|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Omar's feeling towards life?
2. How does Bilquis' father die, to the best of Bilquis' knowledge?
(c) Old age.
3. About what do Old Man Shakil's daughters regularly fantasize?
(c) Male genitalia.
4. Which of the following does Old Man Shakil hate?
(a) The foreign blacksmith.
(b) The native bazaar.
(c) His eldest son.
(d) The trade route.
5. Who is the Chief Minister in the region of Q when Raza Hyder first arrives?
(a) Iskander Harappa.
(b) Maulana Dawood.
(c) Aladdin Gichki.
(d) Omar Khayyam Shakil.
6. What is the name of the Harappa family estate where Rani Harappa lives?
7. What does Omar's 12th birthday request do to his mothers?
(a) Individuate them.
(b) Speak for the first time in years.
(c) Bring them to agreement.
(d) Stop fighting.
8. What is the real name of Marshal Aurangzeb's wife?
9. What is the immediate result of Mahmoud's announcement that he is showing a double feature to both Hindus and Muslims?
(a) His theater is attended by only Muslims.
(b) His theater is boycotted by everyone.
(c) His theater is attended by only Hindus.
(d) His theater is overwhelmed by customers.
10. What happens to Mistri Yakoob Balloch after his deal is made with the sisters?
(a) He impregnates one of the sisters.
(b) He dies suspiciously.
(c) He kidnaps two of the sisters.
(d) He is arrested and taken to prison.
11. Who comes to Omar's aid when he is overwhelmed by the religious zealots?
(a) Maulana Dawood.
(b) Eduardo Rodrigues.
(d) Farah Zoroaster.
12. To where does Farah Zoroaster invite Omar after Eduardo Rodrigues tells her to be nice to the fat 16-year-old boy?
(a) Her mother's house in Q.
(b) The Impossible Mountains.
(c) Her father's customs post.
(d) Her uncle's shop in the bazaar.
13. Besides Omar, who is Eduardo Rodrigues' best student in the town of Q?
(a) Babar Khayyam.
(b) Hermann Gadegger.
(c) Farah Zoroaster.
(d) Chand Mohammad.
14. What is a dupatta?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A body-wrap.
(d) A head-covering.
15. What happens to the narrator's poet friend in Karachi by the time Rushdie returns to London?
(a) He is married.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is imprisoned.
(d) He becomes famous for a poem he wrote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to a realistic book about Pakistan, according to the narrator?
2. What is Omar called by the two religious zealots?
3. Who accompanies Omar's rescuer from the religious zealots?
4. After whom does the narrator name the hero of his story?
5. Who is Raza Hyder's chief adviser when he becomes administrator of the region?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)