|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does BIlquis go to the movies in Q while Raza is away?
(a) Rani Harappa.
(b) Sindbad Mengal.
(c) Omar Khayyam Shakil.
(d) Duniyazad Begum.
2. For how many days, roughly, does Raza Hyder go without sleep in order to watch over the refugees?
3. What word best describes Omar's feeling towards life?
4. After whom does the narrator name the hero of his story?
(a) The Famous Doctor of Egypt.
(b) The Great Poet of Persia.
(c) The Great Poet of India.
(d) The First Sultan of Arabia.
5. The men who visit the women at night in Bariamma's room are sarcastically called what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iskander Harappa build at Aansu?
2. How many male servants remain in the Shakil sisters' house?
3. What is the name of Bilquis' widowed father?
4. About what do Old Man Shakil's daughters regularly fantasize?
5. Who is Raza Hyder's chief adviser when he becomes administrator of the region?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Raza Hyder stake himself to the ground in Iskander Harappa's yard?
2. How does Raza Hyder describe his courtship of Bilquis?
3. What characterizes Bilquis' reaction to the Loo?
4. How do Raza Hyder and Maulana Dawood come to trust one another immediately?
5. What happens to the real names of the three sisters, and by what names are they instead called?
6. What characterizes Omar Khayyam Shakil's early educational experiences?
7. Of what sort of development is Omar Khayyam Shakil deprived in his formative years?
8. What are the circumstances surrounding the death of Mistri Yakoob Balloch?
9. How is Omar initially greeted upon his exiting Nishapur?
10. How does Omar Khayyam describe himself to Iskander Harappa, as described at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)