|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Iskander's cousin who loots the Harappa family estate?
(a) Little Mir.
(c) Big Mir.
2. What does Iskander Harappa build at Aansu?
(a) A military fort.
(c) Ski lodges.
(d) A new town.
3. How many women sleep in the room with Bariamma?
4. What is the immediate result of Mahmoud's announcement that he is showing a double feature to both Hindus and Muslims?
(a) His theater is boycotted by everyone.
(b) His theater is overwhelmed by customers.
(c) His theater is attended by only Hindus.
(d) His theater is attended by only Muslims.
5. Where are gas fields discovered at the start of Chapter 6?
(a) North of Kashmir.
(c) Near Karachi.
(d) Needle Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first sight of Omar Khayyam Shakil?
2. What significant action does Omar do to Farah before leaving her father's customs post?
3. What profession does Eduardo Rodrigues determine is fitting for Omar?
4. About what sort of textbooks would the narrator have to write if his novel were realistic?
5. What would happen to a realistic book about Pakistan, according to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Raza Hyder sent to the Needle Valley?
2. How does Raza Hyder describe his courtship of Bilquis?
3. How does Sindbad Mengal meet his fate?
4. Describe the end of Bilquis' father's business.
5. How is Bilquis' father's business ruined?
6. Briefly describe why the narrator insists that his novel is not about a real Pakistan, and what would happen to (the story, not the actual book) it if it were.
7. Why are the children of the British colonials sent back to England after the age of eight to continue their educations?
8. In what idea do Raza and Bilquis put an undue amount of faith, and why is this a troublesome belief?
9. What are the circumstances surrounding the death of Mistri Yakoob Balloch?
10. What is guaranteed to the Shakil sisters by the installation of their dumb-waiter?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)