|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the body of a 19-year-old, what age is Sufiya Zinobia mentally?
(a) 6 and a half.
(d) 8 and a half.
2. What part of Talvar Ulhaq's body does Sufiya Zinobia bite at the wedding ceremony?
(a) His arm.
(b) His chest.
(c) His neck.
(d) His leg.
3. For what does the delusional Maulana Dawood dress after arriving in the new capital city?
(a) A wedding.
(c) The hajj.
4. For how many years are Rani and Arjumand imprisoned under house arrest?
5. Raza Hyder is named, by the President, the National Minister of what?
(a) Education, Information, and Tourism.
(b) Wealth, Finances, and Internal Revenue.
(c) Education, Literacy, and Trade.
(d) Religion and Ministry.
6. How many erratum slips does Bilquis write announcing the change of groom for Naveed's wedding?
7. Into what new organization of his own creation does Iskander Harappa make Talvar Ulhaq the head?
(a) The Federal Defense Force.
(b) The Federal Security Forces.
(c) The National Department of Defense.
(d) The Security Forces of Pakistan.
8. What does Omar Khayyam take to eating while sitting alone in the attic of Raza Hyder's house?
(b) Fish soup.
(d) Pine kernels.
9. Who does the ghost of Iskander Harappa quote to Raza Hyder?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Immanuel Kant.
(c) Vladimir Lenin.
(d) Niccolo Machiavelli.
10. On what does Iskander Harappa feed, as his daughter Arjumand realizes at age 23?
(a) His women.
(b) His enemies.
(c) His failures.
(d) The people.
11. What does Sufiya Zinobia discover in Omar's bed in the morning after Shahbanou sleeps with him?
(a) A damp patch.
(b) A fish.
12. Of whom does Omar dream the night that Sufiya Zinobia is taken to the hospital?
(a) Eduardo Rodrigues.
(b) Farah Zoroaster.
(c) Maulana Dawood.
(d) His mothers.
13. By what name does Bilquis call Sufiya Zinobia?
(a) Chili pepper.
14. In what city does Haroun Harappa hijack an aircraft?
15. What myth does the narrator suggest to replace the Islamic fundamentalist myth rammed down the people's throats by Raza Hyder?
(a) Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
(b) Liberty, fraternity, and justice.
(c) Liberty, equality, and fraternity.
(d) Islamic jurisprudence.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what physical malady is Iskander Harappa suffering immediately before he is arrested by the military coup?
2. How many years older than Sufiya Zinobia is Omar Khayyam Shakil?
3. Where is Iskander Harappa initially detained after the coup?
4. How does General Raddi arrest Haroun Harappa and his terrorists without firing a shot?
5. At what hospital is Omar named senior consultant in the new capital?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)