloo.
(b) Cornwell's assistant.
(c) An editor for the book company that publishes Sharpe's books.
(d) Sharpe's daughter's guardian.
3. Why won't Gudin ride his horse?
(a) The horse is ill.
(b) His lieutenant is ill and riding the horse.
(c) The horse is in an advanced stage of pregnancy.
(d) The horse is lame.
4. What are the French desperate to escape?
(a) The huge British army on their flank.
(c) The Dutch.
(d) The Russians on their flank.
5. At what does the French brigade fire?
(a) The partisans.
(b) The remaining barrels.
(c) The archers.
(d) The calvary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sharpe in this story?
2. Who has sent for Sharpe?
3. Why does Sharpe think it cruel to fire at the unprotected French soldiers?
4. What does Gudin have to leave behind when a wagon breaks down?
5. What opportunity will Sharpe offer the French?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)