|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the personality of Bilquis' father?
2. What is the name of the school which Omar attends?
(a) The Academy Zoroaster.
(b) The School of Khayyam.
(c) The Cantoment School.
(d) The Bali School.
3. What is the name of Iskander's cousin who loots the Harappa family estate?
(a) Big Mir.
(d) Little Mir.
4. Who has a powerful effect on Omar when seen through his telescope?
(a) Farah Zoroaster.
(b) Eduardo Rodrigues.
(c) Yakoob Balloch.
(d) Maulana Dawood.
5. Where does Omar believe Hell is located?
(a) All around us.
(b) In the East.
(c) Beneath the earth.
6. At what age does Hashmat Bibi die?
7. What do the sisters purchase from the handyman Mistri Yakoob Balloch?
(a) A yacht.
(b) A chest of tools.
(c) Three years of service.
(d) A dumbwaiter.
8. For whom does Omar look among the Englishmen?
(a) Dr. Wilkes.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His uncle.
9. What is the name of Bilquis' father's theater?
(a) The Excelsior Theater.
(b) The Loo.
(c) The Vinyl Theater.
(d) The Empire Theater.
10. How many women sleep in the room with Bariamma?
11. In what garment does Raza Hyder first wrap Bilquis?
(a) A man's shirt.
(b) His military coat.
(c) A wool coat.
(d) A dupatta.
12. What do Omar's mothers insist that he must never feel?
13. What is intended by Bilal to be draped over Omar's neck after his 12th birthday?
(a) A necklace of shoes.
(b) A necklace of pearls.
(c) An ox's yoke.
(d) A lock of his mothers' hair.
14. What is a dupatta?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A head-covering.
(c) A body-wrap.
(d) A blanket.
15. Who is the Chief Minister in the region of Q when Raza Hyder first arrives?
(a) Aladdin Gichki.
(b) Maulana Dawood.
(c) Iskander Harappa.
(d) Omar Khayyam Shakil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bilquis' widowed father?
2. About what do Old Man Shakil's daughters regularly fantasize?
3. What significant action does Omar do to Farah before leaving her father's customs post?
4. About what sort of textbooks would the narrator have to write if his novel were realistic?
5. Of what imminent threat is Bilquis' warned by the sound like the beating wings of an angel?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)