|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much help is Sergeant Harper to Sharpe?
(a) He kills the French officer.
(d) He is a great help.
2. Where does Runciman say he spent some time in the army?
(b) North Africa.
3. Why do the French leave San Isidoro?
(a) British reinforcements arrive.
(b) Two ammunition wagons blow up.
(c) The Portuguese outflank them.
(d) Loup is wounded.
4. When does Ducos point out Guy Loup to Juanita de Elia?
(a) When he is taking the steps into the building.
(b) When he is in the hallway.
(c) When he is at a banquet.
(d) When he rides into the courtyard.
5. What does Sharpe suggest Donaju do about the rumors?
(a) He go to the British base and interview new British arrivals.
(b) He go to the British base and interview new Irish arrivals.
(c) He call the men into formation and announce they are false.
(d) He should forbid Juanita from talking to the troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe convince Runciman to do?
2. What does Sharpe ask El Castrador?
3. What does Sharpe stress to Oliveira about Loup?
4. What position does Pierre Ducos have with the French military?
5. What do the British need the most in their scapegoat for San Isidoro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe suggest Donaju do about the problem with the troops?
2. What is happening with the Real Compañía Irlandesa that worries Sharpe?
3. What does Sharpe ask Runciman to do and why has he asked him instead of the British command?
4. What is Juanita's job with the Real Compañía Irlandesa?
5. Who is with the Portuguese and why is Sharpe happy about that?
6. What does Sharpe asks El Castrador about the village where Loup is and who goes there with Sharpe?
7. What does Sharpe do with the two French prisoners and how does he handle Loup's anger?
8. What is Sharpe ordered to do with the Real and why?
9. How does Juanita first see Loup, what is her impression and how do Loup and her feel when they meet?
10. What happens to the Real Compañía Irlandesa officers in Loup's attack?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)