|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Omar become after starting to attend the school?
(a) A soccer star.
(b) A ladies' man.
(c) A freakish recluse.
(d) A peeping tom.
2. What sort of story does the narrator claim to be writing, instead of a realistic novel?
(a) A gothic novel.
(b) An ancient legend.
(c) A parable.
(d) A modern fairytale.
3. What country is mentioned as invading Afghanistan at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Who returns to Q as Omar is leaving it for Karachi?
(a) Eduardo Rodrigues.
(b) Farah Zoroaster.
(c) Babar Khayyam.
(d) Farah Zoroaster's father.
5. At what age does Omar win a scholarship to the best medical school in Karachi?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Omar's rescuer from the religious zealots?
2. Why does Omar strictly limit his sleep at night?
3. Who is the betrothed of Rani Hamayun?
4. How many of the sisters feign pregnancy after their coming-out party?
5. What does Omar's 12th birthday request do to his mothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raza Hyder describe his courtship of Bilquis?
2. What sort of gossip floats around Farah Zoroaster and Eduardo Rodrigues?
3. How is Omar initially greeted upon his exiting Nishapur?
4. What theory does the author propose regarding the mysterious pregnancy of the sisters?
5. Why is Raza Hyder's military victory so greatly lauded throughout Pakistan?
6. Why is Raza Hyder sent to the Needle Valley?
7. Describe the end of Bilquis' father's business.
8. What are the lasting effects of Omar's birthday request upon his mothers?
9. Why does the narrator appropriate the story of his friend, the poet?
10. How do Raza Hyder and Maulana Dawood come to trust one another immediately?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)