|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Loup kill Oliveira?
(a) When Loup found him in the hills.
(b) When Oliveira ran for the barracks.
(c) When Oliveira tried to surrender.
(d) He didn't kill Oliveira.
2. What does Sharpe ask El Castrador to do?
(a) Find out where Loup is located.
(b) Join them at San Isidoro.
(c) Kill and mutilate two deserters.
(d) Get a message to Sharpe's wife.
3. What does Sharpe suggest Donaju do about the rumors?
(a) He go to the British base and interview new British arrivals.
(b) He call the men into formation and announce they are false.
(c) He go to the British base and interview new Irish arrivals.
(d) He should forbid Juanita from talking to the troops.
4. What does Sharpe convince Runciman to do?
(a) Get more ammunition.
(b) Have the general inspect the troops.
(c) Appropriate some muskets for the Real Compañía Irlandesa.
(d) Get better food for the troops.
5. What does Sharpe, when following Kiely, suggest to Kiely the day after the attack?
(a) That Kiely is controlled by his fiance.
(b) That Kiely is unable to function in a real battle.
(c) That the two of them fight it out.
(d) That Kiely was very courageous.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the British defend the barracks?
2. About what person does Harper tell a story?
3. How does Hogan feel about Sharpe's interaction with Kiely?
4. What is the name of the Lieutenant who is with Sharpe?
5. Why does Lord Kiely take offense at Sharpe when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battle at the barracks when Loup's troops attack.
2. What does Sharpe see from the hill he is on, and what does he decide to do about it? What changes his decision?
3. What does Loup tell Ducos about Sharpe and how does Ducos feel about Loup's disclosure?
4. How does Sharpe find out what happened to the Portuguese ammunition wagons?
5. What happens to the Portuguese battalion in Loup's attack?
6. Where are the Real Compañía Irlandesa sent and how do the soldiers feel about their situation?
7. What does Sharpe asks El Castrador about the village where Loup is and who goes there with Sharpe?
8. What happens to the Real Compañía Irlandesa officers in Loup's attack?
9. What do Sharpe and his men find in the village when they get there?
10. How does Sharpe deal with the problem of desertion?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)