|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commanded the gatehouse not be opened during the attack?
(a) Juanita de Elia.
(b) Captain Eduardo de la Engiesie.
(c) Captain Donaju.
(d) Lord Kiely.
2. When did Loup kill Oliveira?
(a) When Oliveira tried to surrender.
(b) When Oliveira ran for the barracks.
(c) He didn't kill Oliveira.
(d) When Loup found him in the hills.
3. What does Sharpe tell Oliveira about the Real Compañía Irlandesa?
(a) That they are probably traitors to Spain.
(b) That they will be leaving San Isidoro soon.
(c) Why they came to San Isidoro.
(d) That they are great soldiers.
4. Why will de Elia be meeting Loup?
(a) She knows his brother.
(b) She is supposed to kill him.
(c) She will be working with him.
(d) She is to marry him.
5. What are the four French soldiers that ride up to the village carrying?
(a) A British standard.
(b) A white flag.
(c) The body of one of Sharpe's riflemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hogan feel about Sharpe's interaction with Kiely?
2. What does Sharpe tell the men about dead deserters?
3. What does Sharpe, when following Kiely, suggest to Kiely the day after the attack?
4. What do Sharpe and Harper find in other cottages?
5. Why is Father Sarsfield impressed with Sharpe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Portuguese battalion in Loup's attack?
2. What kind of problem do Sarsfield and Donaju bring to Sharpe and what is his response?
3. What is happening with the Real Compañía Irlandesa that worries Sharpe?
4. What are called the keys to Spain by the French and who holds them?
5. How does the Portuguese battalion arrive, with whom does Sharpe meet, what kind of man is he and why is the battalion there?
6. How does Juanita arrive at San Isidoro and what is the response of some of the men?
7. How does Sharpe deal with the problem of desertion?
8. What is Juanita's job with the Real Compañía Irlandesa?
9. What do Sharpe and his men find in the village when they get there?
10. What does Sharpe asks El Castrador about the village where Loup is and who goes there with Sharpe?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)