|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen to a realistic book about Pakistan, according to the narrator?
(a) It would be the object of laughter.
(b) It would be ignored.
(c) It would be banned.
(d) It would be praised.
2. Where does the war between the Pakistanis and Indians resume during the hot season?
(b) In the south.
(c) The Kashmiri frontier.
(d) Near Q.
3. Who comes to Omar's aid when he is overwhelmed by the religious zealots?
(a) Eduardo Rodrigues.
(c) Farah Zoroaster.
(d) Maulana Dawood.
4. Which of the following does Old Man Shakil hate?
(a) The trade route.
(b) His eldest son.
(c) The native bazaar.
(d) The foreign blacksmith.
5. What country is mentioned as invading Afghanistan at the beginning of Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Omar's mothers do during the years in which they nurse him?
2. After whom does the narrator name the hero of his story?
3. At what age does Omar win a scholarship to the best medical school in Karachi?
4. How do the sisters continue to pay for the house's regular needs?
5. What sort of guests compose the majority of the girls' coming-out party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Omar initially greeted upon his exiting Nishapur?
2. Why does the narrator appropriate the story of his friend, the poet?
3. Why are the children of the British colonials sent back to England after the age of eight to continue their educations?
4. How does Raza Hyder describe his courtship of Bilquis?
5. Describe the end of Bilquis' father's business.
6. What sort of gossip floats around Farah Zoroaster and Eduardo Rodrigues?
7. What happens to the real names of the three sisters, and by what names are they instead called?
8. Why does Raza Hyder stake himself to the ground in Iskander Harappa's yard?
9. What are the circumstances surrounding the death of Mistri Yakoob Balloch?
10. What characterizes Bilquis' reaction to the Loo?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)