|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sharpe's Christmas p. 38-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war in 1799 is the context of "Sharpe's Christmas"?
(a) The Mysore War.
(b) The War of the Roses.
(c) The Boxer Rebellion.
(d) The Battle of Waterloo.
2. At what does the French brigade fire?
(a) The partisans.
(b) The remaining barrels.
(c) The calvary.
(d) The archers.
3. Why does Sharpe think it cruel to fire at the unprotected French soldiers?
(a) They look like they are starving.
(b) They are trying to protect the women and children.
(c) They have few weapons.
(d) They are so very young.
4. What opportunity will Sharpe offer the French?
(a) To have a peaceful Christmas day.
(b) To recover their wounded.
(c) To regroup.
(d) To surrender their weapons.
5. Why is Caillou furious?
(a) Gudin is going to speak with the men holding the flag of truce.
(b) Picard's men ran.
(c) The women are slowing down the garrison.
(d) He is not in command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sharpe and the other man trying to do?
2. Who is the Crapaud that Sharpe serves under in India?
3. Why is Picard pleased that his men are miserable?
4. What do two of the volumes of Gudin's diaries concern?
5. What does Picard believe about himself?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)