|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Omar called by the two religious zealots?
(a) The Devil's seed.
(b) The Salt of the Earth.
(c) The Fruit of Evil.
(d) The Angels' Blessed.
2. What is the name of Rani Humayun's daughter?
3. Into where are the Muslims herded for their own safety, following the death of Bilquis' father?
4. About whom would the narrator be writing if his novel were realistically about Pakistan?
(a) His mother.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His sister.
5. In what garment does Raza Hyder first wrap Bilquis?
(a) His military coat.
(b) A dupatta.
(c) A man's shirt.
(d) A wool coat.
6. What is the name of the servant whom Raza punches in the yard of Iskander's estate?
7. The men who visit the women at night in Bariamma's room are sarcastically called what?
8. By how many breasts is Omar nourished?
9. What word best describes the personality of Bilquis' father?
10. To where does Farah Zoroaster invite Omar after Eduardo Rodrigues tells her to be nice to the fat 16-year-old boy?
(a) Her father's customs post.
(b) Her uncle's shop in the bazaar.
(c) The Impossible Mountains.
(d) Her mother's house in Q.
11. What profession does Eduardo Rodrigues determine is fitting for Omar?
12. What is the name of Bilquis' second daughter?
13. How old is Rani Humayun's betrothed at the time of their marriage?
14. What is the immediate result of Mahmoud's announcement that he is showing a double feature to both Hindus and Muslims?
(a) His theater is attended by only Muslims.
(b) His theater is boycotted by everyone.
(c) His theater is overwhelmed by customers.
(d) His theater is attended by only Hindus.
15. Who is the Chief Minister in the region of Q when Raza Hyder first arrives?
(a) Omar Khayyam Shakil.
(b) Aladdin Gichki.
(c) Maulana Dawood.
(d) Iskander Harappa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to a realistic book about Pakistan, according to the narrator?
2. How many women sleep in the room with Bariamma?
3. What do Omar's mothers do during the years in which they nurse him?
4. What happens to Mistri Yakoob Balloch after his deal is made with the sisters?
5. What does Chand Mohammad sell to Omar?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)