|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they know who the man is who saved them?
(a) It was the man assigned to guard that area.
(b) They never found out.
(c) Loup left the man hanging from a tree.
(d) They found the man's tobacco tin.
2. What does he tell Oliveira to do if Loup attacks?
(a) Go to the gatehouse.
(b) Go to the barracks.
(c) Go to the hills and flank Loup.
(d) Hold the front gate.
3. Why is Father Sarsfield impressed with Sharpe?
(a) Sharpe has captured a French eagle.
(b) Sharpe came up through the ranks.
(c) Sharpe can pick locks.
(d) Sharpe is known as a famous swordsman.
4. What does Sharpe ask El Castrador to do?
(a) Get a message to Sharpe's wife.
(b) Kill and mutilate two deserters.
(c) Join them at San Isidoro.
(d) Find out where Loup is located.
5. What are the four French soldiers that ride up to the village carrying?
(a) A white flag.
(c) The body of one of Sharpe's riflemen.
(d) A British standard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sharpe's request about supplies to the British headquarters?
2. How does Runciman feel about his new position?
3. What does Kiely say is the reason men desert?
4. What does Sharpe stress to Oliveira about Loup?
5. What does Hogan tell Sharpe when he comes to San Isidoro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharpe ask Runciman to do and why has he asked him instead of the British command?
2. What does Loup tell Ducos about Sharpe and how does Ducos feel about Loup's disclosure?
3. How does Juanita first see Loup, what is her impression and how do Loup and her feel when they meet?
4. What information about the Royal Guard is Hogan and Wellington not aware?
5. How does Juanita arrive at San Isidoro and what is the response of some of the men?
6. What happens to the Portuguese battalion in Loup's attack?
7. What does Sharpe see when they arrive at the village where Loup is supposed to be and what does Sharpe do there?
8. How does Sharpe find out what happened to the Portuguese ammunition wagons?
9. How does Sharpe deal with the problem of desertion?
10. What kind of problem do Sarsfield and Donaju bring to Sharpe and what is his response?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)