|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sharpe's Christmas p. 46-55.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Sharpe figure it will take the French to advance?
(a) An hour.
(b) They are in retreat.
(c) A few hours.
(d) A day.
2. What does the surgeon claim about Maria?
(a) He baby is dead inside the womb.
(b) She will only live a few more hours.
(c) She is having twins.
(d) She cannot give birth naturally.
3. Where are Sharpe's riflemen hidden?
(a) Among the rocks above the barrels.
(b) In Irati.
(c) In a stand of trees.
(d) In trenches along the west side of the road.
4. Why won't Gudin ride his horse?
(a) The horse is lame.
(b) The horse is in an advanced stage of pregnancy.
(c) The horse is ill.
(d) His lieutenant is ill and riding the horse.
5. Where does Gudin go with D'Alembord?
(a) To the village.
(b) To the south front.
(c) To see General Picard.
(d) To collect the French wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sharpe send two companies?
2. What does Sharpe say is fitting for Christmas?
3. How many Frenchmen are coming from the South?
4. Who shoots Nicholls?
5. About what do the two men argue?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)