|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sharpe's Christmas p. 38-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caillou know Gudin will do?
(a) Agree to leave Spain without their weapons.
(b) Keep his Eagle at any cost.
(d) Waste his men's lives.
2. What does Cornwell say Sharpe is determined not to lose in Sharpe's Ransom?
(a) The only contact he has for finding his daughter.
(b) The gold he hid in a French monastery after Waterloo.
(c) His half brother.
(d) A woman Sharpe's meets in a previous story.
3. Why won't Gudin ride his horse?
(a) The horse is in an advanced stage of pregnancy.
(b) The horse is lame.
(c) His lieutenant is ill and riding the horse.
(d) The horse is ill.
4. What happens when some Frenchmen kick over a barrel?
(a) The wine leaks out.
(b) It explodes.
(c) The barrel's staves break and the wine spills.
5. Picard thinks ____________ are on the slopes.
(a) The British.
(b) The Spanish elite forces.
(d) No forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who granted Gudin his eagle?
2. Where is a French garrison located?
3. With whose forces is Sharpe fighting in "Sharpe's Christmas"?
4. What war in 1799 is the context of "Sharpe's Christmas"?
5. What does Sharpe order Smith to do?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)