|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sharpe's Christmas p. 38-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who causes Gudin's first major defeat?
2. What opportunity will Sharpe offer the French?
(a) To surrender their weapons.
(b) To recover their wounded.
(c) To regroup.
(d) To have a peaceful Christmas day.
3. What does Sharpe order Smith to do?
(a) Retreat in two hours.
(b) Watch for the other French garrison.
(c) Dig trenches on the east side of Irati.
(d) Keep his men from drinking.
4. Where does Gudin go with D'Alembord?
(a) To see General Picard.
(b) To the south front.
(c) To collect the French wounded.
(d) To the village.
5. What is the Bernard and Judy Cornwell Foundation?
(a) A place to teach young writers.
(b) He does not mention such a foundation.
(c) A charity.
(d) A way of connecting with other Sharpe fans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Caillou furious?
2. How long was each story originally supposed to be?
3. Who commands the piquet on the south road?
4. For what does Caillou blame Gudin when they hear shots in the distance?
5. What does Ensign Nicholls tell Sharpe?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)