|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Pierre Ducos have with the French military?
(b) Captain of the Corsairs.
(c) Company commander.
(d) Intelligence officer.
2. Who talks to Sharpe about a morale problem?
3. When did Loup kill Oliveira?
(a) When Loup found him in the hills.
(b) When Oliveira tried to surrender.
(c) When Oliveira ran for the barracks.
(d) He didn't kill Oliveira.
4. How does Sharpe feel about Runciman surviving?
5. What does Hogan tell Sharpe when he comes to San Isidoro?
(a) Sharpe will go before a board of inquiry.
(b) Runciman will be executed.
(c) Sharpe did well under the circumstances.
(d) They are putting the blame on Runciman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe suggest Donaju do about the rumors?
2. What does Sharpe find out about Kiely when he speaks with him?
3. What does Donju suggest about the British and the men of the Real Compañía Irlandesa?
4. What do the British need the most in their scapegoat for San Isidoro?
5. What does Loup swear to Sharpe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Juanita's job with the Real Compañía Irlandesa?
2. What is Sharpe ordered to do with the Real and why?
3. What does Sharpe do with the two French prisoners and how does he handle Loup's anger?
4. Who is with the Portuguese and why is Sharpe happy about that?
5. What is happening with the Real Compañía Irlandesa that worries Sharpe?
6. Why is Sharpe frustrated at the beginning of the book, what does Harper do about it and how does Sharpe respond to Harper?
7. How does Sharpe deal with the problem of desertion?
8. What does Sharpe suggest Donaju do about the problem with the troops?
9. What does Loup tell Ducos about Sharpe and how does Ducos feel about Loup's disclosure?
10. How does Juanita arrive at San Isidoro and what is the response of some of the men?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)