|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he tell Oliveira to do if Loup attacks?
(a) Go to the barracks.
(b) Hold the front gate.
(c) Go to the hills and flank Loup.
(d) Go to the gatehouse.
2. What does Ducos disapprove of as far as soldiers go?
(a) Having affairs with their subordinates.
(b) Private rivalries.
(c) Raping and killing civilians.
(d) Not following orders.
3. What does Ducos think about Loup's capabilities?
(a) He is a great soldier but a poor leader.
(b) He is a mediocre soldier but good leader.
(c) He is one of the best soldiers and leaders in Spain.
(d) He is incompetent.
4. How much help is Sergeant Harper to Sharpe?
(b) He is a great help.
(d) He kills the French officer.
5. Where does Runciman say he spent some time in the army?
(c) North Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe do when he gets within a few yards of San Cristobal?
2. Who is El Castrador?
3. What position does Pierre Ducos have with the French military?
4. How does Sharpe feel about the Real Compañía Irlandesa when he first meets them?
5. How are the men finding about supposed atrocities in Ireland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening with the Real Compañía Irlandesa that worries Sharpe?
2. How does Sharpe deal with the problem of desertion?
3. What is Sharpe ordered to do with the Real and why?
4. Who is with the Portuguese and why is Sharpe happy about that?
5. What kind of problem do Sarsfield and Donaju bring to Sharpe and what is his response?
6. What does Hogan tell Sharpe about Runciman and Loup's attack and what is Sharpe's response? What does Hogan tell him about it being Sharpe's fault?
7. What does Sharpe find out from Donaju about Kiely?
8. What is in the letter from the Spanish king to General Wellington that upsets him?
9. What does Sharpe do with the two French prisoners and how does he handle Loup's anger?
10. What is Juanita's job with the Real Compañía Irlandesa?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)