|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sharpe's Christmas p. 21-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ensign Nicholls?
(a) The man who interrupts the argument.
(b) The man who insists on a court martial for Harper.
(c) The man who is in love with Sharpe's cousin.
(d) The man who knocks Sharpe over the head.
2. Who is Lucille Castineau?
(a) A new character created for "Sharpe's Christmas."
(b) A woman Sharpe meets in "Sharpe's Revenge."
(c) A new character created in "Sharpe's Memories."
(d) A woman Sharpe accidentally killed in "Sharpe's Revenge."
3. Who is one of the first officers to spot Richard Sharpe's potential?
(b) Colonel Price.
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
(d) Colonel Gudin.
4. Why does Sharpe have his men stationed fifty paces back from the frontier?
(a) The French have to march around them.
(b) They can take advantage of a bluff.
(c) The sun will not be in their eyes.
(d) The French cannot see them.
5. Of what is Colonel Gudin's career full?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cornwell say Sharpe is determined not to lose in Sharpe's Ransom?
2. To what does Caillou object?
3. What war in 1799 is the context of "Sharpe's Christmas"?
4. What is the state of England in Sharpe's Ransom?
5. Who granted Gudin his eagle?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)