|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Supreme Court split on Iskander Harappa's death sentence?
2. How does General Raddi arrest Haroun Harappa and his terrorists without firing a shot?
(a) By poisoning them.
(b) By gassing the plane.
(c) By feeding them a heavy meal.
(d) By setting the plane on fire.
3. By what name does Bilquis call Sufiya Zinobia?
(c) Chili pepper.
4. What is Omar's medical specialty?
(b) Circulatory systems.
(c) General medicine.
5. What is the nickname given to Babar by the guerrillas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT involved in the coup against Raza Hyder that is prematurely unveiled?
2. Raza Hyder is named, by the President, the National Minister of what?
3. For how long does Iskander Harappa, in his initial place of post-coup confinement, verbally assault Raza Hyder?
4. What part of Talvar Ulhaq's body does Sufiya Zinobia bite at the wedding ceremony?
5. Against what unclean animal does Dawood persuade Raza Hyder to launch a campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Raza and Omar disagree when it comes to dealing with Sufiya Zinobia's condition?
2. Why does Captain Talvar Ulhaq take great risk to steal Naveed Hyder from her arranged marriage to Haroun Harappa?
3. What is the nature of the relationship between Omar Khayyam Shakil and Shahbanou?
4. What is revealed by Rani Harappa's uncovering of the deceased Iskander's face?
5. Describe the final disgrace of Naveed Hyder's marriage to Captain Talvar Ulhaq.
6. How does Raza Hyder restore the morale of the deflated Pakistani army?
7. Why does the Pakistani man in London, referred to by the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 7, murder his own daughter?
8. What is the consequence of Maulana Dawood's quest against the selling and eating of shellfish in Karachi?
9. How does Iskander Harappa finally die?
10. Why does the Pakistani government intercept and destroy all incoming copies of a particular issue of Newsweek?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)