|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Omar's mothers do during the years in which they nurse him?
(a) Become mute.
(b) Synchronize every action.
(c) Quibble over everything.
(d) Physically fight constantly.
2. What profession does Eduardo Rodrigues determine is fitting for Omar?
3. What significant event happens to the girls at their coming-out party?
(a) One of them is killed.
(b) They are kidnapped.
(c) They find their father's journal.
(d) One of them becomes pregnant.
4. What is the most prominent decoration in Eduardo Rodrigues' room?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A calendar.
(c) A picture of his wife.
(d) A plain cross.
5. For whom does Omar look among the Englishmen?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) Dr. Wilkes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is intended by Bilal to be draped over Omar's neck after his 12th birthday?
2. How long after leaving Q for Karachi is Omar's brother born?
3. By how many breasts is Omar nourished?
4. Who comes to Omar's aid when he is overwhelmed by the religious zealots?
5. For how long is Omar imprisoned in the house of the Shakil sisters?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)