|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By how many breasts is Omar nourished?
2. How many male servants remain in the Shakil sisters' house?
3. What nickname is given to Raza Hyder after his sole military victory?
(a) The Black Razor.
(b) Raza Daza.
(c) Old Razor Guts.
4. What profession does Eduardo Rodrigues determine is fitting for Omar?
5. What is the name of the school which Omar attends?
(a) The Bali School.
(b) The School of Khayyam.
(c) The Cantoment School.
(d) The Academy Zoroaster.
6. What happens to Mistri Yakoob Balloch after his deal is made with the sisters?
(a) He impregnates one of the sisters.
(b) He kidnaps two of the sisters.
(c) He dies suspiciously.
(d) He is arrested and taken to prison.
7. What does Omar's 12th birthday request do to his mothers?
(a) Bring them to agreement.
(b) Stop fighting.
(c) Individuate them.
(d) Speak for the first time in years.
8. Upon what do Bilquis' hands rest when she sleeps alone?
(a) Her thighs.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her breasts.
(d) Her hips.
9. Into where are the Muslims herded for their own safety, following the death of Bilquis' father?
10. With whom does BIlquis go to the movies in Q while Raza is away?
(a) Omar Khayyam Shakil.
(b) Rani Harappa.
(c) Sindbad Mengal.
(d) Duniyazad Begum.
11. What is Omar called by the two religious zealots?
(a) The Salt of the Earth.
(b) The Devil's seed.
(c) The Fruit of Evil.
(d) The Angels' Blessed.
12. After whom does the narrator name the hero of his story?
(a) The Great Poet of Persia.
(b) The First Sultan of Arabia.
(c) The Famous Doctor of Egypt.
(d) The Great Poet of India.
13. What is the name of Rani Humayun's daughter?
14. What is a dupatta?
(a) A body-wrap.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A head-covering.
15. How many women sleep in the room with Bariamma?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to a realistic book about Pakistan, according to the narrator?
2. What country is mentioned as invading Afghanistan at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of the girl whom Omar accompanies in a jeep?
4. What significant action does Omar do to Farah before leaving her father's customs post?
5. How many daughters does Old Man Shakil have?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)