|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sharpe's Christmas p. 46-55.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ensign Nicholls tell Sharpe?
(a) The French are running away.
(b) General Picard is offering to surrender.
(c) The French have regrouped near Irita.
(d) The other French are arriving.
2. What does Sharpe say is fitting for Christmas?
(a) The trees are covered in snow.
(b) The war is winding down.
(c) Mostly shepherds live in Irati.
(d) It is cold and snowy.
3. What does Gudin regret leaving in India?
(a) His books on Indian history.
(b) His Indian mistress.
(c) His collection of Indian spices.
(d) His youthful optimism.
4. What does Sharpe offer Gudin?
(a) The opportunity to sneak into France without a fight.
(b) A chance to escape.
(c) The opportunity to return to the abandoned French fort.
(d) To choose to fight or surrender.
5. Who has sent for Sharpe?
(a) Colonel Hogan.
(b) King George.
(c) His wife.
(d) Colonel Gudin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What delays Gudin?
2. What are Sharpe and the other man trying to do?
3. What does D'Alembord think of Sharpe?
4. Why does Gudin not think the Sharpe he is about to encounter is the same one he met in India?
5. Who is the Peer's Chief of Intelligence?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)