|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incriminating evidence does Raza Hyder find in his mentally-retarded daughter's room?
(a) A bloody stone.
(b) A machete.
(c) A severed hand.
(d) A blood-stained burqa.
2. What ghost perches itself on Raza Hyder's left shoulder after the hanging of Iskander Harappa?
(a) Iskander Harappa.
(b) Little Mir Harappa.
(c) Shaggy Dog.
(d) Maulana Dawood.
3. What is the name of the political party of which Iskander Harappa becomes the leader after the present government loses popularity?
(a) The People's Liberation Front.
(b) The Nationalist Party.
(c) The Islamic Socialist Party.
(d) The Popular Front.
4. At what event does Naveed Hyder first see Captain Talvar Ulhaq?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A polo match.
(c) A cricket match.
(d) A social get-together.
5. Of whom does Omar dream the night that Sufiya Zinobia is taken to the hospital?
(a) Eduardo Rodrigues.
(b) Farah Zoroaster.
(c) His mothers.
(d) Maulana Dawood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does General Raddi arrest Haroun Harappa and his terrorists without firing a shot?
2. In what color does Rani embroider the shawl depicting the rampant corruption allowed by Iskander during his reign?
3. What does Bilquis claim she is sewing when her husband inquires?
4. What is the nickname given to Babar by the guerrillas?
5. Which of the following is NOT involved in the coup against Raza Hyder that is prematurely unveiled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Captain Talvar Ulhaq take great risk to steal Naveed Hyder from her arranged marriage to Haroun Harappa?
2. How do the 18 shawls embroidered by Rani over the six years of home imprisonment depict the life of Iskander Harappa?
3. How do Raza and Omar disagree when it comes to dealing with Sufiya Zinobia's condition?
4. How does Iskander Harappa bring his fate down upon his head after being arrested and imprisoned in Bagheeragali?
5. How does Iskander Harappa rise to power?
6. What ethereal conflict besets the mind of Raza Hyder during his presidency?
7. Why does the narrator include the anecdote about seeing a London performance of Danton's Death?
8. How does Raza Hyder restore the morale of the deflated Pakistani army?
9. What is revealed by Rani Harappa's uncovering of the deceased Iskander's face?
10. What is the nature of the relationship between Omar Khayyam Shakil and Shahbanou?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)