|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the war between the Pakistanis and Indians resume during the hot season?
(a) In the south.
(c) The Kashmiri frontier.
(d) Near Q.
2. What is the name the Shakil sisters give to their house?
3. About whom would the narrator be writing if his novel were realistically about Pakistan?
(a) His mother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter.
4. What nickname is given to Raza Hyder after his sole military victory?
(a) Old Razor Guts.
(b) Raza Daza.
(d) The Black Razor.
5. At what age does Hashmat Bibi die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant action does Omar do to Farah before leaving her father's customs post?
2. What is the name of the servant whom Raza punches in the yard of Iskander's estate?
3. What is Iskander and Rani Harappa's first daughter's nickname?
4. Whose execution does the narrator mention while visiting his poet friend who lives in Karachi?
5. In what garment does Raza Hyder first wrap Bilquis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory does the author propose regarding the mysterious pregnancy of the sisters?
2. Why is Raza Hyder sent to the Needle Valley?
3. How is Bilquis' father's business ruined?
4. How does Bilquis come to be accepted as a member of the Hyder family?
5. Why does the narrator appropriate the story of his friend, the poet?
6. Of what sort of development is Omar Khayyam Shakil deprived in his formative years?
7. Briefly describe why the narrator insists that his novel is not about a real Pakistan, and what would happen to (the story, not the actual book) it if it were.
8. What are the lasting effects of Omar's birthday request upon his mothers?
9. How do Raza Hyder and Maulana Dawood come to trust one another immediately?
10. How is Omar initially greeted upon his exiting Nishapur?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)