|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sharpe's Christmas p. 46-55.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe command?
(a) A squad of specialized sharpshooters.
(b) A battalion of redcoats.
(c) No one at the moment.
(d) A company of reservists.
2. What does Sharpe feel as he is marching to Irati that evening?
(a) Pleased that Picard no longer spreads his evil in the world.
(b) Extreme anger about Nicholl's death.
(c) Sorrowful that the newborn will not know its mother.
(d) Nervous about the two French brigades advancing toward Irati.
3. What do two of the volumes of Gudin's diaries concern?
(a) His deceased wife.
(b) Gudin's time in India.
(c) The only successful campaign he has carried out.
(d) His deceased sons.
4. What does Sharpe think would make a nice Christmas present for his battalion?
(a) More women in the area.
(b) A French Eagle.
(c) The new muskets the French are carrying.
(d) The quick surrender of the French.
5. What does Gudin tell Sharpe after they embrace?
(a) Gudin's wife would be happy for Sharpe's success.
(b) Gudin is very proud of Sharpe.
(c) Gudin knew Sharpe was special.
(d) Picard has two more brigades on the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose garrison must Picard rescue?
2. Who commands the piquet on the south road?
3. Of what is Colonel Gudin's career full?
4. Why is Picard pleased that his men are miserable?
5. Who has sent for Sharpe?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)